User Tag List

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1998 Honda Civic EX

Quote Originally Posted by CANNON View Post
    Just because the car is tuned doesn't mean that everything else was done right. But yeah, I'm done. If you wanna swallow your pride and ask any questions, I'll keep following the thread.

Post progress pics. When are you starting?
    I welcome you to post in this thread, I guess I took what you said the wrong way. Anyways we're not starting until I replace his timing belt and water pump.

I have a question for you. Did you have to upgrade your radiator in your Si or was it fine stock?

Quote Originally Posted by eedna
    anyway point is im not gay and i watched a 9 year old jack off for like 2 years

get over it

Entense Supporter
    I got a slim radiator and slim fan just to accommodate the turbo itself. I suppose an upgrade wouldn't really be necessary, but it's just one of those "to be safe" options. I used a Peakboost ramhorn manifold, so the turbo was kind've in a weird position as well, so that played a part. With a log manifold, I assume you'll have it set up to where the turbo is under it, so the radiator should be no problem.
    smoke rocks

Yeah I was just wondering if the stock radiator could handle the extra power and heat. We may upgrade to a aluminum rad and slim fan. The reason we're sticking with the log manifold is because we want to keep the A/C, 110 degree and 60% + humidity isn't fun in the summer out here.

How big was your downpipe and exhaust? What muffler did you run?

get over it

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Khnemu View Post
    Yeah I was just wondering if the stock radiator could handle the extra power and heat. We may upgrade to a aluminum rad and slim fan. The reason we're sticking with the log manifold is because we want to keep the A/C, 110 degree and 60% + humidity isn't fun in the summer out here.

How big was your downpipe and exhaust? What muffler did you run?
    Hahah good point. Highs in the summer here are like mid80's and that's rare, but I know how that feels with no AC and it's a bummer.

HOWEVER@!$!$!@!

The Peakboost FTW Ramhorn manifold that I used was A/C friendly. No P/S, but that's for girly-men anyway.

edit: nevermind, they only made a/c compatible ones for b16's

I had a peakboost 3" downpipe.. and ran open downpipe. Everyone needed to hear the mad vtec y0
    smoke rocks

Lmao! I was thinking of getting him an electric cut-out so he can run a open downpipe whenever he wants. 3 inch goes the same for A/C, we're going 2.5.

What muffler did you run btw?
    Last edited by Khnemu; 1/15/2010 at 2:56 pm.

get over it

I'm starting to post
    he ran open downpipe so no muffler haha. they wont hear the mad vtec on the d16 though, they only have vtak on intake lobes.

Quote Originally Posted by krazydbiker View Post
    he ran open downpipe so no muffler haha. they wont hear the mad vtec on the d16 though, they only have vtak on intake lobes.
    Oh yeah, I was thinking electric cut out. lol.

I can hear my brother's vtak in his car. Right at 5500 the engine gets a little louder but it's not noticeable unless you listen for it. :nuts:

get over it

What did you use to tune your car Cannon? I'm trying to figure out what to buy, I won't be tuning it myself. Do I just need a ECU chipped for Hondata or do I actually need to buy the Hondata software?

get over it

Entense Supporter
    I used Chrome since the software is free, lol. If you're not doing it yourself, you don't need the software, you just need to buy the hondata s300 (if that's what you're going to use)
    smoke rocks

So I'd have to pay for the whole thing right? Like 500 dollars.

get over it

Entense Supporter
    Rofl yeah dude, hondata is soooo expensive. Maybe try out some other tuning methods. There are plenty other, usually fanboys get hondata because of the name, even though there are comparable tuning programs available.

If you can afford it, do it.. it's obviously a great program, but there are others for far cheaper.
    Last edited by CokeCanCock; 1/15/2010 at 9:55 pm.
    smoke rocks

Yeah I was going to use Neptune RTP but most tuners say HONDATA ONLY! I'm going to talk to a DSM tuner out here to see what he can use to street tune the car.

So 550CC saturated injectors?

get over it

Entense Supporter
    I also tried out neptune at first, when I bought my turbo, the guy ended up sending me a chipped p28 that was tuned on neptune for a stock b16. (This was my first turbo car and I didn't know better), but because I had a bone stock b16, I figured it'd be okay. Well, surprisingly, it was, lol. It ran perfectly, hooked up a wideband and the numbers were perfect. I think I just got lucky though. When my buddy was looking at the tune on it, it was great as well, plus the software looked very easy to use.

But then I wanted to try Chrome since a couple other users on my local car forum were using it, and turns out, it ran great as well. I raced a couple locals where I was the underdog and ended up winning.

Here's that Civic (I know you won't like it, but I figured I'd show you anyways ):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a1565e_o-1.png
    Engine Bay:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...nginebay-1.png
    That was unfortunately the only picture I got of the engine bay, and that was right after we got the turbo in and running. The tape is covering the hole in the charge piping that was for the temp sensor I believe. I was losing a lot of boost through it, so I covered it up as a temp fix, and it worked great, haha. I ended up fixing it within the next couple of days just welding it shut.
    (didn't wanna whore out your thread with my pics, lol)

But yeah man, unfortunately, my dumbass friend BACKED into the front of my car while I was parked in his driveway.. totaling the car. I just ended up parting it out.
    Last edited by CokeCanCock; 1/15/2010 at 10:17 pm.
    smoke rocks

Looks like a cool project, but your brother will be sorely dissapointed when he spent so much money only to have 150hp.

I'm starting to post
    ive used crome as well. if you pay for it, it can data log and even auto tune for you. crome is amazing. and theres all kinds of addons, like launch control, check engine light as a shift light(had it on mine for lols) and all kinds of stuff

I also tried out neptune at first, when I bought my turbo, the guy ended up sending me a chipped p28 that was tuned on neptune for a stock b16. (This was my first turbo car and I didn't know better), but because I had a bone stock b16, I figured it'd be okay. Well, surprisingly, it was, lol. It ran perfectly, hooked up a wideband and the numbers were perfect. I think I just got lucky though. When my buddy was looking at the tune on it, it was great as well, plus the software looked very easy to use.

But then I wanted to try Chrome since a couple other users on my local car forum were using it, and turns out, it ran great as well. I raced a couple locals where I was the underdog and ended up winning.

Here's that Civic (I know you won't like it, but I figured I'd show you anyways ):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a1565e_o-1.png
    Engine Bay:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...nginebay-1.png
    That was unfortunately the only picture I got of the engine bay, and that was right after we got the turbo in and running. The tape is covering the hole in the charge piping that was for the temp sensor I believe. I was losing a lot of boost through it, so I covered it up as a temp fix, and it worked great, haha. I ended up fixing it within the next couple of days just welding it shut.
    (didn't wanna whore out your thread with my pics, lol)

But yeah man, unfortunately, my dumbass friend BACKED into the front of my car while I was parked in his driveway.. totaling the car. I just ended up parting it out.
    I love your car, I want a EBP EM1. I don't dig the wheels but it's sick. I like some JDM styling but when people do conversions of a shitty Civic to be a "Type R" and say it's the real thing then say they're "JDM for life bro I have vtak" it bothers me. A clean Civic is what we're going for. Did you ever get your car dynoed to see what you were at? What suspension / tires were you riding on?

Edit: I think I read that in another post about your car being totaled, sucks man.
    Quote Originally Posted by 502Drew View Post
    Looks like a cool project, but your brother will be sorely dissapointed when he spent so much money only to have 150hp.
    150 WHP in a ~2500 lb car is a lot of fun.
    Last edited by Khnemu; 1/15/2010 at 10:47 pm.

get over it

Quote Originally Posted by krazydbiker View Post
    ive used crome as well. if you pay for it, it can data log and even auto tune for you. crome is amazing. and theres all kinds of addons, like launch control, check engine light as a shift light(had it on mine for lols) and all kinds of stuff
    I'm not looking to tune it myself, I'm going to check Crome out but I doubt we're going to buy a wideband and something to datalog it. We have no laptop.

get over it

Entense Supporter
    I love your car, I want a EBP EM1. I don't dig the wheels but it's sick. I like some JDM styling but when people do conversions of a shitty Civic to be a "Type R" and say it's the real thing then say they're "JDM for life bro I have vtak" it bothers me. A clean Civic is what we're going for. Did you ever get your car dynoed to see what you were at? What suspension / tires were you riding on?

Edit: I think I read that in another post about your car being totaled, sucks man.

Thanks man, yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the super "JDM" deal. It had the yellow foglights in it when I got it, but I took those out. Had actually ordered a new bumper when it got totaled so I had to send it back.

I had Omni Powersport Coilovers, springs, and lca's. And to be completely honest, I cannot for the life of me remember what tires I had. I think they were Toyo, but I'm not sure of the model. We didn't dyno it, but with the wideband, we estimated about 275-280whp.
    smoke rocks

Thanks man, yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the super "JDM" deal. It had the yellow foglights in it when I got it, but I took those out. Had actually ordered a new bumper when it got totaled so I had to send it back.

I had Omni Powersport Coilovers, springs, and lca's. And to be completely honest, I cannot for the life of me remember what tires I had. I think they were Toyo, but I'm not sure of the model. We didn't dyno it, but with the wideband, we estimated about 275-280whp.
    I like fogs and mudflaps but Civic Type R lips, Mugen valve covers and all that shit is way too much. What bumper did you order? Lol idk why I'm asking. When did your car get totaled?

What size were the wheels / tires on your car? Also, how was the ride on the Omni's?

275 WHP? Nice, did you run it at a track?
    Last edited by Khnemu; 1/15/2010 at 11:39 pm.

get over it

Entense Supporter

I like fogs and mudflaps but Civic Type R lips, Mugen valve covers and all that shit is way too much. What bumper did you order? Lol idk why I'm asking. When did your car get totaled?

What size were the wheels / tires on your car? Also, how was the ride on the Omni's?

275 WHP? Nice, did you run it at a track?
    It's not a Civic type R lip, it's a stock 99-00 USDM Si lip. I ordered a BYS Bumper because I was really into it at the time. Especially since it was turbo, I figured a huge intercooler would look nice in that space, haha.

Car rode wonderfully and handled just as well.

Tires were 205/40/16. Pretty thin sidewall, but it was because I was obsessed with being as low as possible.
    smoke rocks