User Tag List

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 1998 Honda Civic EX

Quote Originally Posted by CANNON View Post
    K so first off.. where are you getting your info? Since when is a stock d16 making 250whp stock? And I hope he realizes that it's a HONDA, so his goal of 150whp/tq is more like 150whp/115tq hopefully. First of all I never said a D16 made 250 WHP stock, I said without touching the engine you can push them close to 250 WHP. Why does it matter if it's a Honda? I said his goals are either 150 WHP or 150 WTQ.

To be honest dude it really sounds like you're pulling all of these numbers out of your ass and you're just looking up parts and throwing them all together with no experience in building a turbo Honda. What numbers show that I pulled them out of my ass? Those engines are capable of 200s easy, why would I get some parts and throw them in a list here? I said I had no experience building a turbo Honda that's why I'm making this thread.

Also, you're talking about all of this, yet you don't want suspension? Suspension is the first thing I buy every time I get a new car, and that's the way it should be. Do you realize the dramatic changes that will occur in a car with a lower center of gravity? Not only that, but especially since you're turboing, it will help his dumbass keep the tires on the road, as well as from spinning/wheel hop.
    What the fuck are you talking about? Lower center of gravity? You need custom spring rates to help with wheel hop and traction. Now you're the one spitting shit out of your ass.

You're, for whatever reason, trying to build this cheap (and as they say... cheap/fast/reliable.. you can only have two) so, you need to buy some Ground Control coilovers and some Koni springs. It's cheap and it works well. Not what I have, but it's definitely perfect for starters.

I didn't say I was cheaping out on turbo parts, I said my brother doesn't want to touch the suspension unless it doesn't cost him a grand to corner better. I already know about the Koni + GC set up.

Falken Azenis are good track tires. Once they heat up, they're very sticky. I used them on my turbo Si.

Only good information you posted, you should have stayed out of this thread.

No offense, but you drive a VW.. you should have no room to talk when it comes to car problems.

I mean seriously, there are TONS of Civics that are turbo'd, done correctly, and last well past 175k miles. You just have to do it right.

What I WILL agree with you on though, is that the build that this guy is doing does not sound like it will last.

Khnemu, you have got to understand this NOW, a turbo'd Honda comes with a lot of responsibility. If you're not gonna be hanging from your brothers taint hairs every time he drives the car, he's gotta know how to fix it when shit fucks up or else he's stranded on the side of the highway.
    Where do you come off telling me what to do? If he has a problem he can bring it me or my step-dad's shop and get it fixed. You think there is some impossible thing to fix once you turbo a Civic?

Also, I would not recommend putting a .60 trim on a d16, it will spool way too slow and he'll be hitting boost at around 5.6-6k rpm's, only having about 1k of boost. A .50 trim will work much better.
    The turbo is actually a .4X trim.
    I'm not trying to be an asshole, I'm just trying to save another Honda from the junkyard.

So if you have anymore questions, just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by eedna
    anyway point is im not gay and i watched a 9 year old jack off for like 2 years

get over it

Oh and about your list:

- Boo log manifold. They're ugly, and you can make more power with a topmount... plus it looks a billion times better.

- RCA550cc injectors will be fine, 880 is overkill.

- I had defi gauges and they were great, but autometers work perfectly.
    A topmount, really? Guess I'll go spend 1,000 dollars for a manifold that is mainly for racing purposes, the car isn't going to rev to 9k to get the use out of a top mount. Nor do I have a turbo so big it needs a top mount. Googled for link. http://www.customcarscentral.com/bst...r--97-01-.html

RC550s are a good idea.

I was thinking Glowshift, I've heard some bad things about Autometer.
    Last edited by Khnemu; 1/14/2010 at 11:41 am.

get over it

Entense Supporter
    Cannon's right, Suspension is everything on a high performance car of any caliber. and lol at taint hairs, dammit cannon Cannon you made me snort my Peroni beer (yes I'm drinking at 9:30am, I only have one week left before I go back to war/work in Ohio)....

Even on my dad's CBX turbo, we had to use a suspension system that didn't exist on that series ever; and suspension on a motorcycle is probably far less important versus what you need for a car.

Those front forks we pulled off a 96 GSXR1100; primarily because the damn thing was so powerful with a stock set of front forks and suspension you'd probably never keep the front wheel down. The rear swing arm is a hybrid of sorts, It has both the stock '79/'80 CBX twin shocks, with the later model '81/'82 CBX pro-link swing arm. The rear mounts for the shocks are also almost 6 inches farther back to give the bike a longer wheel base. Even with that, it would tear through 130MPH with the front off the ground 11" still in 3rd gear.

I'll upload pictures that show the suspension in better detail as soon as I finish unpacking all my shit here in Oregon. I have pictures of it when it was in a book, but the pictures in the book don't show the bikes suspension at all, and these pictures are so horribly compressed you really can't see the detail level in them beyond the obvious:
    Last edited by Moo Strength; 1/14/2010 at 11:54 am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy
    Finished the round of life for the day

It is true that suspension comes into play in a high performance vehicles, but, this isn't going to be a full out drag car where wheel hop is a problem. It's going to be done, just not now, people are losing their minds when people say they don't want suspension first.

get over it

Entense Supporter
    lol alright, I'll stay out of this thread. I haven't built two turbo hondas before though, so any information I have is completely invalid.

You're right.

Good luck

oh and ib4mybrotherscarblewuphowdoifixit
    smoke rocks

if he only wants 150whp get a nitrous setup and call it a day

I'm starting to post
    lol alright, I'll stay out of this thread. I haven't built two turbo hondas before though, so any information I have is completely invalid.

You're right.

Good luck

exactly.

why the fuck wouldnt you listen to cannon? he just gave you so much information and lol @ custom spring rates for wheel hop.

most imporant part of the whole build is the tune. make sure you get a good tuner, and your better off getting an obd2 to obd1 conversion harness and dropping in a p72 or something for tuning.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by krazydbiker View Post

most imporant part of the whole build is the tune.
    THIS.

I used a chipped p28, this was a while back though. A good tune will make or break the car.. literally.
    smoke rocks

I'm starting to post
    any vtec obd1 ecu is fine, only reason i reccomend p72 is because they have a knock board in them and also support real time data logging. fuck i miss hondas.

Entense Supporter
    Oh really? I didn't even know that. Hm, that's something I should look into when I turbo my s2000 I just got a STEAL on an f22c bottom end with only 21k miles, and I already have an f20c head. Apparently that's the setup to go when boosting an s2k. So I'm hoping everything works out okay.
    smoke rocks

I'm starting to post
    my knowledge stops right around the 99-00 era of hondas. i know nothing about the s2k other than it has roller rockers in the head. and pretty much whatever your saying about the f22 bottom end and f20head ill take your word for it. obviously you do your research. its kind of refreshing to talk to another person about hondas and not have them blow a bunch of smoke up your ass.

You're right.

Good luck

You come into my thread, bash me, give me some shitty info and tell me you're the most knowledgeable person on turboing Honda's? I don't give a fuck if you turbo'd 100 Honda's, if you give me bad advice and bash me why the fuck should I care what you say?

If you actually read my first post I said I was getting a OBD-I ECU (P28) with Hondata and getting it tuned by Bisimoto. You must be an idiot.

get over it

Quote Originally Posted by Khnemu View Post
    Back country road, I think it's rated at 217? 2001 Boxster not the S. The road has no stop signs and hardly anyone on it, it's about 4-5 miles long.
    Not to go too far back in this thread, but did you just said that a 2001 boxster could go 217? Try about 60 mph slower.

The 2009 Boxster S tops out at 164.

Quote Originally Posted by ten View Post
    Not to go too far back in this thread, but did you just said that a 2001 boxster could go 217? Try about 60 mph slower.

The 2009 Boxster S tops out at 164.
    Ah I forgot to say HP, it's rated at 217 HP from the factory. I was saying it's a huge difference from 127 to 217 when pushing a car hard. Lol.

get over it

I'm starting to post
    You come into my thread, bash me, give me some shitty info and tell me you're the most knowledgeable person on turboing Honda's? I don't give a fuck if you turbo'd 100 Honda's, if you give me bad advice and bash me why the fuck should I care what you say?

If you actually read my first post I said I was getting a OBD-I ECU (P28) with Hondata and getting it tuned by Bisimoto. You must be an idiot.
    lol. how about find a local tuner to street tune the car with you, instead of dyno tuning a daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by krazydbiker View Post
    lol. how about find a local tuner to street tune the car with you, instead of dyno tuning a daily driver.
    Because as I said most of the people out here are ricers, we don't have a huge import crowd. It's mostly domestic racing shops or DSM shops. I have yet to find someone that I would trust tuning the car that is local.

get over it

The Fucking King! PrincessArnage's Avatar
    I would street tune before I dyno tune any day. Grab a wideband and a laptop and give it ago. Richen the fuck out of it and slowly bring it down till it looks good on the wideband.
    he would kiss me and touch me and make me play with him he told me what we were doing wasnt wrong because he was my dad

Entense Supporter
    Because as I said most of the people out here are ricers, we don't have a huge import crowd. It's mostly domestic racing shops or DSM shops. I have yet to find someone that I would trust tuning the car that is local.
    Wait what? Earlier you said that everyone was into the JDM scene

and to stay away from the JDM scene. Where we live it's slammed civics on played out wheels, lips and My VTEC goes BWAH stickers.
    And if they are, I'm sure they know where to get a car tuned. You live in california ffs.

I wasn't bashing you, I was just letting you know what's already been tested and proved to work, but k dude, you keep on letting that faggy ego of yours get in the way and i'll holla at you when you're posting from EFmobile on the side of the highway.

P.S. the ecu talk was towards krazydbiker.. which would explain why I quoted him. Sooooooooooooooooo fuck yourself.
    smoke rocks

Wait what? Earlier you said that everyone was into the JDM scene

I said they try to be "JDM", most of them out here are ricers. I'll try and take pics of cars that come out to the meets.

And if they are, I'm sure they know where to get a car tuned. You live in california ffs.

They roll around in stock cars, I've seen 1 turbo'd Honda out here and he's slow. His friends make fun of him because he didn't get it tuned.

I wasn't bashing you, I was just letting you know what's already been tested and proved to work, but k dude, you keep on letting that faggy ego of yours get in the way and i'll holla at you when you're posting from EFmobile on the side of the highway.
    Why do you keep saying I'm going to be on the side of the highway? It's getting tuned before it gets driven.
    P.S. the ecu talk was towards krazydbiker.. which would explain why I quoted him. Sooooooooooooooooo fuck yourself.
    You came in with the same attitude, you know all and I should listen to you. You came off as a dick with your first post in my thread.
    Last edited by Khnemu; 1/15/2010 at 12:08 pm.

get over it

Entense Supporter
    Just because the car is tuned doesn't mean that everything else was done right. But yeah, I'm done. If you wanna swallow your pride and ask any questions, I'll keep following the thread.

Post progress pics. When are you starting?
    smoke rocks