User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My galant build. (56kgoaway)

I was told to run my BOV off of one of the throttle body nipples...Ill move it to the other and see what happens.
    It sounds like something up front is hissing, so I wonder if it IS open..I have only driven it about 3 miles..and when I got home it was too late to start digging around.

I know I have a substantial leak right at the throttle body-manifold gasket, and going by the shitty welder I was using when I built my intercooler, those joints probably leak too...I pressurized it, but I didnt soap anything up..

Pictures:

I might post a video later.
    i like boobs.

The Fucking King! PrincessArnage's Avatar
    Yeah, don't run it off the throttle body nipple. That is most likely your problem, exactly what I had.
    he would kiss me and touch me and make me play with him he told me what we were doing wasnt wrong because he was my dad

Finally a video!

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=35212869

(you may remember this driveway from the "sideways car" or my mazdead thread.)

The squeeking is a light brake issue in the front left, Im sure my slides are all junk. I plan on taking em out and lubin em up tomorrow..I would just get new calipers but I plan on using vr4 4pots when I do swap em.

The o2 dump is pretty annoying right now, but the car is running at 7psi (running right around stock boost on the eIII 16g til its broken in) so once I have it up in the 20psi range it will probably be tollerable.

I just got my tein s-techs and my tein pillowball mounts so I can manage my positive camber

Next its getting rid of the problematic ABS. Its giving me a lot of braking issues. I think I killed the sensor bashing my rotor with a huge sledge hammer, the torch probably didnt help either.

It idles around 1700 most of the time, I think I have a shit FIAV. I have a ton of extra t-body's, so Im rebuilding one currently with NO isc or fiav.

All in all, Im pretty happy. The car is totally driveable, pulls really well, only has a slight oil leak(need to take everything apart again to retorque anyways), only minor driveabillity problems, and shit, the A/C even works.
    i like boobs.

Grand-High Poster
    nice dude, I'm lovin your car

Run your BOV on it's own vacuum source with no T'ing off. That's what my prob was.

Originally posted by 05m0515
    Run your BOV on it's own vacuum source with no T'ing off. That's what my prob was.
    Yeah, I had it off a nipple on the throttle body like everyone else does, but for some reason it wasnt working properly.. I actually have it t-d with my boost gauge, and it seems to be working. I dont think the ssqv really likes 7psi though..If Im not wot and hitting full boost it flutters..I suppose that could be because its t'd into a 1/2 inch wide 6 foot long hose..
    Im not really worried about ruining a measily 16g though...Im probably going bigger after this turbo, depending on what I end up doing with the car..a 16g is a perfect autox turbo if you actually want something to spool.

I thought you werent running a bov?

Originally posted by h4ppydaze
    nice dude, I'm lovin your car
    Atleast somebody is

Once its broken in, paint is the next step..I have idea's on what I want to do..
    The body is in really solid condition. The leading edge of the hood is rusty, but thats about it. I have an extra good. Buuuut, its FULL of dings..like, a rediculous amount. I have no idea how the PO managed all of that. Im sure it got a little beat up by my buddies negligent brother when he was banging things into it out at the shop...not to mention he put an exhaust system on the roof and put huge dents in it.

i like boobs.

Originally posted by pachood
    Yeah, I had it off a nipple on the throttle body like everyone else does, but for some reason it wasnt working properly.. I actually have it t-d with my boost gauge, and it seems to be working. I dont think the ssqv really likes 7psi though..If Im not wot and hitting full boost it flutters..I suppose that could be because its t'd into a 1/2 inch wide 6 foot long hose..
    Im not really worried about ruining a measily 16g though...Im probably going bigger after this turbo, depending on what I end up doing with the car..a 16g is a perfect autox turbo if you actually want something to spool.

I thought you werent running a bov?

Give it a shot and run it to it's own source, it only takes a second. And I threw on a BOV when I did my motor build because with no BOV it was loud as hell and I was getting alot of "unwanted" attention. Also, if it's a piston type BOV take it off and lube the shit out of it.

Bad-ass Member
    I've got a non running VR-4. I suck with cars though... It sparks, it turns over, but no fire. Need to check fuel. I am NOT up with DSM. Just happened to get the car for a steal. has 110k on it and mint leather interior.
    Can I get a FUCK YOU!

Most of these cars have mint interiors..for some reason. They just held up well.
    There are alot of things that could be wrong with your car. Check your timing belt to make sure its even there, then check your fuel..are your spark plugs wet after cranking?

If you suck with cars, I suggest posting over at at galantvr4.org..maybe even posting it up for sale.

These cars are non stop messing around..and if you dont know cars, your going to have a handful.

I just saw your name in a thread TODAY where people were laughing at it..Im really surprised your here.

You must have an account on galantvr4.org because "iceman" has your badge number. 1663/2000

And this isnt a dsm just happens to share the motor. These were actually made in japan, not at the "diamond star motors" plant.

Link to said thread:
    http://www.galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/...page=0&fpart=1
    i like boobs.

I'm starting to post
    Nice VR. I owned a DSM and it took me 15 grand and three years to get it as a decent DD over the 400hp mark. That was the most unreliable car I have ever owned and I doubt I'll ever buy another DSM again.

I dont know if anyone is interested, but heres a little update:

Car is still nestled on jack stands in the gayrage..

I had a pretty bad oil leak coming from my oil pump pulley, it leaked all over my timing belt so I had to redo it..

While it was down I decided to throw in some cams, revised 3mm lifters, coilovers, short shifter, strut bars, and some other goodies..

I havent been too busy but its been getting done..My lifters should be here this week, then its onto throwing in the cams, lifters, and adjustable cam gears, resetting my timing/reinstalling belt, and let it rip. I plan on being back on the road within 2 weeks of all of my parts arriving..but I'v said that before.

Torn down:

Tein SS

BC 272's

Stock height

New height..Hopefully this is better then the other..And yes, keeping it OG with the accordion

Sportin some taggage..

More info to come...Im beefing things in as best as I can do with my budget..Next I move onto more fuel/pump/afpr/lines/etc.., SS brake lines, new CF hood and CF trunk, and complete paint..it needs it.
    i like boobs.

Somewhat Poster
    I can't wait till you get everything in order. I really want to see this thing at full throttle.
    Dale Broder.

Make sure to degree those BC cams. BC cams for the SR are off 11-14* on the exhaust side always.

Yeah I will..I have fidanza adjustable gears for them. Im not sure if these are off or not.

And I know BC's arent the greatest..But they were in my budget and this is NOT going to see the abuse that it would take to make them fail..Im not going to be revving it anywhere near their limits until I build my other head..
    I got them for 411 (used to be 325 for both, but I BELIEVE they made changes..)
    i like boobs.

Casserole with an Asshole aenimav's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    looks good

i was cleaning up the stickies and decided to sticky this. also de-stickied my build thread.. putting my 240sx project away for the winter so my good 240 can get the garage space for storage.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

I plan on taking pictures, and video for the entirety of the build, which is never ending. I just decided to quote myself, and copy everything over to my eau claire sports car club forum, so thats more initiative to keep this going...I now have a HUGE box of 'exam gloves' so I can proceed to use my new canon digi w/o worry.
    i like boobs.

Well, my leak isnt fixed as I thought it should have been..Theres nothing left for me to do, I replaced the seal, and I rtv'd the nut, but Im still getting a light sling..I re-rtv'd it today (even though I have never heard of doing so) and we will see how it worked thisweek some time..

Anyways, some new stuff:

New lifters

Bleedin them shits

New toplines on left, OEM (or possible second revision) on the right

Cams out, lifters out

OE cams

Cams in, and luuuuubed

And just to keep an eye on those adjustable gears, a ZAKLEE upper timing cover

Heres a video of the idle with the cams

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=44446433
    i like boobs.

Its back on its feet..

With the new suspenders:

Too much camber in the rear..

I began making my gauge bezel work, a bit of cutting, hacking, and glue
    (Ill get an in car shot when I stick my safc in the open hole. Yes, the cd player is old, but I would rather listen to the engine then anything else)

Cam gears chillin at 0* until I get it on a dyno

Thats it for now..I will get some light driving video this week some time if I have a chance
    i like boobs.

Entense Supporter
    Are you using this as your daily driver or do you ahve something else? The car is looking like its getting there but i really think its mad ugly. Bay looks pretty nice though. Like the clear cover on the cam gears. Never saw that before.

Quote Originally Posted by ernieball View Post
    Are you using this as your daily driver or do you ahve something else? The car is looking like its getting there but i really think its mad ugly. Bay looks pretty nice though. Like the clear cover on the cam gears. Never saw that before.
    Not a daily driver.

And these cars ARE ugly, thats one of the great things about it. They are sleepers.
    A nice set of wheels and some paint will do good things, but its not getting a face lift or anything, no body kit, no wing, nothing goofy.

And my bay is still filthy, I have alot of work to do under there, the time has just not come yet...Motor is sorta clean, but everything else needs alot of attention. Im still regretting not doing it when I had the motor and trans out of the way
    i like boobs.