User Tag List

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sketch Dump/Sketch Request

Originally posted by Skip1986
    holy shit man

harris0n sux

Entense Supporter
    alright, most of this stuff is from the movie I'm making. The Leica (storyboard animated basically) is going to be finished soon and i'll post that when its done

These are basically my designs, they basically have little tweaks here and there from other people so it isn't 100% mine. I was lead Character Designer for our film.

Concept:

Final:

Concept:

Final:

Location Concept:

Background from the film (dutch tilts for the win!)

some life drawing (conte, nupastel)

and for no reason, a character myself and a friend created.
    Laser Leo. He has a lazy eye. Whatever this eye looks at goes numb or something I can't completely remember.

not sure where to post this any of this stuff anymore, but i like feedback so who gives a shit

Im not quite sure how to embed vimeo on entensity anymore but heres a link to my first attempt at animating a cartoon commercial. it was completely rushed and short cuts are in abundance, and then the project got scrapped before i shot the live action piece and recorded the voiceover, however i fucking love this little guy and hope to finish it some day

also, here is a video of an art show we hosted with an awesome motion graphic intro i put together

and more piece of art related material, my halloween costume which i am desperately trying to find other uses for because it is so kickass its not even funny

!vimeo tag code!
    Last edited by qben9354; 12/14/2008 at 1:40 am. Reason: vimeo tag code
    Originally posted by Nok
    guys give him a break he goes to art school

heres my newest animation for work. i fucking love this program. i threw the song in after for posting it on the interwebs. it was created as a loop for televisions in our office so no sound was needed, although after my boss had me slow it down(lame) the song helps bring it through the slower areas. it was a total 3 day rush job for our christmas party, so i still have a few things to fix but basically the structure is there

i know no one comments but i put em out there on the rare chance someone will haha
    Originally posted by Nok

Entense Supporter
    Was that done in After Effects? Its pretty cool man

yeah dude! all after effects and illustrator. my boss just bought me the program, so im trying to use it everyday and get better so we can do it for clients. hows Charged coming along dude?
    Originally posted by Nok

i wish i was as talented as you guys haha

Entense Supporter
    We handed in Our final Posing lecia( basically all the finished un painted backgrounds, full size posing) on Wednesday, we actually added in one scene where everything was fully coloured. It looks so sick, i'll try and post some screens in the next few days. FINALLY start animating. It's been too long lol

Yeah I'm trying to get into after effects as well so we can use it for the film. Know of any good tutorial sites? I found this one the other day, its all free and it seems really good
    http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/all/

Entense Supporter
    What the final painted animation/backgrounds should look like

creativecow dude, no matter what your trying to rig up, someones probly tried it before you, failed, and posted about it on their forums. theres so many knowledgeable people on that site, but honestly, and i know you know this, just fucking around in the program as much as possible is the only way to do it. videocopilot is cool, but people abuse that shit, andrew kramers fingers are in everyones work. he does cover a lot of good principles though.

i've been teaching myself blender this week so i can add some 3d to our motion graphic work, unfortunately not a lot of projects really need motion work..at all. so im kinda just forcing it into as much stuff as possible, trying to get my coworkers excited about transitions and particle generators and video in general. its not working too well though haha, i just come off as a nerd.

and dude those 2 shots tell me a shit ton about your film. thats gonna be so kickass when you finish it. I'd love to help you out if you needed any post work?
    Originally posted by Nok

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by qben9354 View Post
    creativecow dude, no matter what your trying to rig up, someones probly tried it before you, failed, and posted about it on their forums. theres so many knowledgeable people on that site, but honestly, and i know you know this, just fucking around in the program as much as possible is the only way to do it. videocopilot is cool, but people abuse that shit, andrew kramers fingers are in everyones work. he does cover a lot of good principles though.

i've been teaching myself blender this week so i can add some 3d to our motion graphic work, unfortunately not a lot of projects really need motion work..at all. so im kinda just forcing it into as much stuff as possible, trying to get my coworkers excited about transitions and particle generators and video in general. its not working too well though haha, i just come off as a nerd.

and dude those 2 shots tell me a shit ton about your film. thats gonna be so kickass when you finish it. I'd love to help you out if you needed any post work?
    man that site is awesome! thanks for the link. Basically the main effect we wanted to achieve was was a light trail (almost like in Tron with the bikes) and I already found a tut on the main page for it lol.

Yeah Blender is pretty sick. In the summer of 2000 I was trying to learn it but failed lol.

I'm going to post the Leica, but I will take it down by next week. So watch it while you can!

Entense Supporter

this isn't the final music. we are getting original music recorded (violin etc)
    I took some sound effects from Half Life 2 So i don;t know what im going to do about that. I guess try and get their permission or pay a fee lol
    Last edited by Skip1986; 12/18/2008 at 8:08 pm.

Somewhat Poster
    I was wondering what the character were for and how they all tied together. I think you really have an awesome short film them. I absolutely love the premise of text message delivery you got going on. Great work, wish i could give insights on how to make it better. Besides making it less choppy through adding additional drawing, or changing the music and effects which you already stated you were going to do. theirs nothing i can add.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzBeBust View Post
    I was wondering what the character were for and how they all tied together. I think you really have an awesome short film them. I absolutely love the premise of text message delivery you got going on. Great work, wish i could give insights on how to make it better. Besides making it less choppy through adding additional drawing, or changing the music and effects which you already stated you were going to do. theirs nothing i can add.
    It's just a Leica (Storyboard animatic ) Its supposed to be choppy. It serves as a guide for the actual animation.

Wanta-be MOD
    I thought it looked very story board-ish, so you succeeded. Great concept!

Entense Supporter

i fucking love your lines skip. super envious. been working on learning 3d the past month, been itchiing to use it in my motion graphics stuff. pretty steep learning curve but the basics arent too bad.

now that ive got some basics down, ive been trying to learn character animation, but my computer cant handle the renders if theres too much on screen

you ever use blender skip?
    Originally posted by Nok

also, heres a new quick animation for work, which im fucking siked about, but i havent made original sound for yet, i actually snagged this sound from IGN.com's video reviews for pitching the concept. hopefully if my bosses dig it, illl get to design some new shit

Last edited by qben9354; 1/11/2009 at 12:51 am.
    Originally posted by Nok

Entense Supporter
    yeah I used blender back in 02... but I didn't animate with it lol I was just playing around with it.

But yeah good luck with the character animations, maybe you can use a quick render mode? (no AA stuff like that ) to render the anim? I'm not sure theres an option for that or not but maybe you can find a solution on the website.

That intro thing is pretty cool man! I'd like to make one suggestion though. When the logo is breaking apart, just before it goes back in to the original form have it do an antic overshoot.
    So say this was a side view , originally it comes out this far

.front...............[]=========[] back (this is the key just before the retract)
    ...................[]===========[] overshoot
    ..............................[]======[]
    .........................................[]=[] <---
    .................................................. ......|
    from here change the timing so its like |------------|---|-||

This will give it a real suck in feel and the overshoot is very important imo. Try it out and see how it looks
    Last edited by Skip1986; 1/11/2009 at 9:01 am.

agreed.

crazy diagram aside, thats a good idea. im kinda pissed i didnt just do that automatically. this is a weird vid though, im kinda cheating a bit with this clip, the logo is made in blender, but rendered out as just a jpeg then keyed out of its bg, then i used corny as hell shatter in after effects, which i just realized allows you to change the extrusion depth of the pieces, which when set up correctly, looks amazing with a '3d' image. however, theres no way to reverse the explosion so im just reversing the comp at that given point. i think ill give it a go on monday after my creative director checks it. guaranteed to hear "slow it down"
    Originally posted by Nok