User Tag List

Page 5 of 142 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Cops (EF's Official Cop/Law Advice Thread)

I can say. Learn what you have to learn from the books and the tests, then forget it. The best officers come from those who pay attention on the streets. Give respect and you'll get respect.

Here, criminal law and Civil Process is a bitch, lot of studying and learning will get you everywhere.
    [insert sig here]

Entense Supporter
    Do you suggest continuing with my internship at the Don?

yeah for sure. Here we have auxillarys. They have first shot when we're ready to hire.
    [insert sig here]

Entense Supporter
    Originally posted by trinic
    yeah for sure. Here we have auxillarys. They have first shot when we're ready to hire.
    We've got those here too. I've been looking to get on, but they're not actively recruiting right now.

I've also got a few connection with court officers, etc that will be able to get me an internship. I'm thinking right now anything I do that will look good on my resume is a plus for me.

Pimpin Member
    Originally posted by Zook
    We've got those here too. I've been looking to get on, but they're not actively recruiting right now.

I've also got a few connection with court officers, etc that will be able to get me an internship. I'm thinking right now anything I do that will look good on my resume is a plus for me.
    Yeah sounds like you are on the right track, I was talking to the chief a few days ago and he said they also look at community involvement

Heres my only question for you. Ive been told that if you're going over a certain speed police aren't even suppose to pursue. Does this type of rule exist and if it does around what speed would that be? I only ask because a few years ago I went by a cop while doing 140+ mph and he didn't come after me, I pulled off at the next exit and drove the back roads for 25 miles or so before getting back on the highway. Yes I know it was dumb, no I haven't done anything like that since.

i'd like to know how often you have to deal with the judicial system, e.g. be a witness in traffic court and stuff like that. is it a substantial chunk of your time?

yes it is. I'm in court about twice a week for about 4 - 6 hours a week. Anytime someone contests a ticket or we make an arrest...we go. Gets old quick

Originally posted by coudos
    Heres my only question for you. Ive been told that if you're going over a certain speed police aren't even suppose to pursue. Does this type of rule exist and if it does around what speed would that be? I only ask because a few years ago I went by a cop while doing 140+ mph and he didn't come after me, I pulled off at the next exit and drove the back roads for 25 miles or so before getting back on the highway. Yes I know it was dumb, no I haven't done anything like that since.

It's up to the department. I wouldn't have turned around on you either. There's no way in hell for me to catch you going 140+ when my car shuts off at 136. may be different if I had a charger.
    [insert sig here]

It was an Impala, thanks.

Grand-High Poster
    If I'm on a road driving behind the cop and he's speeding but there's no other traffic, can he pull me over for speeding while going the same speed as him? Is that considered entrapment?

Originally posted by syn
    If I'm on a road driving behind the cop and he's speeding but there's no other traffic, can he pull me over for speeding while going the same speed as him? Is that considered entrapment?

Yes he can. No it's not entrapment. Entrapment is when he "sets you up to do something wrong"
    [insert sig here]

:run: Pandamonium :run:
    Entense Supporter
    Originally posted by spiegeL
    Well why was it taken away?

I'm very hesitant to flash my high beams if i want someone to move over because you never know their temper. So I always do the next "safest" thing, tailgate and they usually just move over. If you did that in the southern states, it wouldn't do anything. The drivers are totally oblivious to anything. I feel a lot more safer driving in the hectic and fast paced northern states than in the slow oblivious-driver southern states.
    I feel like I say this a lot on these forums but... you've never taken a drive in Texas have you?

I have lots of Seniority spigel's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Originally posted by SgtNeo
    I feel like I say this a lot on these forums but... you've never taken a drive in Texas have you?
    no why?

when i say southern states, i mean the east coast. From Florida all the way to Virginia/Penn, the drivers are just like what I was describing.

RIP Алексей Черепанов

BANNED
    Originally posted by spiegeL
    no why?

when i say southern states, i mean the east coast. From Florida all the way to Virginia/Penn, the drivers are just like what I was describing.
    people drive like maniacs in texas

Elite Member
    Does your mood ever effect your job. Like, if you are feeling really pissy do you pull someone over, like a minor if they are out past curfew, or bust someone on something you usually let slide by?

Oh, and can you arrest someone if they start shit talking you?

yeah mood affects the job constantly. If i'm tired...i don't do shit...etc.

Depends on the circumstances. They can talk shit to a point. When I have enough, I'll tell them to be quiet. If they keep going then I'll hook em up
    [insert sig here]

This might not be your field but going to ask anyone.

Was on break at my old job outside on the pinic tables. I watched an ambulance waiting to cross a 4 lane. After a few mins of afternoon traffic, they flashed on thier lights zoomed across and pulled into Dairy Queen and proceed'd to go in casually.

Cut them some slack or abuse of power much?

*Also*

Is it legal to speed as a cop, hopefully to get to a scene, without thier lights on? Also seen this before.

No, I get along with our medics. If i seen our medics do this, I'd write the driver for running the red light. That IS an abuse of power.

We run alot with no lights or siren. Calls that you don't want them to hear/see you coming as quick. We're not allowed to run with just one or the other. Like a prowler call. No siren b/c you want to catch him. If you let him know your coming..there's no chance. I'm guilty of busting red lights and turning my lights right back off...but it's on the way to a call that i'm in a hurry, but not lights and siren hurry. Never did it to eat
    [insert sig here]

Entensity Vet
    so as a 19-year-old decently attractive girl, what would be my best way of getting out of a ticket if i ever got pulled over? of course overtly hitting on the cop or crying hysterically would probably get a "shut up, bitch," but what attitude is best?

also:
    i heard this somewhere, and was wondering if it was true. can someone driving an undercover car pull someone over?

lastly:
    people are sketchy, and if i ever got pulled over at night by myself, i'd want to keep going until i reached a well-lit area. would a cop care about that?

Originally posted by orange
    I really hate this thread. I don't know why I keep coming back. I think I'd make a good domestic abuse victim.

2 questions:

-have you ever let a girl off a ticket for crying when you really should have ticketed her?

-generally what's the best thing I could say when you approach my window for speeding?