User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Supplement Deals

Posting Slut
    Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    i quit taking jacked when i found out it had dmaa in it...
    I quit taking jacked when I realized I can buy dmaa and caffeine on their own.

y u no like dmaa?

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dlove View Post
    I quit taking jacked when I realized I can buy dmaa and caffeine on their own.

y u no like dmaa?
    I don't like putting compounds in my body that have little to no studies done on the long time effects. I have tried it and its okay. I don't think 25mg of dmaa is as strong as 200mg caffeine. I wouldnt mix dmaa with eph because they are both a2 antagonists. I think DMAA would be atleast because its a vasoconstricter. I would imagine taking dmaa with ephedra would create extremely high blood pressure...

Posting Slut
    Where did anyone say DMAA and EC together? I dropped DMAA as soon as I got on EC. Then once I got off EC I got back on DMAA. I take about 50mg or so of dmaa along with 200mg of caffeine.

Where did anyone say DMAA and EC together? I dropped DMAA as soon as I got on EC. Then once I got off EC I got back on DMAA. I take about 50mg or so of dmaa along with 200mg of caffeine.
    How long do you take this before you lift?

Posting Slut
    about 45 mins out, with a protein shake. I believe jack3d says 30-45 mins as well if you take it.

Entense Supporter
    regardless, there have been no studies done on DMAA, thats why I steer away from it. Who knows the long term effects. I know tolerance for dmaa grows faster than that of caffeine.

Entense Supporter
    anybody have any input on bcaa and dextrose?

currently taking:
    protein
    creatine
    animal pack
    fish oil
    eating 3500-4000 calories a day currently.

Entense Supporter
    i tried dextrose post wo, but seriously it made me fat as fuck and felt like shit. Like that whole I just ate 3 big macs feeling.

:<

I take ON bcaa 1000 caps. I would have gotten a powder instead of caps... Higher bcaa/dollar spent.

Elite Member
    I use Scivation brand XTEND for bcaa's. It's powder, grape and watermelon flavors are good... haven't tried the others. I use for pre, intra, and post work out... as well as just throughout the day... can't really go wrong. Really cuts down on recovery and soreness.

I used to make my own 80% maltodextrin 20%dextrose powders for post work out glycogen replenishing. 100g servings. Worked alright but 100g was overkill... too much of an insulin spike and will eventually make you fat. I just use Cytomax by cytosport which has 20g of carbs and some other kinda nifty shit along with r-ALA.
    [/nonsense]

Entense Supporter
    i tried dextrose post wo, but seriously it made me fat as fuck and felt like shit. Like that whole I just ate 3 big macs feeling.

:<

I take ON bcaa 1000 caps. I would have gotten a powder instead of caps... Higher bcaa/dollar spent.

Ya, looked at some decent reviews of the ON bcaa powder. I'll probably order that and use intra-workout with some creatine. I saw muscle pharm had some as well but I bought their protein and I didn't care for it so I'm staying away from MP for now.

I just picked up some Casein for pre-bed and it mixes into a substance that has the texture of wet sand. Any ideas on how to make this better?

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by colt045 View Post
    I just picked up some Casein for pre-bed and it mixes into a substance that has the texture of wet sand. Any ideas on how to make this better?
    I dont like casein powder. Casein isn't really the greatest protein. It takes a while to break down but it doesn't contain a complete aa profile. I like to use cottage cheese, milk, frozen fruit, and a few hard boiled egg whites and blend it.

eggs dont come out in taste, really tastes like a slightly chalky smoothy.

very yum yum.

Not a New Bitch
    I don't like putting compounds in my body that have little to no studies done on the long time effects. I have tried it and its okay. I don't think 25mg of dmaa is as strong as 200mg caffeine. I wouldnt mix dmaa with eph because they are both a2 antagonists. I think DMAA would be atleast because its a vasoconstricter. I would imagine taking dmaa with ephedra would create extremely high blood pressure...
    Excessive caffeine use has some known bad side effects..not bad enough to where it will kill you. But it will probably make you look like shit as you age. Which is worse, unknown DMAA side effects, or lots of caffeine use?

unstickying this. the supplement mega thread can double as a deals thread.

Entense Supporter
    agreed.. i was going to do this yesterday actually