User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Disc (Frisbee) Golf

Quote Originally Posted by nickbahhh View Post
    I try to play when I can. My home town has 4 courses so its nice. They just added a driving range to one. Not much in my bag though. I have a Valkyrie and a Star Aviar.
    My town is apparently the disc golf capital of the world?? We just had some huge tourney's here and I believe we have 12 courses (maybe more) within 30 mins of where I live.

I just lost my champ valk, loved that disc. Been throwing a star destroyer lately, then my roc for approach. I throw a jk pro aviar, personally I think it may be the best putter in dg, though I'm fond of my FLX Challenger too.

PSN: Nifos

I recently started putting overhand, seems to be a good fit for me. I need to go out and play some, but I pulled my hamstring Saturday.
    http://i.minus.com/irCo4CcM7v4Xh.jpg

RaP GaMe TaYLoR SWiFT
    I recently started putting overhand, seems to be a good fit for me. I need to go out and play some, but I pulled my hamstring Saturday.
    What wat!?! Overhand putting? Lol, seems stupid. Maybe you mean backhand?
    Moo is a fucking geek

hell yea bitch dis go hard as hell flocka i will suck big dick team slut all day and week month year and century i love big naps D I C K S Q U A D

Someone posts A LOT Th3 FaT 0n3's Avatar
    fuck yeah i love frolf.

I got my second ace yesterday at White River in Auburn. it was fucking sweet.

In my bag i have:

Champion Beast 174g

taken from this image.

Diablo DT i think 172g

Star Sidewinder 170g

Star Orc 175g (My twiced aced on disc!)

Champion Wraith 170g

Champion Monarch 175g

Star Ontario Roc 180g

Champion Aero 175g

i also have a champ shark, star destroyer and a few more aeros but dont have pics.

frolf is awesome. All the dyes i did myself and plan on doin my new shark and destroyer soon.
    Last edited by Th3 FaT 0n3; 5/01/2009 at 1:42 am.

The Best In The Northwest Rainier's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    I gave disc golf a try last weekend and i really enjoyed it. I am gonna get me a set of discs and try to get out and play more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Situationeer View Post
    What wat!?! Overhand putting? Lol, seems stupid. Maybe you mean backhand?
    Nah, overhand. I know it sounds weird, but you kinda hold the disc like a waiter.

Have the disc balanced on your thumb with your fingers behind. Then throw it like a baseball and put some spin on it. Obviously not for everyone, but I've played some sort of baseball for almost 20 years so its comfortable for me.

I drive pretty funky too. Kinda do a little skip unlike most people that sort of walk into it. Just more baseball stuff I sort of translate over.

Nah, overhand. I know it sounds weird, but you kinda hold the disc like a waiter.

Have the disc balanced on your thumb with your fingers behind. Then throw it like a baseball and put some spin on it. Obviously not for everyone, but I've played some sort of baseball for almost 20 years so its comfortable for me.

I drive pretty funky too. Kinda do a little skip unlike most people that sort of walk into it. Just more baseball stuff I sort of translate over.
    thats called turboputting.

and to lil rizz.. what course did you play?

Quote Originally Posted by Philorf View Post
    I am new to this forum and was wondering if anyone here plays disc golf? I am a fairly casual player (2-3 times a week)
    wow I wouldn't call that casual. I play maybe twice a month during the summer months. I live in Kamloops, we have the canadian national course near here. About 5 different courses in the immediate area.

whats the average length of holes on courses people play? We have some that are over 500 feet long.

RaP GaMe TaYLoR SWiFT

Ya as fat one said, that's called turbo putting. Pretty simple to get a hold of the strategy but the acc IMO can't compare to regular putting.

Average length for holes is about 140-350 for par 3s, 350-600+ for par 4s. There are two 600 foot par 4s at the harder course here in SA.
    Moo is a fucking geek

hell yea bitch dis go hard as hell flocka i will suck big dick team slut all day and week month year and century i love big naps D I C K S Q U A D

I prefer the term "pizza pie" to turbo putting

Most our par 3s are between 250-350, 4s are usually 400+ or hard mid 3s. Few par 5s, usually they're 700+, longest hole I've played is like 960 something.

Fat where you get all those unstamped disc? Plus those are fucking sic, wish I had some custom painted discs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifos View Post
    Most our par 3s are between 250-350, 4s are usually 400+ or hard mid 3s. Few par 5s, usually they're 700+, longest hole I've played is like 960 something.

Fat where you get all those unstamped disc? Plus those are fucking sic, wish I had some custom painted discs.
    i buy the discs stock and then i wipe em clean and dye them myself. i run a part time disc dying business. i can show you some other work ive done if you like. im working on a siiiiiiiick fucking Venom disc for myself right now.

just his head.

I usually play Fort Steilacoom and all the holes there are par 3 and range from like 130 feet to 604 i think... fuck yeah.

Ya we have a few holes that are par 3 and stupid long, I've never understood this one course I play has like a 360 par 4 then a 515 par 3 lol...

You have a website or anything, would love to see some of your others and actually would like some of your discs. Like I said it's huge here and you could probably make some decent cash, though it depends on the price you could get the disc for. Anyway I could paypal you some cash and you send some my way?

RaP GaMe TaYLoR SWiFT
    We need some pictures of favorite holes or just interesting holes. Really curious as to how your courses compare. I wish I had some good pics of ours.
    Moo is a fucking geek

we have tee markers with layouts. ill snap some shot of the course here next time i go out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifos View Post
    Ya we have a few holes that are par 3 and stupid long, I've never understood this one course I play has like a 360 par 4 then a 515 par 3 lol...

You have a website or anything, would love to see some of your others and actually would like some of your discs. Like I said it's huge here and you could probably make some decent cash, though it depends on the price you could get the disc for. Anyway I could paypal you some cash and you send some my way?
    i just do them as people i meet at courses or friends want. i am slowly stocking up some discs to do random stuff on to sell. its a long process and so i am takin it slow.

but i would be down to do somethin for you. ill get some pics of some other work ive done and put them up.

http://www.dalaiwood.com/ is a private course that i play sometimes.
    Last edited by Th3 FaT 0n3; 5/02/2009 at 9:53 pm.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2649

Favorite place for me. Mostly because it is the closest.

that course you posted looks and sounds like it would be fun to play.

Ive recently finished a Chimaira logo on a disc i dont throw anymore.

looks fucking sweet. Venom is getting his black dye right now and looks magnificent.
    This thread makes me want to throw so bad. stupid fucking rainy ass washington.

Or you can all call me a hippy pussy for playing a game called frisbee golf. Thats cool too.
    k, I'll be the first to say it then. You're a hippy pussy

But yeah, there's a frisbee golf course directly in front of my house at El Dorado park. I don't know if you guys have ever played there but it seems like a pretty popular course with all the traffic it gets, it's definitely not my thing though. Also, it's always funny seeing dudes chase their frisbees into a busy street after a bad throw.