User Tag List

Page 2 of 142 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Cops (EF's Official Cop/Law Advice Thread)

Originally posted by JuliusCaesar
    good point, mods move to General then

back when i was 15 and working @ subway we would give cops 25% off so that they would come by often. the store isn't going to get robbed if there is a cop car in the parking lot. do they do shit like that down in the US?

Yeah we get free drinks and discounts eating for the exact same reasons.

Originally posted by taxz
    here they wont let you be a cop if youve done weed or any other drugs in the last 10 years or more
    Wow, that's a bunch of bullshit. I can see maybe a year, two even. 10's a little much
    [insert sig here]

Entense Supporter
    so do you feel the need to bust people who arent sellilng but maybe just have a little bud on them?

and why the fuck is it a problem that i get high jeeze.

Originally posted by taxz
    so do you feel the need to bust people who arent sellilng but maybe just have a little bud on them?

and why the fuck is it a problem that i get high jeeze.

I usually don't bother the smokers too much. If I catch it rolling down the road, and you got less than a half ounce, i'll usually let you dump it and go on. Unless you say stupid shit.

Until they legalize it, it's illegal. My jobs not to make the laws...it's to enforce them. I don't see to much of a problem with smoking weed in your own home. Just my opinion.
    [insert sig here]

Grand-High Poster
    I may have more questions later, but my first is how old are you? I think the attitudes of cops are very dependent on their age so I'm trying to figure out whether or not you fit my mental image.

btw, awesome thread, very insightful

edit: here's a question. do cops smoke weed? or are you regularly drug tested?

Originally posted by deepfried
    Have you ever abused your power?

Pimpin Member
    I got a question for you, when you ask to look in someones back pack do they have a right to say no? and if so what can you do once they say no/ can you get charged with an unlawful search under unreasonable grounds

Someone posts A LOT JuliusCaesar's Avatar
    If the cops have a warrant to search my house but I'm not home can they still enter? do I have the right to be there during the search?

play this - or This - iSketch - Wii : 6165 5231 7686 9430 - SSB:B : 2535 3291 5282

good point, mods move to General then

back when i was 15 and working @ subway we would give cops 25% off so that they would come by often. the store isn't going to get robbed if there is a cop car in the parking lot. do they do shit like that down in the US?
    you going to say what else you did at Subway or are we going to forget about that?

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish" - Albert Einstein

Ok, this one's a little basic, but I've never known. What are all the ways you can tell if a person's speeding? (Lemme break it down)

I know the obvious one about the radar gun from a parked car... but...

-Can a cop in a moving car following you accurately tell your speed with a radar gun? Do they use other measures? What would you recommend a driver do once he notices a cop suddenly following him?
    -Is a cop going the opposite direction able to catch someone for speeding in the other lane? On a two lane road? How about on a divided highway or interstate?
    -Anything else you think we should know about to make your jobs/our lives easier?

I know these might be common knowledge, but I've never gotten definitive answers.

AddictedToSlurm S. Scruffington's Avatar
    How lax is your department as far as priors for drug use? Obviously you smoked weed and became a cop, but im just curious as to how the random department, on average, uses past drug use against an applicant.

Am I allowed to respond in this thread?

Someone posts A LOT
    Originally posted by Irishhammer
    no stay away, we dont need a cop tag team

jk, but i feel like theres enough threads on ef about cops and tickets

Originally posted by trinic
    Would I let another cop go? Definately. I refuse to write cops, doctors, and nurses any kind of ticket if I can help it. Other cops may have to be called to help me, doc and nurses may have to fix me if someone fucks me up. I don't wanna piss a doc off with a ticket and then have to goto him with a bullet in my ass. I think like this (which may be fucked up, but oh well) Walmart employees get a 10% discount, this is a cops discount.

Nothing, age of consent in KY is 16. That means as longs as SHE don't care that your having sex with her, noone can say anything about it. Her parents may not like it, but it's not criminal.
    haha, my grandpa is a retired cop and anytime he opens up his wallet for a cop that pulled him over, you can clearly see his badge. He's never got a ticket in his life.

Someone told me they got a ticket for not switching to the left lane when a squad car is parked on the shoulder, idle on the highway.

Entensity Vet
    How easy is it to take stuff from the evidence room and not get caught?

Originally posted by syn
    I may have more questions later, but my first is how old are you? I think the attitudes of cops are very dependent on their age so I'm trying to figure out whether or not you fit my mental image.

btw, awesome thread, very insightful

edit: here's a question. do cops smoke weed? or are you regularly drug tested?

I've been drug tested twice. once when I got hired and once when I wrecked a car. Alot of departments do it more. I don't know of any that smoke weed. I'm 28.

Originally posted by deadbolt
    I got a question for you, when you ask to look in someones back pack do they have a right to say no? and if so what can you do once they say no/ can you get charged with an unlawful search under unreasonable grounds
    You have every right to refuse. If i wanna look in your car, and you say no, The only other ways I can are with a search warrant, or a drug dog alerts on it. You won't be able to get a SW with no probable cause, and if there's no dog around then i'm shit outta luck.

If the cops have a warrant to search my house but I'm not home can they still enter? do I have the right to be there during the search?
    Yeah they can go in.

Originally posted by Jazz_Man
    Ok, this one's a little basic, but I've never known. What are all the ways you can tell if a person's speeding? (Lemme break it down)

I know the obvious one about the radar gun from a parked car... but...

-Can a cop in a moving car following you accurately tell your speed with a radar gun? Do they use other measures? What would you recommend a driver do once he notices a cop suddenly following him?
    -Is a cop going the opposite direction able to catch someone for speeding in the other lane? On a two lane road? How about on a divided highway or interstate?
    -Anything else you think we should know about to make your jobs/our lives easier?

I know these might be common knowledge, but I've never gotten definitive answers.
    Good Question. I know some troopers that set thier cruise at 65, and if a car passes them, they write them a ticket. A moving radar is able to pick up any car coming at, or going away from a cop. Stationary radar can pick you up if the cop can point it at you. If a cop is behind you, move outta his way if possible, he probably just wants to pass you. Another little tip. Radar detectors are a waste of money. By the time your radar detector goes off, My radar has your speed.

Originally posted by Irishhammer

Hell Yes, jump in.

Originally posted by andyvho
    Someone told me they got a ticket for not switching to the left lane when a squad car is parked on the shoulder, idle on the highway.
    Yeah, it's the move over law. Pisses cops off when a car leaves paint on our uniform b/c they wanna see how close they can get, or not paying attn.
    Originally posted by Newberry
    It wouldn't be easy. Everything is cataloged and waiting on cases.
    [insert sig here]

Entensity Vet
    Originally posted by Newberry

Originally posted by trinic

It wouldn't be easy. Everything is cataloged and waiting on cases.
    [insert sig here]

when i got a ticket a few weeks ago, the cop said i shouldnt have been in the left lane.

Great thread, nice to see all cops aren't assholes. Keep the questions coming, I can't really think of any to ask off the top of my head.