User Tag List

Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: new photos from the spiegelmeister

  1. #1
    I have lots of Seniority spigel's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    here
    Age
    30
    Posts
    60,554
    Points
    271 (207,886 Banked)

    new photos from the spiegelmeister











    I'm not too impressed with the lighting. The first 3 photos have been untouched in photoshop with the exception of borders. The last photo has been gray scaled and fixed up the contrast.

    There's more coming, it's kind of an experimental thing that me and my friend did. Playing around with the tripod and stuff. Should be done in a while.


    Not the final photo:



    Comments and critiques are welcome.

    RIP Алексей Черепанов

  2. #2
    Queen of Healthcare Flightless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    33
    Posts
    29,706
    Points
    85 (0 Banked)
    I dont like the color cast on your beer photos. try setting the white balance to match the lighting you have in the room- probably incandescent??

    and the last one.. mehhhh- a dude asleep on a distracting couch with a distracting background.

  3. #3
    I have lots of Seniority spigel's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    here
    Age
    30
    Posts
    60,554
    Points
    271 (207,886 Banked)
    Yea, I'm not all that impressed with it and the white balance was definitely on incandescence. For some reason, most of the close up indoor pictures where the only lighting come from light bulbs from lighting fixtures always come out that weird kinda glowy color.

    RIP Алексей Черепанов

  4. #4
    Queen of Healthcare Flightless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    33
    Posts
    29,706
    Points
    85 (0 Banked)
    Originally posted by spiegeL
    Yea, I'm not all that impressed with it and the white balance was definitely on incandescence. For some reason, most of the close up indoor pictures where the only lighting come from light bulbs from lighting fixtures always come out that weird kinda glowy color.
    maybe it's not incandescent then.. try one of the fluorescent settings.
    OR even better- custom white balance!

  5. #5
    I have lots of Seniority spigel's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    here
    Age
    30
    Posts
    60,554
    Points
    271 (207,886 Banked)
    Fluorescent just made it worse.

    I'll look into creating a custom one next time around, thanks flightless.

    And added a new picture, it's not the final image, just need to fix the lighting on certain parts.

    RIP Алексей Черепанов

  6. #6
    I have lots of Seniority spigel's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    here
    Age
    30
    Posts
    60,554
    Points
    271 (207,886 Banked)
    I was playing around with ViewRAW for the first time and I made this picture (better?):



    as opposed to:



    Is that any better flightless?

    RIP Алексей Черепанов

  7. #7
    Grand-High Poster Libtech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Age
    34
    Posts
    17,078
    Points
    46 (4,110 Banked)
    I'm not finding the photos very interesting really. I'm still finding the white balance to be off on the photos beer.


    The last one is definatley cool, but of a photo manipulation then anything.

  8. #8
    I have lots of Seniority spigel's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    here
    Age
    30
    Posts
    60,554
    Points
    271 (207,886 Banked)
    I know Lib, it's nothing professional or anything. It was more ad-libbed than anything. I was just kind of like fuckin around and takin pictures. Tryin to get some more experience with my camera. Especially with the lighting and aperture.

    Here's the final product:




    RIP Алексей Черепанов

  9. #9
    Queen of Healthcare Flightless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    33
    Posts
    29,706
    Points
    85 (0 Banked)
    Originally posted by spiegeL
    I was playing around with ViewRAW for the first time and I made this picture (better?):



    as opposed to:



    Is that any better flightless?
    no, it's darker now... which is worse.
    it needs to be less yellow.

  10. #10
    I'm a post-aholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Age
    52
    Posts
    12,464
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Agreeing with flightless. Look:



    Edit: Also, use a polarizer so there's no reflection on the bottles.
    Canon Crew: Rebel XTi, 18-55 Kit, 50mm f/1.8, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8, Sigma 28-70 f/2.8, Sigma 500 Super Flash, Epson P2000 Storage


    RIP Nom

  11. #11
    I have lots of Seniority spigel's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    here
    Age
    30
    Posts
    60,554
    Points
    271 (207,886 Banked)
    Holy shit glenn.....

    I need a tutorial on how to properly do the curves on RAWview.

    Cliffs notes preferred from you.

    RIP Алексей Черепанов

  12. #12
    Queen of Healthcare Flightless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    33
    Posts
    29,706
    Points
    85 (0 Banked)
    Originally posted by Glenn
    Agreeing with flightless. Look:



    Edit: Also, use a polarizer so there's no reflection on the bottles.
    Originally posted by spiegeL
    Holy shit glenn.....

    I need a tutorial on how to properly do the curves on RAWview.

    Cliffs notes preferred from you.

    yes, glenn's got it right.

    use photoshop if you need to- add blue if there's too much yellow... too much red- add cyan, too much magenta- add green, etc.
    use levels to adjust each color...
    or you can use a program that adjusts white balance. there are many different ways to correct color.

  13. #13
    I'm a post-aholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Age
    52
    Posts
    12,464
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    For RAW white balance what I do is use Digital Photo Professional from Canon (I use an XTi) and use the "Click White Balance" feature. Basically what it lets you do is click a point on the image that should be neutral gray or white and adjusts around that. That usually pretty much does the trick, save for some minor adjusting. For that picture I just did a quick and dirty job in photoshop by going into Hue/Saturation, selecting the Yellows, and completely desaturating them.
    Canon Crew: Rebel XTi, 18-55 Kit, 50mm f/1.8, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8, Sigma 28-70 f/2.8, Sigma 500 Super Flash, Epson P2000 Storage


    RIP Nom

  14. #14
    I have lots of Seniority spigel's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    here
    Age
    30
    Posts
    60,554
    Points
    271 (207,886 Banked)
    Yea, I see how it works now. Thanks.


    But I just realized, the table cover is actually yellowish in color though.

    But it looks better when it's all whitened up haha.

    RIP Алексей Черепанов

  15. #15
    I'm a post-aholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Age
    52
    Posts
    12,464
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    I think it looks better too, but you could always just select everything and then deselect the table cloth and desaturate everything but that. The joys of digital editing :-D
    Canon Crew: Rebel XTi, 18-55 Kit, 50mm f/1.8, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8, Sigma 28-70 f/2.8, Sigma 500 Super Flash, Epson P2000 Storage


    RIP Nom

  16. #16
    Queen of Healthcare Flightless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    33
    Posts
    29,706
    Points
    85 (0 Banked)
    Originally posted by Glenn
    For RAW white balance what I do is use Digital Photo Professional from Canon (I use an XTi) and use the "Click White Balance" feature. Basically what it lets you do is click a point on the image that should be neutral gray or white and adjusts around that. That usually pretty much does the trick, save for some minor adjusting. For that picture I just did a quick and dirty job in photoshop by going into Hue/Saturation, selecting the Yellows, and completely desaturating them.
    you can do that in photoshop too...
    go into levels, and there's a little eyedropper (i think it' s an eyedropper). there's a white one a gray one and a black one.. click what's supposed to be white, gray, and black and it does a fair job.

  17. #17
    Someone posts A LOT
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    2,590
    Points
    11 (0 Banked)
    Originally posted by Flightless
    you can do that in photoshop too...
    go into levels, and there's a little eyedropper (i think it' s an eyedropper). there's a white one a gray one and a black one.. click what's supposed to be white, gray, and black and it does a fair job.
    I also like this feature.... Adds a nice affirmation if you are up-in-arms about your levels..

  18. #18
    I'm a post-aholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Age
    52
    Posts
    12,464
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Originally posted by Flightless
    you can do that in photoshop too...
    go into levels, and there's a little eyedropper (i think it' s an eyedropper). there's a white one a gray one and a black one.. click what's supposed to be white, gray, and black and it does a fair job.
    That's where that is...I've used it before but since I got my slr I've been trying to remember it and couldn't
    Canon Crew: Rebel XTi, 18-55 Kit, 50mm f/1.8, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8, Sigma 28-70 f/2.8, Sigma 500 Super Flash, Epson P2000 Storage


    RIP Nom

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •