User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tight people who dont give money

tight people who dont give money

ok first off, im not well off at all, i would class myself as average.. or below average (in australia anyway).. i get a bit of pocket money which is usually gone after a lunch or two but yer, anyway

im probably a minority.. but whenever i see a bum on the street (for example yesterday there was a guy in a wheelchair playing a harmonica), i drop a few coins in there.. just whatever happens to be in my wallet at the time
    so i did this yesterday, dropped about a $1.something in his tin, and my mates were with me and they go "wtf.. i couldve used that"
    which kinda angers me, i mean shit.. what were you going to buy a bottle of water or something? i dont see how you can care about such a small amount
    and this happens everytime i drop a coin into a tin :\

its different with like mcdonald donation things cos well, they dont need donations.. those cunts should take money out of their billions of dollars of profit.. but bums are like fucked -no offense- they sit on the street and bask

i do too, but now i live in a city with crackheads, so i took that money and bought myself a knife.

I gave $2 to a guy the other day. He looked at me and was shocked. It was like no one had ever given him that much money before. Anyway, he said thanks and that was it. I dunno, I was somewhat suprised. I guess people around here are pretty tight with their change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    pubes are for realass n-words. i wouldn't even care if she didn't shave her pits. i haven't trimmed my pubes since 9th grade. every girl complains and that's the way god intended it. i can pull a pinch of loose full length pubes from my bush at any given time, which is useful in ways that would never even cross your dick trimming minds.
    fuck yes.

I have lots of Seniority Gabaloo's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    ill never give a bum money, i have given them food, but never money

drink milk like its our job crew

BANNED
    I never give bums money either. But when a fireman or something is raising money during the summer here in california, standing in the street with full gear on, I tend to give more than usual 5-10$ or so. Depends on how much money is in my wallet.

Grand-High Poster
    i dont give beggars money. a man with a tin cup next to him is a beggar. if you're too lazy to do something to survive/make money, fuck you, you can't have any of mine. if i see a homeless person collecting recycables to take to the yard or digging through dumpsters for anything that can be eaten/used, that few dollars then belongs in his pocket.

i dont give beggars money. a man with a tin cup next to him is a beggar. if you're too lazy to do something to survive/make money, fuck you, you can't have any of mine. if i see a homeless person collecting recycables to take to the yard or digging through dumpsters for anything that can be eaten/used, that few dollars then belong in his pocket.
    [/img]http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/4913/fqqp46bo9ijd.jpg[/img]
    Originally posted by shore
    it's good to be a surfer.
    your sig is too tall

you cant blame them, they couldve had like.. really bad pasts or something

lol, but its great to give money.. few dollars out of your wallet and it makes someone alot happier

Grand-High Poster
    Originally posted by hjkou

lol, but its great to give money.. few dollars out of your wallet and it makes someone alot happier
    never said i blamed them, how they got into that situation isnt my problem. my problem is waiting for handouts.
    [/img]http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/4913/fqqp46bo9ijd.jpg[/img]
    Originally posted by shore
    it's good to be a surfer.
    your sig is too tall

Entensity Vet
    Entense Supporter
    People who panhandle make alright money - it's a nonstop effort but there was a guy in Syracuse who claimed to make $70/day doing this. America is a generous fucking country.

wow $70 a day? He should go to value city and get himself a new suit and a job.

Originally posted by Gabaloo
    ill never give a bum money, i have given them food, but never money
    quoted for how you should handle the homeless

Entensity Vet
    Entense Supporter
    Originally posted by m4dc0w
    wow $70 a day? He should go to value city and get himself a new suit and a job.
    And quit his dayjob panhandling? No way.

Originally posted by orange
    And quit his dayjob panhandling? No way.
    I guess some people are just born to panhandle, they live for the stuff. A nice outdoors job with fresh air, meet a lot of new people, youre your own boss so you can work whatever hours you want, sounds pretty sweet

Pimpin Member
    Originally posted by orange
    People who panhandle make alright money - it's a nonstop effort but there was a guy in Syracuse who claimed to make $70/day doing this. America is a generous fucking country.
    In the right neighborhoods in California a panhandler can make $70/HOUR.

That being said, I rarely give money to panhandlers.

Freshman year after finals me and several of my friends decided to have a cookout in the quad. We bought steaks, ribs, got a bunch of fries and mozzerella sticks from a restaurant on campus, chips, pop, we had a LOT of food. Two homeless people approached us and asked for money, and we told them that we wouldn't give them any money but if they wanted some they could have some steak and food. And they turned us down and walked away.

If that weren't bad enough every single homeless person here (I go to Georgia Tech, I live in Midtown Atlanta) has the same set of fucking lies:
    A) My car is right around the corner I need some gas money so I can...(pick up my kids from soccer practice, get home, etc).
    B) I need money for food, my kids are in my car around the corner. (nonexsistant kids are a repeating theme).
    C) I need a buck for a MARTA (train) token to get home/work. I've seen someone give one of these guys a MARTA token and then watched him try to sell it to people at the station.

I infinitely prefer the ones in Eugene OR (home). They just get a cardboard sign and sit at a crouded intersection, and I rarely see the same ones over and over, when their signs says "Need money to get to Portland" I tend to believe it because I don't see them the next day. Some of the bums that hang out near Tech's campus were around so much we knew their names.

I'm also a lot more generous to honest bums. If they have a sign that says "Want money for booze because I'm homeless and want to get drunk" or they approach me and ask for change to get a 40, I'm much more likely to give them some money.

Entense Supporter
    I give money for the same reason anyone gives money: a mutual benefit. I feel better about myself knowing I helped some dude get drunk or by pants. Probably 85% of the reason I do it is for myself.
    Originally posted by sam
    if you dont get laid watching cool runnings, you have NO game.

Posting Slut
    I've given $20 twice, once to a guy that had walked at least for 30 miles. I drove by him and then later in the day I see him again walking through my town, he said he had been walking since he left Los Angeles, and was hoping to make it to Seattle, the guy did not ask for a dime but I gave it to him. I tried finding him again so I could purchase him a greyhound ticket but I'm not sure what route he went, it was only $60.

A second time I seen this homeless guy walking in the middle of no where, on a 100 degree day. I stopped and gave him $20 and told him good luck, he just gave me a huge smile and said thanks.

I have lots of Seniority mikerzt's Avatar
    the only time i give money away is to charity....that's it.
    they can use that to help the homeless as a community then as a individual.

Entense Supporter
    I've bought people food before, but rarely have I given someone money. I once offered to have a guy (shock) work for some money; I needed some yard work done and offered him $10 an hour to rake some leaves and help me haul some stuff out of my garage. He looked at me with this incredible shocked look on his face like i was insane.

In my experience, most beggars look like they're smashed or about to be smashed, so giving them money only serves to feed their addiction. Giving money to them does not help them. I'd rather give them something to use rather than something to spend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy
    Finished the round of life for the day

I used to work in Baltimore and every morning at this stop light on MLK Blvd. I would see a guy on crutches standing on the median with a sign that said "Homeless Vet, Please Help". Every night on my way home I would see the sam panhandler WALKING down MLK Blvd. Carrying the crutches.
    My anger management class is really pissing me off.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by hjkou View Post

oh god, you are so stupid. 1) Yes it probably is their fault.

2) alot is spelled a lot.

3) if money makes you happy, you are a sad, sad human being.

I have a roommate who is DUMB AS FUCK with his money.

He's 23, doesn't have a job, his dad gives him all his money.

His dad gave him $150 this month and told him to make it last. He spent it BEFORE THE MONTH EVEN STARTED!!!!

He's a dumb fucking person and I want to sit him down and teach him the value of a dollar.

He got the money went out bought $40 in PLANTS at a nursery. Then spent $20 on the way home on pizza....

Then the rest on alcohol and cigarettes and like $30 of it on food....

Now it's the 2nd of the month and he's trying to sell shit to get money so he doesn't have to ask his dad for money, but he will have to by the end of the week.

It's a fucking pathetic life, some people are TERRIBLE at managing money so there's no reason you should have to give up ANY of your money to people like this.