PDA

View Full Version : San andreas issues?

fluffyponybear
1/19/2005, 4:07 pm
Has anyone had any trouble with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas...

It is an amazing game and i love it so dearly but for some reason after 15 minutes or so of gameplay it will lock up and freeze.

I've had it resurfaced twice.

It's already burned out one playstation 2.

Has this happened to anyone else? or any other horror stories about games that are too good to give up on?

kewlmonk
1/19/2005, 4:09 pm
wait are u saying by playing ur disk it burned out a ps2?
try it in a friends ps2 if it dont work then sell it back to gamestop or somthing then buy a new1

phormat
1/19/2005, 4:13 pm
Do you have the new slimline ps2 or the older version?

fluffyponybear
1/19/2005, 4:33 pm
had the older, tried it in my friends older ps2 and it was freezing. and i jsut got a new slimline ps2 and its doing it again. im fat.

senorlax
1/19/2005, 5:26 pm
Well that's pretty sweet to hear, but your fatness aside, your problem doesn't make much sense. I've never seen that before. I'm going to guess it's a software problem, since it doesn't appear to be hardware. Selling it back to a place like GameStop is your best bet, then buying a new one.

CroNiK
1/19/2005, 5:32 pm
Get a new disc..I have the slim ps2 and san andreas and it works perfectly.

checkmate
1/19/2005, 5:34 pm
I think it's something up with the older version PS2s. Mine freezes up for a couple seconds but only when I'm trying to go to a garage where I parked (more than one) vehicle.

Goodluck.

senorlax
1/19/2005, 5:36 pm
He said it was doing it again with his new slimline version. That would lead us to believe that it wasn't a software problem and that something is fucked wit the game. Is it a ripped version?

kennyg123
1/19/2005, 6:02 pm
Its the older versions. If your like me you got one of the first PS2's that shipped. I'm pretty sure Rockstar said people with older PS2's might experiance slight frame rate slowdowns and draw distance issuses, this is just a side effect of the ageing PS2 and the heavy graphical concent in GTA SA. As far as fucking up your system its definatly not the cd unless you burned it and messed something up in the process that your PS's didn't like.

jesus christ
1/19/2005, 6:03 pm
no problems, beat it twice, once without cheats, once with

and my ps2 is old, too

fluffyponybear
1/19/2005, 6:30 pm
I guess i just got dealt the shit card as far as the game goes.

I contacted rockstar through email on what to do... i don't see it panning out though.

I think i might be a tricky bastard and sell it back to gamestop at one end of the mall... Then walk all the way down to the other end and purchase myself a nice new copy at Eb games... Oh yes.

Thanks for the feedback though.

Casurfer805
1/19/2005, 7:47 pm
the only issue i have is that my garage wont open some times

Blacksox21
1/19/2005, 8:45 pm
Mine worked fine, never took it out of the system, then one day it wouldnt read it, i think theres something with the old playstation 2 and the new discs.

senorlax
1/19/2005, 8:47 pm
I think it's been established in this thread that it's either a hit or miss with the old PS2s and the GTA:SA. Theoretically, I don't believe the old and new slim PS2s are supposed to have any differences (internally) except for a few obvious downsizings and the removal of the expansion port.

DementedTeen
1/20/2005, 5:57 pm
I have never had the game freeze on me, but like kennyg123 said, the older PS2's arent quite powerful enough to keep the game running up to speed sometimes...I have had the ground disappear right underneath me, though...

Deadmoocow
1/20/2005, 8:32 pm
yeah. i've had the ground issues occasionally. i have the older ps2 so maybe you guys are right about that.

aside from that, has anyone actually finished the game yet? shit, i moved onto other games.

push_it
1/20/2005, 8:43 pm
Mine will freze if i go into the bar in first city i dont know y but it happnes everytime