User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My galant build. (56kgoaway)

272s = sweet

Are you tuning with DSM Link?

BTW, because I come from a small town, anything with the 4G63T is considered a DSM.

Where did my first post go?

I am running a keydiver ((dsmchips.com)chip tuned to my specifications for now. Once its broken in and I raise the boost I will be adding an safc2 for fine tuning. Next season I plan on going dsmlink.
    i like boobs.

^^yeah i really wanted to see the starting post.. either way looks like a sick build, DSMlink is definitely the way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Toaste View Post
    ^^yeah i really wanted to see the starting post.. either way looks like a sick build, DSMlink is definitely the way to go!
    I sent a PM to aenimav and he said it probably got removed when the site went to vb3 due to length. We are going to get the rest back soon.
    i like boobs.

Casserole with an Asshole aenimav's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    should all be there now

New Bitch
    Nice project you have there. I have a 91 (#1028/2000) that I'm slowly working on (FC RX7 is getting a lot more attention right now).

Have you switched up any of the drivetrain yet? I swapped out for a limited slip rear from an eclipse. I had to eliminate the 4WS, but it leaked horribly anyway. At some point I will put it all back together and swap the differential case. That will get done the same time I swap a 4-bolt rear, and 5 bolt hubs/brakes. Keep up the good work though, those cars are a lot of fun and get very little unwanted attention.

Quote Originally Posted by rkturbo View Post
    Nice project you have there. I have a 91 (#1028/2000) that I'm slowly working on (FC RX7 is getting a lot more attention right now).

Have you switched up any of the drivetrain yet? I swapped out for a limited slip rear from an eclipse. I had to eliminate the 4WS, but it leaked horribly anyway. At some point I will put it all back together and swap the differential case. That will get done the same time I swap a 4-bolt rear, and 5 bolt hubs/brakes. Keep up the good work though, those cars are a lot of fun and get very little unwanted attention.
    Everything is stock for now. I found a donor car with an lsd, but it wound up being a 3 bolt, and from what I understand you want the 4 bolt rear...I figure that will be one of those things I will do this winter since it doesnt need the extra strength/grip right now..I wont launch it this year anyways..But I have 2 sets of 5x114.3 wheels that would look really good on the car, so that is persuasion to go 5 lug, but I just put all new wheel bearings and rotors on the car, so its going to be kind of a dissapointment to lose all of that stuff, since I have like $450, and a fair amount of time into it.

Luckily my 4ws isnt leaking yet..

so far all I'v found is the car handles pretty decent for having a mediocre suspension setup...I dont have the whiteline sway bars yet, but those will be in line for next season for sure.

And I have had a few "oh shit" moments when passing cops, but they dont even turn the cheek to the car..I plan on lifting it up a little bit (its pretty much slammed, my bend in my exhaust where it crosses the pumpkin might have 1.5-2 inches of clearance) and that will probably gain even less attention. Also, I will be putting a resonator somewhere in the exhaust to keep it a little cleaner, and quieter. My neighbors probably dont like my lumpy bass filled idle at 7am every morning while I let it warm up.
    i like boobs.

New Bitch
    The 92+ eclipses all had the 4-bolt lsd, you have to watch talons and lasers because Chrysler skimped randomly to cut costs. The main reason for that is the larger diameter axels and the greater surface area on the axle cups. Make sure your carrier bearing bushing is good too, I had this go out on me while racing a Camaro up a hill and it . did a number on the differential As far as brakes go, you can go as far as using a setup from a 3000GT/Stealth, or 4-pistons from a Camaro with a bracket and possibly wheel spacers.

I had a 91 Talon TSi a few years ago and regretted ever getting rid of it, but atleast I got my TII RX7 out of the deal. I don't think I'll ever get rid of this car, I'm not sure if it's attachment or obsession, but I'm still glad to have it, even though it only runs about 1 week out of the month.

I know people on the galant board make brackets for both the camaro/gto/vette calipers, and the 3/S ones. Thats my plans for the future, but not needed right now..I have alot of bits before Im worried about that stuff.

And Im going to rebuild my driveshaft soon enough..I know you can order 3 of the recall kits at 33 dollars each instead of 1 u-joint at 70 something..My driveshaft doesnt make that much noise on decel, but I know it could use some work.

And I would love an rx7 in the future..I doubt the resale value will drop much on the FD's, but if I ever stumbled accross one I would be tempted.
    i like boobs.

new turbo

Its just a 20g. But Im also going o2 mounted TIAL wastegate. It might not be a good turbo for autox/street, so Im kind of afraid to redo my setup and get rid of the 16g.

Hoping to pick up a storage unit at my work as soon as I figure out a DD situation, then the body work will probably start. And when I say bodywork..Im saying the least. This thing has as many door dings as a golf ball has dimples.
    i like boobs.

The Fucking King! PrincessArnage's Avatar
    You can fit Porsche 996 brakes also, if I recall correctly.
    he would kiss me and touch me and make me play with him he told me what we were doing wasnt wrong because he was my dad

Im probably going 3000gt/stealth brakes when I go 5 lug..Otherwise a v8 chevy kit..Camaro, gto, corvette, etc.
    i like boobs.

No progress on the car lately. My oil pump is leaking again, also, my gas tank/filler neck is leaking. I tried ordering a new one, but thats NLA...so I need to source one. This is the reason progress stopped. I cant run my propane torpedo heater with gas on the ground.
    Im not sure what Im going to do about my oil leak, but Im fairly disappointed I need to tear EVERYTHING off once again. In order to take the pump off I have to remove:

upper motor mount
    upper and lower timing covers
    all belts
    water pump pulleys
    crank pulley
    timing belt
    drivers side axle
    cross member
    drive shaft
    transfer case
    oil pan

and finally the oil pump/front cover..Im sure Im missing some stuff..
    also, due to the leak I need to replace the crank pulley, belts, gaskets, oil pump gear, timing belt, shockproof fluid (need to order ANOTHER 17 doller quart)

Only new part is my swaybar. 26mm Rear bar. I'v been told this is the best handeling mod for these cars. I will hopefully get a front bar before they are completely NLA.

fuckers burly.
    i like boobs.

Entense Supporter
    NLA = No longer available, yes?

Oh, whoops. Yeah it does. I guess Im used to the galant board. Pretty much everything is going extinct for these cars so its common terminology.
    i like boobs.

Back to it. Time to get spoolin.

Last edited by pachood; 4/22/2010 at 4:18 pm.
    i like boobs.

Dodododo you have it?

GUTS

Putting the new balance shaft elim kit together tonight, wait til the glue sets, then hopefully get it back together to the point where Im just waiting on parts by next week.
    i like boobs.

Entense Supporter
    What wheels/specs are those?
    smoke rocks

Haha..Im surprised you couldnt spot one of the cheapest, over used low offset wheels on the market.

They are sportmaxx/xxr 513 I think. 15x8 et +15. Most sportmaxxes are 15x8 +0, and way over used.

I got these for so cheap, I am going to use them for beater wheels on the miata/galant. I think I paid 250 for all 4, still in unopened boxes. they are 4x100/114.3.

I have a strong feeling they will look decent, and sit prettyflush on the G.
    i like boobs.

Grand-High Poster
    I agree, I think those will look good.