User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Official Cigar Discussion Thread

Entense Supporter
    Got my grubby hands on a Padilla Miami, Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro, and CAO LX2

New Xikar cutter too. I'll post pics once all that comes in.

Entense Supporter

There was originally 5 of each 5 Vegas, I got greedy and smoked them.

Cigars International? The golds are decent--not enough butter for me, though.

And I didn't even comment on the LX2, which is one of the best CAO cigars out there.

Entense Supporter
    No mention of the Padron

You already know it's the best cigar ever.

Quote Originally Posted by MechAnt View Post

There was originally 5 of each 5 Vegas, I got greedy and smoked them.
    I haven't tried the Vegas 5 yet. I smoked a cpl but out of the ones I smoked the Olivia G series was damn good. I will place an order for a cpl more of them.

Entense Supporter
    Need to bump this.

haaaaaaaaay i didnt know this thread existed

<3 my vegas golds

Elite Member
    i just got back from a deployment to "southwest asia"... managed to bring back a little more than 50 cubans. ranging from romeo y julietas, cohiba, montecristo, h. upmann, bolivar, punch, partagas.. and then a few cheaper ones like fonseca, jose l. piedras and guantanameras.
    Last edited by dvmgns; 8/07/2010 at 9:30 pm.
    [/nonsense]

Quote Originally Posted by dvmgns View Post
    i just got back from a deployment to "southwest asia"... managed to bring back a little more than 50 cubans. ranging from romeo y julietas, cohiba, montecristo, h. upmann, bolivar, punch, partagas.. and then a few cheaper ones like fonseca, jose l. piedras and guantanameras.
    Not saying that yours are, but that seems like the perfect place to sell fake cubans.

Quote Originally Posted by ten View Post
    Not saying that yours are, but that seems like the perfect place to sell fake cubans.
    There's a lot of truth to this. I must have visited 20 shops in the bahamas that were selling counterfeit cubans. They are very prevalent. I think there's some website that offers images of the real ones vs the fake ones that will allow you to see if you wasted your money or not. Or, if you're a real cigar guy you can smoke them and tell fairly quickly if they have that Cuban nuttiness.

Elite Member
    yeah this wasn't some shady open air market where you try to haggle the prices down... it was from a legit store inside one of the ridiculously extravagant malls in downtown doha (like a slightly smaller dubai). and i did my research before buying them to know what to look for on the cigar boxes, images of the cigars and whatnot. everything appeared to be solid. and i was deployed with several cigar enthusiasts that know their shit and they passed all their tests.
    [/nonsense]

Entense Supporter
    The bands are the most telltale spot to check for a fake. The Asian market is pretty large for cubans so there's a very good chance they are good especially from a reputable store.

For every legitimate cuban cigar...there are 9 fakes.

Also, Cuba hasn't had a decent crop since 1998. Quality has gone to shit, and for fucks sake...they have been importing tobacco from Honduras, DR, and Nicaragua for the past 5 years.

Don't buy into the hype. If you have the opportunity to smoke a true Cuban with at least 3 years of age on it...by all means enjoy. But there are far too many fantastic manufacturers, making far too many great products for everyone to suck the Cuban dick train.

There are cigars on the market today that contain Cuban leaf. This is known within industry, and not talked about a whole lot. There are loop holes to the embargo.

Now, smoked a Davidoff Diademas Finas today while at work...holy tits now that is a cigar!

Entense Supporter
    z0nar knows his shit!

Since the 90's boom in cigars, cuban cigars are really nothing all that special. Nicaraguan, Dominican, and Honduran tobacco is now world class. It's more about the name and the mystery surrounding the forbidden fruit that is cuban cigars.

These Padilla Miami's have always been a favorite of mine and getting this box at a great discount made me very happy

Quote Originally Posted by MechAnt View Post
    z0nar knows his shit!

Since the 90's boom in cigars, cuban cigars are really nothing all that special. Nicaraguan, Dominican, and Honduran tobacco is now world class. It's more about the name and the mystery surrounding the forbidden fruit that is cuban cigars.

These Padilla Miami's have always been a favorite of mine and getting this box at a great discount made me very happy
    Smoking cigars for the past 5 years, been in industry for the past 3.

There are some great cubans out there...but there are just so many more quality cigars out there to try than to get caught up in some elitist bullshit.

Padilla Miami is a great smoke, I will be honest that I am not near as crazy about the recent reblend as I was about the original. The Original 9/11 blend was something powerful, spicy, and truly extraordinary. The new blend is quite a bit tamer...something was lost in translation.

Don Pepin Garcia might as well have the Midas Touch when it comes to blending. He has his hand in half of the new blends out there for gods sake. Check out Tatuaje Havana VI (Red label) particuarly in the Alimentes or Hermosos sizes.

Medium in body, but packed with signature DPG spice.

A recent all star at the shop has been the Esteban Carreras 10 Anos. It has a beautiful 10 year wrapper with an 8 year binder and filler. Magnificent.

You can't go wrong with the Liga Privada #9's either...

Not to sound like a dick but I know my shit when it comes to cigars, I will be happy to answer any questions regarding anything cigar related in this thread.

I love cigars and the culture that surrounds them. Cigar people are the nicest fucking people on the planet. There are not many industries where everyone knows everyone else in the business, and you have opportunities to meet the proprietors of the cigar labels in an every day setting.

Entense Supporter
    I am a total whore for anything Don Pepin.

San Cristobal has been a favorite of mine. I'm also a fan of Oliva anything.

Check out the Oliva V lancero... fantastic example of a lancero.

We have them on blow-out for $3.50 a stick right now. Been buying the shit out of them.

Also, I found a box of Camacho Scorpions in the shop today...only 12000 sticks produced with 3000 released each year since 2007

Hit up z0nar since he's the cigar master, but haven't heard back from him.

I'm a cigar newbie that has been puffing on ACIDs but obviously knows there are better cigars out there - just don't know what direction to head in.

Someone make some suggestions - and also suggestions for affordable humidors that hold 5-15 cigars!

Thanks.