User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking [everything]

Quote Originally Posted by c3doubletko View Post
    How does it compare to gas smokers and it almost seems impossible to clean. It seems like wiping it down like you said won't get those huge chunk of grease off the walls after it is cooled.
    I would guess it would be fairly similar to gas. When I was reading around I found people saw gas/electric as about equal.
    My deciding factor was that Im always around a plug in, whereas running out of gas mid smoke would suck, it's one more thing to haul around (I keep my smoker in the garage, I use it on the back porch..so I have to carry it around the house) etc...

I think Im going to pull out the element and control and pressure wash it this summer...The only thing is that some of the paint/coating is kind of coming off the inside, but thats ok as long as you keep it greased. I try to scrape it out with a paint stir stick or something, but its just so hard to get it out, especially in the winter. When its cold, you cant move the crud, when its hot, you cant touch anything.. I think the junk in there is starting to create an off-flavor.

I still plan on building a normal DIY smoker out of 2 barrels, with the hot box on the side. The electric was nice for a starter, and it is able to keep heat in the winter because its insulated, but Im ready to move to something better.
    i like boobs.

Just bought a charcoal smoker and am kinda disappointed by it, thinking of getting an electric one now.
    Faggot better run

New smoker

i like boobs.

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
    hes a god damn legend, you shut your gypsy mouth

Yeah, Im pretty excited. I'v wanted to build something similar for as long as I can remember, and I finally started looking at these and just bought one. It was $158 and about an hour and a half of assembly.

Just started some lump coal to cook out the wierd shit..have a slab of ribs in the fridge I will either do tonight or tomorrow.
    i like boobs.

hmm i want to get a smoker for when i get off my diet would you suggest a electric one to start out? i've never done it but it looks like fun

I really like my electric smoker for smoking in the winter. Well, for doing pork butt anyways.
    I have never had a whole lot of success with anything but pork butt in it...but the pulled pork is amazing.
    In the summer, the inside of the smoker is 100+ on its own, so the heating element doesnt need to work enough to ignite the chips..meaning you basically bake the meat instead of smoke it.

Give me a few weeks and I will decide which I prefer. Ill still keep the electric smoker around for winter smoking.
    Im pretty sure this one should do ribs, brisket, chicken, and turkey far better...So basically everything.

I dont really know what is best to begin with. I liked the electric because it was simple, but at the time I did alot of reading that stated this isnt a whole bunch more difficult/time consuming.
    i like boobs.

Entense Supporter
    Where did you buy this at? It looks killer for 150$
    A callous dangerous and inert indifference
    If the chosen topic of discussion is agony
    And the semblance of altruism we wish to maintain
    The intention is to reject that rule
    And in every way lessen
    Avoidable meaningless pain

Wal mart. I'v been looking around for them, and this pretty much fit what I was looking for.

Its this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

189 at amazon, but I had to pay tax, so its not really that much more in the end.

Oh, and I couldnt wait..I have some country style ribs on there now. Seeing what 3 hours will do. They were 1.48 a pound at the store, so I figured I would give them a shot. I put them on around 7, its been 2 hours now.

I had a before picture, but my pos droid hasnt been saving my pictures lately.
    i like boobs.

Entense Supporter
    niceeeeee

The smaller pieces were almost perfect. The bigger pieces could have used another hour or two. I had them on the smoker for right around 4 hours. Regardless, everything was really fricken good. Some of the best stuff I'v made. I have another pack I might do this weekend with a couple slabs of ribs, or some pork butt..or who knows what.

Peep my smoke ring, yo.

Not sure why that picture makes it look raw.
    i like boobs.

Rubbed And Ready.

..2 spare ribs, and a 10.5 brisket hiding under there. Everything was on a pretty good sale at 2.00 a pound. The brisket is rrrreally fatty though so it wasnt the best deal.
    i like boobs.

The plans are ~14 hours on the brisket, 6 on the ribs. Smoking at ~225 with lump charcoal and Hickory, mopping every ~1.5 hours with oil/cider vinegar. Brisket went on at 6am. This is my first attempt at brisket, and basically my first whack at ribs. I'v done ribs a few times in my electric smoker, but they have always been garbage.

Im trying to track down some hickory, maple, or other types of smoking woods in bulk. Buying by the bag is getting old.

Learned a cool and really quick trick to gettin the fire rollin..

At ~1 hour

This piece has a pretty massive fat cap...Like probably 45%. I was in too much of a rush when I picked it up to give it a good look over, and in honesty I think I ended up grabbing the wrong one which I hadnt looked at at all, after I set it down to get a basket.

Not a huge deal since it was a decent price, but still kind of a bummer. I got it home and had an oh shit moment.
    i like boobs.

I have lots of Seniority aedeos b.a.'s Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    mmmmmmmmmmmm

fat

agreed for the most part, but I probaby bought about 12 or so dollars worth of fat

.. you can really see it here with the cap flipped down. (this is at noon, ~6 hours in. Currently at about 155 internal temp)

Also, ribs just went on, and just pulled off some italian sausages I smoked for lunch. They were fricken delicious.
    i like boobs.

3/6 hours on the ribs, 10/14(or maybe 13 + 2 hours in the cooler) on the brisket
    i like boobs.

Somewhat Poster
    Entense Supporter
    Smoking just meat is great and all, but lets not forget you can pretty much smoke anything. I was fucking around the other day at work and had to make a bunch of different dips for a catering event. Ended up smoking a whole bunch of different stuff. The best result were some tomatoes I turned into a smoked tomato and basil dip.

Get creative niggers

Entense Supporter
    but why eat vegetables when your M.O. can be "find the biggest chunk of meat you can possibly find and eat it" ?

I smoke my beans, and have smoked bbq sauce. I used to do jalepeno's and stuff.

The brisket was pretty incredible. I put a little too much rub on the ribs. Just a hair too much, but still more then I like. It was my first time, so Im not complaining.
    i like boobs.

Somewhat Poster
    Entense Supporter
    daaaaaayum nigga, look at the smoke ring on that bitch, looks fucking tasty.

And smoking vegetables doesn't have to be your MO, but just a side venture...You know, while you have the smoker out and going.

btw how did you do smoked beans? Like literally smoke the beans themselves?