User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sportsmen's Thread

Elite Member
    I got a large doe in Chester County today. It was the largest of six and weighed about 160 field dressed. I watched and waited for a buck for a while but, after 15 minutes and no buck i got bored and took the shot. Used a 12 gauge because rifles are illegal to use in Chester.

^Congrats!!!

Originally posted by Dicee
    I got a large doe in Chester County today. It was the largest of six and weighed about 160 field dressed. I watched and waited for a buck for a while but, after 15 minutes and no buck i got bored and took the shot. Used a 12 gauge because rifles are illegal to use in Chester.

slug or buck shot?

Entense Supporter
    while this isnt me i have a buddy of mine that goes hunting all the time heres some pictures of his you guys may appreciate:

he also did a bear hunting trip up in canada last summer

the caption to this picture was "205 black bear"

bear his cousin got:

only a few hundred pounds of dead weight he held up to take a few pictures..fucking moose:

this is among all the deer hunting and fishing he does...hes killed too many deer to even have pictures of i know hes got hunting land down in south GA somewhere and does majority bow hunting
    http://forums.entensity.net/signaturepics/sigpic8024_1.gif

Originally posted by Opie
    slug or buck shot?
    Had to be a slug. Buckshot is illegal in PA.

Also... nice bears. I spent the majority of Wednesday tracking an approx. 350 lb. bear through a swamp. Unfortunately, I didn't bag him up.

I have my firearms license but i've never been hunting. I really have A) no one to go with and B) no use for a dead deer. I'd have to look into those places where you bring a dead deer and they'll give you any cuts you want and use the rest.

also, obligatory 'i hunt taliban' comment

Originally posted by Beast
    Terrorists: The other white meat.

Originally posted by C0WB0Y
    but they're dark?

Went out this weekend. It was fucking cold. My father saw two doe and I just saw a couple partridge. Oh well. One last weekend left open for hunting in NH hopefully I see a buck.

Originally posted by Beast
    but they're dark?
    Human flesh is widely renown to have a very similar taste, texture and appearance consistent with pork.

Also goes well with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Elite Member
    Yeah, it was a slug. Buckshot would've been nice though.

The deer season has ended for me. I missed out on taking a small buck this weekend because I needed another look at it before I was sure it was a buck. It took off before I got a chance to make sure. Saw two doe later in the day. At least I saw some deer this year. I've had years where I haven't seen anything. Next year I plan on spending some time hunting in Mass and Maine, in addition to NH. Hopefully I get a nice one next year.

Good luck to anyone who's still hunting this year, and good luck/good job if you're done for the season.

My first big game was my javalina about 3 years ago. I got my first buck 2 years ago. he was small and i will never shoot a small deer again. too much work for no rack. I want to get a nice bull elk. We have some of the best elk in the country here.

Aw, I like black bears too much to kill them. Grizzlys on the other hand, fuck them.

I enjoy hunting, but I'm really kind of hung up on killing animals that I like. So, you wouldn't catch me killing bears. I don't really care for hunting deer either, but I'll do it with friends as long as we don't waste anything.. I'm more about the eating than the trophies.

The only thing I've personally bagged are wild boars. They are nuisance animals here in Florida, so there is no bag limit.... not that they need one, they are everywhere.

So my buddies and I went boar hunting about 3 years ago, around Christmas time actually. We wanted to go oldschool, so we only took WWII rifles (modern sidearms for backup... you never know with those damned angry pigs). I was sporting my Mosin Nagant 91/30 with 203 grain 7.62x54R softpoints, which I might add are fucking expensive compared to the milsurp stuff I'm used to. One of my buddies had his M1 Garand, and the other was just along for the ride, he carried his 22 for shits and giggles.

It didn't take very long to find an area that the boars found especially appealing... There seemed to be about 3 per mile. Unfortunately, we scared a bunch of them away trying to get close enough for ironsights. Eventually, the tagalong went back to the campsite, and my other buddy and I were actually able to maintain an element of surprise.
    So we came up to the top of a small ridge, and I saw a REAL mean looking sucker. Huge too! I thought it was a small bear until we saw him digging up the ground. I had already called dibs on our way out, so I got the honors.

This was to be my first kill, so I was a bit shakey. Thankfully, I composed myself, held steady, and shot! The motherfucker spun around and started heading right for us! Luckily, he got about 10 feet and then collapsed. He was still kicking around a bit, but I'm pretty sure he was 90% dead by that point... but I shot him again anyway. The second shot was worse, we were both like "WTF, stop moving!". First shot was in the lower part of the neck, second shot was again in the neck.

So there we were, staring at this bigass boar, both afraid to walk up to him at this point for fear that he isn't really dead, and will spaz out and impale us. After poking him with sticks for a minute, we decided it was safe. The only problem now, he was too heavy to carry! That damn swamp hog was almost 300 lbs!

We didn't have an ATV, you couldn't get a truck back there... We had to grab an old moving blanket out of the truck and drag the motherfucker a mile back to the camp! I had expected getting one between 100-150 lbs, so we weren't quite prepared.

Next was the fun part! Whew! Hogs stink, btw, incase you were unaware. The smell was terrible. We managed to get it hoisted, but then decided not to do the field dressing. We loaded it in the truck, dumped all the ice on it, and drove back to my buddy's house (only about 45 min away).

From there, we got him skinned, cleaned, stuffed (complete with apple in mouth), wrapped, and then thrown in the pit!! Then we went to bed! About 16 hours later, FEAST!

That was one of the best trips ever. It is ever so satisfying to eat something you caught yourself.

EDIT: We weighed it when we got back, it was 276 lbs, missing some blood.

Not a New Bitch
    I hunt in South Jersey, we got 11 deer this year and missed quite a few..

this is my 6 pointer, has two broken horns that could've made it an 8 cause they were pretty big at the start..

here is a pic of all the hunters from my gun club

I'm going bear/buck hunting in the morning!!

Anyone snag anything yet this season???

yeah your butt

If I went hunting it would have to be for a black bear 1) because deer are dumb, I eat steak and 2) a black bear I would show off in my house.

Good luck Cowboy, I hope you get a bear.
    Last edited by Zoxygen; 12/04/2008 at 6:07 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
    hes a god damn legend, you shut your gypsy mouth

ive been hunting and fishing since i cant even remember, i love it. a few winters back a buddy or mine and i shared a shack and a blunt and hunted all day opening day. i took a 6 point at about 140 dressed and on the day we were leaving he took a huge ass eight point weighed about 180 dressed.

The day he bagged the 8 point i also shot a doe in the head and a squirrel, i was field dressing when i heard him shoot so i came over to see and we tracked his about 20 yards into some brush and found it. bad part is we had to wench it across a semi frozen ditch lol and it fell in and drug under the ice. funny shit but we drove back with like 300lbs of deer/squirrel in one haul lol not to mention both of us on the 4 wheeler.
    Last edited by Ecr33Gtst; 12/04/2008 at 6:13 pm. Reason: i spell good

Fishing season is nearly here!! Fucking love it when it's high 20's and spittin snow with 10-15 in your face. Smallmouth get mean as shit around here and they're big sons of bitches too. Anyone do any winter fishing on Dale Hollow?