User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recipes involving peppers / related

BANNED

Recipes involving peppers / related

I storm through jars of Mezzetta's Garlic / Dill Pepperoncini weekly. One of my favorite things ever is an authentic Italian anti-pasto plate, loaded with various peppers. Pepperoncini mixed in a cool, refreshing salad with a light vinegar based dressing can be incredible. My mom would occasionally make homemade Stuffed Bellpeppers -- the peppers brought back fresh from the factory she worked at. Insane.

Recently I made an African hot sauce extracted from a 'sacred', ha, restaurant recipe that calls for a Habanero or two. Additional red peppers for increased heat. Then, simply, you throw in some ginger, garlic, tomato sauce and salt. I'd get into the vast world of hot sauces, but it's a topic deserving of it's own dedicated thread.

Post up any recipes you have -- I'm open to any and all types of peppers being incorporated, in whatever form, whichever way. Bells, Jalapenos, Serrano, Poblano, Pepperoncini and so on. Peppers loaded on your favorite style of hot dog, sub, pizza. Anything. Also, feel free to share any amusing experiences or anecdotes regarding the consumption of these powerful plant buddies.

I scored some Ghost Chilis a few months back. Talk about INSANE fucking heat.

I chopped a bunch up, mixed em with some hot sausage and white rice (ghetto fab, but delicious) and basically had my face melt off. Hot!

If I get another batch from my buddy, I'll send some out to anyone interested.

Grand-High Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    I scored some Ghost Chilis a few months back. Talk about INSANE fucking heat.

I chopped a bunch up, mixed em with some hot sausage and white rice (ghetto fab, but delicious) and basically had my face melt off. Hot!

If I get another batch from my buddy, I'll send some out to anyone interested.
    YES

doesnt your shit burn eating all those peppers?

Haven't even seen a ghost chili, but do know of their existance. I used to grow my own habaneros, but ended up stopping when I went off to school. Just the other night I made some stuffed poblano peppers. Threw them on the grill since it was nice outside finally.

I have lots of Seniority aedeos b.a.'s Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    I would LOVE some ghost peppers.

I have quite a few hot sauce books and love heat in my food.

Quote Originally Posted by AED View Post
    I would LOVE some ghost peppers.

I have quite a few hot sauce books and love heat in my food.
    I love my hot sauce and heat as well. There's actually a hot sauce company/factory right close to where I live. It's called Original Juan's, and they make one of, if not the hottest "sauce" on the planet. The sauce is called "The Source". It's definately hot (Scoville on it is 7,100,000), I got to try a sample at their warehouse. A little to pricey for my pocket though.

Master of Posting
    I always get some jalapenos/serranos (I can't handle much more) and chop them up on throw them on a home made pizza..fucking delicious.

I do a healthy version of pizza on whole wheat pita, sauce, cheese, carrots, and then the jalapenos/serranos.

I keep a jar of habaneros chopped up in the fridge. I added regular white vinegar and a pinch of salt. Basically keeps them potent for a long time. Anytime I need some heat i whip out the jar and put some on. Pizza, chili, chicken, anything that needs a kick.
    EFCrew

BANNED
    breakfast burritos..

I have lots of Seniority aedeos b.a.'s Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MotMan View Post
    breakfast burritos..
    don't spam in this forum.

I reported the post.

Quote Originally Posted by schism13 View Post
    I always get some jalapenos/serranos (I can't handle much more) and chop them up on throw them on a home made pizza..fucking delicious.

I do a healthy version of pizza on whole wheat pita, sauce, cheese, carrots, and then the jalapenos/serranos.
    I will most likely be stealing that "pizza" recipe, it just sounds really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tach View Post
    I keep a jar of habaneros chopped up in the fridge. I added regular white vinegar and a pinch of salt. Basically keeps them potent for a long time. Anytime I need some heat i whip out the jar and put some on. Pizza, chili, chicken, anything that needs a kick.
    I love doing this with peppers. Sometimes I will add a couple more things for hints at other flavors in the peppers. I did this with my last batch of banana peppers (added some fresh garlic) and habaneros.

Peppers Steak w/mushrooms for two - prep time 10-15 mins, cook time 15 mins

2- 10 oz loin steak cuts

1 - handful of baby portabella mushrooms

3- peppers (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 orange)

1- small clove of garlic

1- can of beef consume` (preferred campbells)

1- bottle of sweet red wine (whichever type you prefer)

first, start off with mincing the garlic very small, add it to a large cooking pan along with 2 spoons of olive oil and some salt/pepper, mix, turn on to low heat.

while the pan is heating up, slice the mushrooms thinly and then slice each pepper in half and slice the halves thinly also (you are only using 1/2 of each pepper). add the mix to the pan, still on low heat. stir the mix in the pan, then add 1 cup of red wine. stir again and then cover.

in a separate pan, add a small amount of the beef consume sauce to the pan and lightly start frying the steaks. add the rest of the can of consume to the peppers mix, stir and cover again. once steaks are lightly cooked, remove them from the pan and add to the peppers mix pan, make sure to use a spatula to cover the steaks in the mixture, then cover. cook for 10-15 mins, or until desired.

once cooked, remove the steaks from the pan, set on plate and then use the spatula to pour some of the peppers mixtures onto each steak. good sidedishes for this are mashed reds, and a light ceasar salad.

accompany each plate with a glass of red wine and have a great dinner!

Master of Posting
    Quote Originally Posted by schism13 View Post

bomb.com

375 for ~15 minutes

Entense Supporter
    http://forums.entensity.net/showthread.php?t=409936

Quote Originally Posted by Spif Kewl View Post
    Spifs Lambburgers

1 lb. ground lamb

1/2 lb. of Jimmy Dean HOT Sausage

3/4 cup each of: red pepper, yellow pepper, white onion, all chopped very, very fine . As fine as you reasonably can.

3-4 strips of pepper bacon chopped fine (tip: lay the strips out on a plate a freeze them first. Makes for easier chopping)

1 tbls + 1 tsp of sugar, gun powder, crushed red pepper, and Accent

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Put all that shit in a bowl and mix like hell

It's best to let it sit overnight so the flavors marry, but you can go right away if you can't wait.

Cook 'em how you want but I'm all about the cast iron skillet for these myself.

Chile paste, it makes for a great condiment. This is pretty close to the chili paste I had all over in Laos.

• 6 shallots, peeled
    • 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
    • 2 Serrano chiles
    • 3 Thai bird chiles
    • 6 cloves garlic
    • 2 tablespoons minced ginger
    • 1 tablespoon sugar
    • 1 tablespoon salt
    • 2 limes, juiced
    • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    • Canola oil

Blend in food processor with just enough oil to make into a paste

Make any substitutions you like, somtimes I exchange the Worcestershire for soy or use smoked and dried chiles.

This is a pretty "bright" chili paste if you want something a bit more savory 86 the lime juice, saute the chiles, and sweat the garlic and shallots.
    Last edited by Zoxygen; 4/09/2010 at 2:48 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
    hes a god damn legend, you shut your gypsy mouth

I usually do stuffed jalapenos.

Stuffed with,
    Cream cheese, fine minced garlic and onions, shredded cheese/bleu cheese crumbles
    AND wrapped in bacon.

Then put them on my pepper rack, and smoke/grill them. They are delicious.

My king kooker rack http://www.amazon.com/King-Kooker-36...0911446&sr=8-1
    i like boobs.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pachood View Post
    I usually do stuffed jalapenos.

Stuffed with,
    Cream cheese, fine minced garlic and onions, shredded cheese/bleu cheese crumbles
    AND wrapped in bacon.

Then put them on my pepper rack, and smoke/grill them. They are delicious.

[/IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/Pachood/smoker7.jpg[/IMG]

My king kooker rack http://www.amazon.com/King-Kooker-36...0911446&sr=8-1
    I'm going to make these, and then come give you a blow job.

that looks/sounds fucking awesome.

Entense Supporter
    oh my fucking god pachood

anyone have good recipes that uses chipotle? i just picked up a can of em and wanna break into it

Entense Supporter
    pachood thanks for the link to the rack, i love making those (and variations) but cooking them is going to be soo much easier. Plus i'm saving money on a similar but smaller type rack i was going to get at cabellas.

Any certain thing you're trying to make with the can o' chipotle peppers? A soup, appetizer, dip, entree?