User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recipes involving peppers / related

I have lots of Seniority aedeos b.a.'s Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    I've got some chipotles I'm going to make a sauce with... not sure what else, though. I need to get together enough recipes to use a full can. That's the thing about them. You need multiple recipes because the can gets wasted otherwise.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by xMoat View Post
    I would LOVE some ghost peppers.
    are they hard to come by?

i'm intrigued. also, thanks for the input/insight so far everyone!

I have lots of Seniority aedeos b.a.'s Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    I presume so. I've never seen them anywhere. They're pretty damn dangerous, so I'd guess they don't just put them in super markets. I've had multiple times when my friends or family pick up peppers, not realizing how hot they actually are and having uncomfortable situations. I can only imagine what it'd be like with a ghost compared to a hab or serreno.

From what I understand is that ghosts are hard to come by because the climate they need to grow is very specific. Their scoville rating can drop by 50% in the wrong climate.

Quote Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
    hes a god damn legend, you shut your gypsy mouth

Entense Supporter
    My buddy at work grew a couple here and brought em in the other day. (they turned out red with a hint of purple). I'll see if I can snag some from him so i could send some out.

A dishwasher and fellow cook each popped one... the cook likes to pop habaneros like tic tacs. Well they were both off line and hurting pretty intensly for a good 30 minutes. They also said the burn lasted pretty much the rest of the shift, things didn't taste right for a couple days, and that the shitting of the pepper was pretty bad. Told me they could feel the burn like travel througout the whole digestive process. I didn't eat one.

I wanna make a chili with just one or two (decent size batch), cooked whole and then removed.

I'll see what i can do about those ghost peppers for you guys though.

--xMoat didn't see your post about not being able to use the full can. I've frozen chipotles several times (with their sauce) and haven't lost too much heat/flavor. Don't get me wrong you loose a bit, but i've had a can of chipotles get me through 4 good chili fires
    Last edited by TriX; 8/09/2010 at 3:47 am.