User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Cars?

Not a New Bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by h4ppydaze View Post
    snip
    22b's are hot. rode in one about 4 years ago at stpr rally. 1 of 3 in the country. not for sale though SOA owns it

i am all about realistic cars. yeah a veyron is cool to talk about, but realistically, i cant drive it to work everyday, expect it to run trouble free, and be a fun car to drive in the streets.

GT3, nsx, exige (would be loud but fun), mini cooper (yup, gay, but they handle), i am partial to my s4, but wish i would have bought an avant.

also all of these cars can be weekend track whores without doing a single thing to them besides pads and tires if you desire.

i also have a soft spot for FD's. took me a while to accept ls1 swaps cuz i love rotary, but it is almost too perfect not too do it.

Quote Originally Posted by crackerJack View Post
    Maserati's in general aren't the best cars, they are more of a status symbol. Much like a Ferrari.. than again Fiat owns both Maserati and Ferrari. The F1 transmissions in the Ferraris are the same transmissions that were in the Maseratis and they were so slow at shifting.
    UH I don't think you have your facts quite straight here. Maserati did have some problems with slow "paddle" shift style transmissions but that is largely solved now by most accounts especially with the Grand Turismo. The Ferrari F1 style transmission is largely regarded to be one of the fastest and best in the business with some insanly short shift times. Its a great trans for the track but they sometimes have problems on the street with people complaining they are somewhat slow at slow speeds. That being said I know the V2 of the Ferrari F1 is much better at this.

Somewhat Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmiller View Post
    UH I don't think you have your facts quite straight here. Maserati did have some problems with slow "paddle" shift style transmissions but that is largely solved now by most accounts especially with the Grand Turismo. The Ferrari F1 style transmission is largely regarded to be one of the fastest and best in the business with some insanly short shift times. Its a great trans for the track but they sometimes have problems on the street with people complaining they are somewhat slow at slow speeds. That being said I know the V2 of the Ferrari F1 is much better at this.
    The F360 F1 transmissions were SLOW! The 430 transmissions are the ones you are referring too. The GranTurismo just came out this year, so it has the new style Ferrari transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by eyez View Post
    GTR. so sick!
    [/IMG][/URL]
    Nah man, GTRs are like computers on wheels... no driver input, the car will fix all your fuckups for you. I like a car with wheels, engine, transmission, and a steering wheel.

Cosworth Focus

pretty sad that they discontinued this, the dbs looks more aggressive but more street than GT

Grand-High Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by audios View Post
    22b's are hot. rode in one about 4 years ago at stpr rally. 1 of 3 in the country. not for sale though SOA owns it

i am all about realistic cars. yeah a veyron is cool to talk about, but realistically, i cant drive it to work everyday, expect it to run trouble free, and be a fun car to drive in the streets.

GT3, nsx, exige (would be loud but fun), mini cooper (yup, gay, but they handle), i am partial to my s4, but wish i would have bought an avant.

also all of these cars can be weekend track whores without doing a single thing to them besides pads and tires if you desire.

i also have a soft spot for FD's. took me a while to accept ls1 swaps cuz i love rotary, but it is almost too perfect not too do it.
    lucky bastard!! haha. I heard the early nineties legacy turbo blocks (2.2) were the exact same blocks used on the 22b. I was trying SO HARD to get a 2.5rs to swap a legacy turbo block into with the 2.5RS intake manifolds. The 2.2 turbo in the legacy turbo actually has forged pistons STOCK. OMFGGGGG. I was trying to build a 22b clone, but alas it never happened. I got an A6 2.7 twin turbo 6MT instead and lightly modded that. But the 22b is still a dream of mine.

I used to like s4's. Don't get me wrong, they're sick... and I had a 2.7 twin turbo in my A6 so I know all about how awesome that powerplant is... but they're pretty bland for the money in a lot of respects.
    Last edited by Yolo Tamasi; 11/20/2008 at 3:28 pm.

Not a New Bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by h4ppydaze View Post
    but they're pretty bland for the money in a lot of respects.
    agreed. but i fell in love with mine before they were bland. had an s4 poster in college and i dont think i could ever sell mine. i just love it too much.

lamborghini gallardo

/drool

Somewhat Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by audios View Post
    agreed. but i fell in love with mine before they were bland. had an s4 poster in college and i dont think i could ever sell mine. i just love it too much.
    I'm guessing you have a B5 S4? I wish I still had my B5, I don't like my B6 as much as my B5 even though my B5 was tiptronic. The car was so much better at handling and I even feel that it launched better than the V8. I too think it would be cool to have an Avant, I want to setup a B5 S4 for the track and than get a B5 S4 Avant to trailer it.. lol *dreams*

While everyone else wanted a Lambo or Ferrari.. I was the kid in school stuck on this:

1933 Ford Hi-Boy

"The best engine in the world is the vagina. It can be started with one finger, it is self-lubricating, it takes any size piston, and it changes its own oil every four weeks. It's only a pity that the management system is so temperamental."

06 Honda Integra Type-R. 03 Nismo GT-R Vspec II Z-Tune
    Yeah I know I can't spell.

how about a 1300hp skyline r34

Pagani Zonda F
    Keep It Metal \m/

really digging the nobles lately

Somewhat Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMaXXX View Post
    really digging the nobles lately
    What about the Rossion's? (old style nobles w/ mild updates)

My favorite car is this one that I saw at the Maserati dealership in Atlanta, GA. It's a Maserati MC12 and supposedly very rare. The guy who owned it supposedly had family in the oil industry and was having work done on it. I have pictures from my camera phone but they suck so here is a good photo of the same model. It only comes in this color combination apparently and it's Maserati's version of the Enzo.

Entense Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by crackerJack View Post
    What about the Rossion's? (old style nobles w/ mild updates)
    Probably more so. Still has the simplicity and purity of performance of the m400 without the outdated looks.

Entense Supporter

1969 Yenko Chevelle

Grand-High Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by blue98camaro View Post
    [IMasdG]http://chevellfan.com/images/yenko.jpg[/IMG]

1969 Yenko Chevelle
    yea plus yenko anything should be added to this list

I have lots of Seniority spigel's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    like I always say, Lotus Exige S in white.

RIP Алексей Черепанов