User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves Thread #2

- Parents who bring their obnoxious children or crying babies to public facilities and then don't shut them up.

- "Scene Kids" who think they are talented because they can apparently express their depressed feelings about life in elementary-style poetry. They don't really take into consideration that they are idiots who have it pretty damn good in a first-world country.

- When people feel the need to argue over Macs vs. PCs. Why is it such a big deal that your Computer and/or OS is better than another person's alternate choice and you have to brag about it? And then there is always that eavesdropping dumbass who claims that Linux is by far superior, etc... It never ends.

- The term "pet peeve".

- "WhEn PpL TyPe LyKe dIs LYke OMG!!!" (What's the point of typing like an idiot? It just takes longer to type it out with capitalization and lowercase alternatively, and it's even harder to read.)

(That's just to name a few...)

I'm starting to post
    I had a few things...

1. People on cell phones while driving 5 miles an hour, they put their turn signal on...oh wait they take it off. That must not have been their turn. I guess they think all 20 cars behind them are enjoying the scenery...

2. People who are staring at their crotches and not paying attention to driving, because they just have to fucking text message. God the car accidents we avoid...IDIOTS!

3. When I get sick of listening to CDs, turn on the radio and they play the same shit over and over and over and...

4. The people today that have no manners. People today have to let everyone know what they are thinking, no matter how rude and offensive it is. What happened to CLASS.

5. Guys (some are still boys) on EF that whine about the opposite sex constantly...I am sure you can find something else to complain about. boo hoo.

6. People who are so cocky and full of themselves, arrogance will get you no where fast.

7. People who enjoy bringing others down. Negative hateful fuckheads.

8. People who don't take responsibility.

9. People who don't have a sense of humor.
    R.I.P. King

Entense Supporter
    Drug threads.
    Drunk threads.
    Loud walkers.
    Glasspacks, no faggot, your car does not sound cool.
    People who think their Honda Civic can go fast.
    Linux people.

Originally posted by wiggidywack

6. People who are so cocky and full of themselves, arrogance will get you no where fast.

7. People who enjoy bringing others down. Negative hateful fuckheads.
    I hate cocky bitches

and people that go out of their way to be negative towards other people annoys the fuck outa me.

I notice a lot of people gripe about society increasingly worsening as their major pet peeve(s).

It's probably our lack of religion that's ruining this society; bringing it into commercialization and fads and changing the overall way that people think from generation to generation. In years to come, the U.S. will be stupefied by technologies and increasing efforts towards liberal-based views will destroy any remaining social etiquette.

At least when people centuries ago believed in God, maintained conservative-style views, and people actually were well-mannered, the society was able to progress a lot better. (Notice I said society and not technological advances to give society more leisure.)

I'm not trying to induce an argument about Conservative vs. Liberal inclination, because I could care less about believing in one completely. Everybody should maintain their own opinions, but I'm merely generalizing a speculation that contrasts two different time periods.

Entense Supporter
    Originally posted by GreekPathetique
    I notice a lot of people gripe about society increasingly worsening as their major pet peeve(s).

It's probably our lack of religion that's ruining this society; bringing it into commercialization and fads and changing the overall way that people think from generation to generation. In years to come, the U.S. will be stupefied by technologies and increasing efforts towards liberal-based views will destroy any remaining social etiquette.

At least when people centuries ago believed in God, maintained conservative-style views, and people actually were well-mannered, the society was able to progress a lot better. (Notice I said society and not technological advances to give society more leisure.)

I'm not trying to induce an argument about Conservative vs. Liberal inclination, because I could care less about believing in one completely. Everybody should maintain their own opinions, but I'm merely generalizing a speculation that contrasts two different time periods.
    Religion is much, much worse for society than lack thereof.

Originally posted by Schnelly
    Religion is much, much worse for society than lack thereof.
    It's just another debate, but I figure that we need a method of "containment" to help our social lifestyle.

Eh, fuck it. I'll move to Europe eventually...

I'm starting to post

We are not blaming other shit or analyzing the pet peeve...Revert to #8 of my pet peeves.
    R.I.P. King

Originally posted by nu nobo
    i hate it when you spend a few years in college getting a degree and then you realize that the real world is not nearly as exciting and awesome as it is made out to be in movies and books. college ftw, everything else ftl
    what kind of books are you reading?

pretty much everything i've read has said the opposite, real life is pretty dull compared to college.

Originally posted by bobjones
    what kind of books are you reading?

pretty much everything i've read has said the opposite, real life is pretty dull compared to college.
    i think you need to reread what he said

Pimpin Member

At least when people centuries ago believed in God, maintained conservative-style views, and people actually were well-mannered, the society was able to progress a lot better. (Notice I said society and not technological advances to give society more leisure.)Everybody should maintain their own opinions, but I'm merely generalizing a speculation that contrasts two different time periods.
    society has not developed really at all in the past several thousand years. we're basically no different now than back in the time of the ancient greeks. human beings, regardless of being conservative god-fearing or liberal and apathetic, are resistant to changing the very fabric of what our society has taught us since our births. we are flawed primates, and not believing in god will change that.

but as far as the little changes we can make in our society, liberal thinking people are more keen to bring about radical ideas that can better how we live, as opposed to conservatives who want to live in the comfort of past ways

canon club 400D and efs 17-85mm 1:4-5.6 IS, ef 50mm f/1.8, ef 50-200mm f/3.5-4.5 L

Originally posted by Stanton
    motherfuckers who constantly keep a bluetooth in their ear regardless of whether or not they're talking on the phone
    omgg i hate that. especially people who look like they'd be unlikely to NEED It.. like you see the average (or below average) joe blow walking around in his final fantasy t shirt with that stupid shit clipped to his ear. like, seriously.

and anyone who drives EXACTLY the speed limit.... AND those who drive under the speed limit... like, have ya ever noticed the sign says 60km, ya fool? not 50.... cmon. im in a hurry here. oh and people who box you in... the sign says 60, and yet TWO PEOPLE insist on going 50 (happened today argh).

people who dont call you back when they say they will.

anyone who can't stand silence for a few minutes.
    it's nice to hear nothing sometimes.

oh! and customers who go to the OPPOSITE till that im using... im clearly standing at ONE till... why not go to the ONE THAT IM AT? Instead of walkign to the other one. I try to make them come to be by going "can you come to this till?" or "oh, im over here..." but sometimes i think these people are deaf.

people who let their children run wild. seriously, pay attention to your child. when your kid asks you a question, dont ignore them!! ANSWER THEM... and dont let your 3 year old push your 8 month old in a stroller... hello? um, t hat seems dangerous.

anyone without manners...
    the other day this dumbass whistled at his wife...child ? i dunno, to get their attention ACROSS a mall food court.
    seriously... dont breed. learn some manners.. there are classier ways to get someone's attention. whistling at them like a dog is not one of them.
    :ahh:

Entensity Vet
    Originally posted by Stanton
    motherfuckers who constantly keep a bluetooth in their ear regardless of whether or not they're talking on the phone
    i think g4 defined that best as a "bluetool"

but i hate:
    1) not knowing what time it is
    2) when people mess up adjectives vs. adverbs (good vs. well, quick vs. quickly)
    3) really annoying drunk girls who can't contain themselves and insist on dancing on tables/bars/any attention-getting place like an inebriated idiot and screaming words to songs that they LOVE OMG LYKE SOOOO MUCH!!

that's it for now.

Originally posted by orange
    I really hate this thread. I don't know why I keep coming back. I think I'd make a good domestic abuse victim.

I have lots of Seniority TheYatesMachine's Avatar
    1) K^2 not being naked
    2) Not waking up next to K^2
    3) Not power-orgasming at least three times when masturbating to K^2

having to deal with people's seeming willing idiocy to most things, and then having to not explode at them when they do something stupid

uber religioius people, i dont mind if you beleive, just dont try to get me to beleive, i frankly dont care

did i mention people do do stupid shit and think they are righteous for it? ya that, like when stoners try to talk down to me, that makes me laugh
    Minecraft Crew

Entensity Vet
    Originally posted by TheYatesMachine
    3) Not power-orgasming at least three times when masturbating to K^2
    yeah, regular orgasms suck

YATESY POO, I MISS YOU

I really hate this thread. I don't know why I keep coming back. I think I'd make a good domestic abuse victim.

I have lots of Seniority generic's Avatar
    definitely bad parents. they are the source of 90% of these goddamned pet peeves and i have to deal with their worthless kids at work. fuck them.

and the you're/your thing really gets me too. it's a guaranteed way to make me write you off as a complete idiot if you haven't learned to distinguish between two words.

Entensity Vet
    Originally posted by generic
    and the you're/your thing really gets me too. it's a guaranteed way to make me write you off as a complete idiot if you haven't learned to distinguish between two words.
    YES
    and too/to, their/there/they're, its/it's

C'MON PEOPLE, IT'S NOT THAT DIFFICULT

i have very little tolerance for stupidity

I have lots of Seniority generic's Avatar
    Now, the it's/its one is the most fiendish of them and obviously the most confusing for people because I see it in print and in computer applications all the time.

I also see the use of apostrophes to mark plurals. One of the library employees was doing it and I was just thinking "wtf you're supposed to be spreading literacy"

Somewhat Poster
    Originally posted by Cyto
    The kinda friend that you'll go out of your way for to get things; and then by the time you get all the coke, weed, and alcohol that your friend gave you the money to purchase, he falls asleep.

or when your friends have you get booze/drugs for them because "no one else can get it for tonight" but don't realize that you don't always feel like covering them for $100 for their cheap half gallons. or when you get it for them and then they decide they're not gonna party anymore and you're stuck with their cheap half-gallons.