User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gilbert Arenas

I have lots of Seniority jcLarke's Avatar
    I used to like him, even after the story came out I was like ok hes dumb. But making fun of it last night, and posing with teammates and making guns out of your hands is a straight up nigger move. So long Arenas, have fun in jail
    swag

David Stern has suspended Gilbert Arenas indefinitely without pay.
    "Although it is clear that the actions of Mr. Arenas will ultimately result in a substantial suspension, and perhaps worse, his ongoing conduct has led me to conclude that he is not currently fit to take the court in an NBA game," Stern said in a statement.

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports cites a NBA source who says, "[David] Stern feels like he's been taunted by [Arenas]. He's done for the year... at the very least."
    Between Arenas' incessant tweeting and using his fingers as fake guns on Tuesday -- the same day that he reportedly said "Stern is mean" -- he clearly got The Commish's attention in the worst way possible. We would be very surprised to see Arenas appear in another game this season, and it sounds like Stern could push for even more. Though he may have been acting in what he thought was an innocuous, fun-loving manner, the sum effect is that Arenas made the wrong person very angry, and is now going to pay the price. Happy 28th birthday, Gilbert.

I have lots of Seniority aedeos b.a.'s Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Arenas is done with basketball.

Dumb mother fucker taunting David Stern.

Have fun in Europe Gilbert you're not welcome back here.

From the Sixers Wizards game here in Philly last night.

A new Washington Post report has chilling details concerning a confrontation believed to have taken place between Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton in the Wizards locker room.
    Arenas reportedly told Crittenton that he brought in some guns to make it easy for him to shoot Arenas over a gambling argument, while Crittenton told him he didn't need those, as he had his own - which he then loaded and cocked, according to unnamed witnesses. Crittenton's gun was never found, which means the authorities would have a hard time building a case against him. But this probably means that Crittenton is not in the clear with David Stern.

Entensity Vet
    Even though Gilbert has been a pretty big retard in dealing with the whole thing, I don't think it should end his career, but I don't think he should play for the rest of this season, and at the very least he should be gone until the all-star break next year, Ron Artest got 72 games for fighting fans, I think Arenas should get at least that, if not a full season's worth of games. Also if Crittenton did chamber a round, he should be gone even longer.

And why the hell didn't the Wizards take him off the court themselves? Being a team that changed their name and all to get rid of the whole gun violence association, you would think they would have taken it a little more seriously.

crittenton is gonna be done for his career if the allegations are true

Entensity Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Duca View Post
    crittenton is gonna be done for his career if the allegations are true
    If he actually fired the gun I would agree, but I don't think he should be done just for having really really bad response to a really bad joke. But if it's true he'll probably get a much heavier suspension.

Also, both of these guys had guns on them, I wonder how many other NBA players carry guns with them to the arena or training facilities on any given day.

seriously never watching NBA basketball again, not that college is much more dignified

Now Crittenton is wanted for murder. Apparently he's on the run, though, as he has not been located.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/1...still-at-large

Charged in murder, ex-NBA guard Crittenton still at large
    ATLANTA -- Javaris Crittenton was wanted on a murder charge as police searched on Saturday for the former NBA player in Atlanta and Los Angeles.

Crittenton has been charged in the fatal shooting of 22-year Jullian Jones, a mother of four who was gunned down Aug. 19 on an Atlanta street.

Javaris Crittenton pleaded guilty to gun possession in 2010. The former Wizard now faces a murder charge. (AP)
    A spokesman with the Atlanta police said Crittenton was not in custody. Calls to the FBI and U.S. Marshal's office weren't immediately returned.

Three of Crittenton's neighbors in Fayetteville said SWAT members served a search warrant last week at his residence.

The neighbors declined to give their names to the Associated Press during interviews near Crittenton's home in an affluent cul-de-sac 17 miles south of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.

No one answered the door at Crittenton's residence, a three-story brick home with a manicured lawn and a small backyard.

Crittenton, who spent the 2006-07 season at Georgia Tech and played in 113 NBA games, allegedly killed Jones with shots fired from a dark-colored SUV, police said.

According to Atlanta police spokesman Carlos Campos, investigators don't believe Jones was the intended target. His motive, Campos said, appeared to be retaliation for an April robbery in which Crittenton was a victim.

Messages left for an agent who has represented Crittenton weren't immediately returned Friday or Saturday.

Crittenton, who averaged 5.3 points and 1.8 assists in his career, last played in the NBA during 2008-09. He was sidelined by an ankle injury the following season, during which he and teammate Gilbert Arenas were suspended for a gun-related incident in the Wizards' locker room.

Two days after a dispute stemming from a card game on a team flight, Arenas brought four guns to the locker room and set them in front of Crittenton's locker with a sign telling him to "PICK 1." Crittenton then took out his own gun.

Crittenton pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge on Jan. 25, 2010, and received probation.

After the Wizards declined to re-sign him, he signed a non-guaranteed contract with Charlotte before last season. The Bobcats waived him Oct. 15, and he then played five games in China for the Zhejiang Guangsha Lions, averaging 25.8 points. He also played 20 games for the NBDL's Dakota Wizards, averaging 14.3 points.

Crittenton was drafted 19th overall by the Lakers in 2007. He played little with Los Angeles and was traded to Memphis in his rookie year, then to Washington in December 2008.

NBA spokesman Tim Frank wrote in an email to the AP that Crittenton is no longer under contract with Dakota.

"Beyond that I have nothing to add," Frank said.
    Last edited by Architeuthis; 8/28/2011 at 3:22 am.

Entense Supporter
    Fuck the NBA. It's all scum at this point

I have lots of Seniority Gabaloo's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    the blazers are all stand up players

drink milk like its our job crew

Entense Supporter
    That's because the PNW has values. And why the NBA wants to destroy franchises here.

I have lots of Seniority Gabaloo's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    just hearing stern talk is fucking terrifying

he sounds like some medieval lord talking down to his peons

drink milk like its our job crew