User Tag List

Page 1 of 142 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Cops (EF's Official Cop/Law Advice Thread)

Ask the Cops (EF's Official Cop/Law Advice Thread)

Mod note (do not remove this from this post):

Please realize that users are offering personal advice in here. You should always seek a lawyer for legal advice. Any discussions about legality, law obeyance or the like are given without promise or guarantee of effectivenes. By reading this thread, regardless if you posted the question, answered it, or read it; you release Entensity Forums, Opie, the mods, and any and all users from any liability whatsoever.

In short, if you kill yourself, go to jail, get busted for carrying a concealed weapon, or have any other complication up to an including death; no one on this forum, it's owners, or it's members can be held responsible.

In using this forum you accept responsibility for your own actions and any results.

Unless you are a cop, please do not pretend to be one in this thread. If you are a cop, please get in touch with one of the existing cops listed below and they will verify you as being a legitimate source of information.

• trinic
    • Irishhammer
    • DeathaKiss
    • TMG

Trolling in this thread will be dealt with severely.

If you have an honest question, let me know and i'll do my best to answer honestly. NO BULLSHIT from you and you'll get a NO BULLSHIT answer. The purpose of this thread is to inform a person seeking advice from cops.
    Last edited by Moo Strength; 4/27/2010 at 11:55 am.

BANNED
    Do you really have a speeding ticket quota? I have been pulled and not pulled for doing the exact same speed on the interstate. What's the deal? I had a friend tell me that y'all just sit there, and if there's nothing outrageous, you'll let it go, but when your shift's over, or it's time to move, you'll pull the next speeder that goes by.

Entense Supporter
    i got pulled over last summer for not having my blinker on long enough when i changed lanes, this lead to the cop coming up to the window and eventually to me taking a sobriety test on the side of the road, all because I was smoking a swisher when he pulled me over. he said the reason was because "people smoke those to cover the smell of marijuana", which I'm sure they do. however, I had not smoked that night and I also happen to enjoy a swisher from time to time. is that reason enough to make someone submit to a sobriety test or was this cop just being a bored fucking douche?

Quota's are illegal. In other words they can't fire you for not writing tickets, but they can make your life hell. You can goto 3rd shift and do building checks and shit like that.

There are grants for certain highways that require you have a certain number of "contacts" per hour. The catch is, they are paying you overtime to work the grants. So, if we work 4 hour blocks at 30 an hour (overtime rate) then they want you to write tickets to get the money back or the next round, you won't get the grant.

So even though quota's are illegal, they have thier little ways around it.

When i'm running radar, i give 15 over. And then, depending on the attitude of the driver, i then decide if i'm going to write the ticket or not. For instance, if you argue with me about how fast your going, i'll write it and let the judge figure out who was wrong. And some excuses actually work. Such as... "My wife's getting pregnant tonight, and I wanna be there" gets you outta tickets. Some cops are indeed dicks and it doesn't matter what you say or how you act, you'll probably get a ticket anyway.

Originally posted by Knoxville
    i got pulled over last summer for not having my blinker on long enough when i changed lanes, this lead to the cop coming up to the window and eventually to me taking a sobriety test on the side of the road, all because I was smoking a swisher when he pulled me over. he said the reason was because "people smoke those to cover the smell of marijuana", which I'm sure they do. however, I had not smoked that night and I also happen to enjoy a swisher from time to time. is that reason enough to make someone submit to a sobriety test or was this cop just being a bored fucking douche?

he was being a douche. Sounds like a bullshit reason for a stop also.

Here, it's not illegal to smoke weed, it's illegal to possess it. So someone can tell me they smoked last night and i can't do shit to em.
    [insert sig here]

BANNED
    What about the car someone is driving? You said you give 15 over, but say a minivan went by going 16 over, vs. a riced out Civic went by going 14 over. Would you be more inclined to pull one or the other?

Depends on what i'm looking for. When people go by we look for "indicators". Things like the guilty look, where you can see the person looking out the side of thier eye at you. The hands on the wheel at 10/2, trying so hard not to fuck up, or the front of the car to dip down by hitting the brakes is all alot more noticable than you may think.

However, if I was hunting a large load of dope, I'd probably stop the van before the civic, if I was looking to make a small dope case, I'd turn towards the civic. On the same note, if grandma is driving the van, and a young guy is driving the civic, i'd hit the civic up. Simply because, the mere fact that the police are around, will shock grandma enough where she might slow down. The young guy will see that he has gotten away and try to push the speed up a bit.

If i'm just looking for speeders, I'd stop the van.
    [insert sig here]

Entense Supporter
    did you play football in high school?

and did you fail at any other professions before deciding on this one or directly out of highschool?

please answer im dead serious the background of cops interests me more than anything else.

Originally posted by taxz
    did you play football in high school?

and did you fail at any other professions before deciding on this one or directly out of highschool?

please answer im dead serious the background of cops interests me more than anything else.
    I was the typical teen. I played baseball for a while, I then started skateboarding, smoking acres of weed, worked at the neighborhood grocery store, shit like that...

When I was 19, I joined the marines and choose military police, did that for 4 years, got out, and have been civilian policing ever since. Haven't really tried much more. I own my own signshop/screenprinting business on the side though.
    [insert sig here]

I live in South East MO and I "heard" least that it was illegal to pull someone over just for tint.

However coming home few mths ago bout 1 am ish in the morning I got pulled over and given a ticket for to dark of a tint. Think they changed the law to 35% and I had bout 6%.

Anyway, wasnt speeding, had speedbelt, no warrants, nothing out of the org., but since I live in a decently small town I noticed the cop wasnt familar and had to be new.

So douche, or no douche?

We can pull someone over here for tint alone. MO and AL tint laws are the same, you have to have 35%.

I don't have a tint meter so I don't bother, most likely though he wanted to look a little closer at you. Was it late at night, or in a fucked up neighborhood?

May have been all he could find to stop you.
    [insert sig here]

my girlfreind is 16 (i know i'm drunk rght now but idgaf) honestly, what's the waorst that could happen if i got caught making out with her?

Someone posts A LOT JuliusCaesar's Avatar
    why is it that your an 06 and still a new bitch?

I know the laws are different everywhere but is it illegal to have neon undercarriage lights on your car?

play this - or This - iSketch - Wii : 6165 5231 7686 9430 - SSB:B : 2535 3291 5282

Originally posted by DruMasta87
    my girlfreind is 16 (i know i'm drunk rght now but idgaf) honestly, what's the waorst that could happen if i got caught making out with her?

Nothing. 16's legal age there. Here's a chart broke down by state...

http://www.coolnurse.com/consent.htm

Originally posted by JuliusCaesar
    why is it that your an 06 and still a new bitch?

I know the laws are different everywhere but is it illegal to have neon undercarriage lights on your car?

I've been on the main page. Didn't really pay much attn to the forums. Now that i've started reading them, it's probably some of the best shit i've ever read. funny as fuck.

Our laws on undercarriage lights are:

No red, or blue...and no lights forward of the driver.

It says something about the distance but i don't remember. The laws are there but noone's really sure of them. One cop may stop you and write you a ticket, another may say there legal. I don't bother with them, my nephew has them on his car.
    [insert sig here]

Have you ever abused your power? If you pull over another cop, are you extremely inclined to let them go? What's the most you'd let another cop get away with?

this isn't much of a shit talk, this should/probably will be moved to VH soon.

play this - or This - iSketch - Wii : 6165 5231 7686 9430 - SSB:B : 2535 3291 5282

what could happen if I had sex with her?

Originally posted by deepfried
    Have you ever abused your power? If you pull over another cop, are you extremely inclined to let them go? What's the most you'd let another cop get away with?
    Would I let another cop go? Definately. I refuse to write cops, doctors, and nurses any kind of ticket if I can help it. Other cops may have to be called to help me, doc and nurses may have to fix me if someone fucks me up. I don't wanna piss a doc off with a ticket and then have to goto him with a bullet in my ass. I think like this (which may be fucked up, but oh well) Walmart employees get a 10% discount, this is a cops discount.

Originally posted by DruMasta87
    what could happen if I had sex with her?

Nothing, age of consent in KY is 16. That means as longs as SHE don't care that your having sex with her, noone can say anything about it. Her parents may not like it, but it's not criminal.
    [insert sig here]

Originally posted by JuliusCaesar
    this isn't much of a shit talk, this should/probably will be moved to VH soon.
    Ummm no.

This is actually a good thread, general yes.. VH, no.

Originally posted by deepfried
    Ummm no.

This is actually a good thread, general yes.. VH, no.
    good point, mods move to General then

back when i was 15 and working @ subway we would give cops 25% off so that they would come by often. the store isn't going to get robbed if there is a cop car in the parking lot. do they do shit like that down in the US?

Entense Supporter
    here they wont let you be a cop if youve done weed or any other drugs in the last 10 years or more