User Tag List

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: next stop, 275 bench... a progress thread

New Bitch
    If you are only trying to lift as much weight as possible then cut down your reps and increase the weight. Skip the 95s and 155s. Lift 175 5 times and start trying to rep 195 3 or 4 times as your last set.

my questions is where do you come up with your workouts
    Love me or hate me, I'm still better than you

Quote Originally Posted by davenguyen View Post
    If you are only trying to lift as much weight as possible then cut down your reps and increase the weight. Skip the 95s and 155s. Lift 175 5 times and start trying to rep 195 3 or 4 times as your last set.
    the 95s and 155s are warmups....

Quote Originally Posted by great33 View Post
    my questions is where do you come up with your workouts
    from a thread in the SA forums an older dude who goes by the forum name agatsu. the basic idea is you start the first few weeks out at higher reps and slowly progress to lower rep workouts, reducing the number of reps in the accessory work as well. so the first few weeks stress the muscles more than the joints and tendons, while the last weeks of low rep stuff essentially reverses that, allowing the muscles time to recover while the joints take over most of the work.
    - 1025 lb

drink milk like it's our job crew

Master of Posting
    Quote Originally Posted by davenguyen View Post
    spam
    spam

faggot new bitches

New Bitch
    To mix up your chest routine have you tried Decline bench, either with DB or flat bench?
    I usually have problems with DB bench if I don't have a spotter for the first rep. For example: I can do 95X10 but the next week I cant do 100s cause i cant get it off my shoulder. With a spotter I can do 120X3or4s.. So try to get a spotter to get your maxs up.

I would also add another Tricep exercise in routine. eg. Dips

Quote Originally Posted by schism13 View Post
    faggot new bitches
    how is that spam its a general question, it actually explains alot about what hes trying to do, I just think he has too many lifts

yesterdays workout was good, can't remember what i did. but i did hit my flat bench 180x3x6 sets with a itty bitty baby bit of help on the very last rep, which i think i would have hit anyway. never did rack bench because the racks were occupied the entire time i was there

today did squats. notes: do 70 preachers next time, 8,8,7. do 35 db curls next time

too high to write the workout out
    Last edited by coldeye; 4/22/2010 at 1:34 am.
    - 1025 lb

shitty workout today. worked 9:30-8:30 with a 2 hour break thrown in there, but by the time i got to the gym i was really tired. i did 185x5 and 185x4 instead of the prescribed 185x2x6, and i left shortly after. i think im just gonna repeat this week.
    - 1025 lb

BANNED
    sounds like you're getting close. I remember 200-230 was a breeze. Then I hit a brick wall.

Entensity Vet
    You said you were doing this with the coan deadlift routine, correct? I'd like to see your progression with that as well if you get the time. I'm considering running these two programs after summer. However if I remember correctly the guy said the bench routine seemed to run better for those benching 225 or up to begin with, what made you decide to go for it rather than a more linear progression?

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MotMan View Post
    sounds like you're getting close. I remember 200-230 was a breeze. Then I hit a brick wall.
    If you do the dynamic reflexive routine I posted above, you won't hit that proverbial brick wall...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy
    Finished the round of life for the day

this week has been a fucking mess. im working a ton, spending massive amounts of time doing homework, and am having a hard time getting to the gym consistently. and my diet is nowhere close to good now since I barely have time to stuff food down my gullet while i transition from work to class and visa versa. im repeating the last week of the bench routine and i actually had a really good workout yesterday, but since im forced to go so late im having trouble finishing my entire routine.

i haven't had time to start the coan phillipi routine yet since it means learning 4 new exercises. im supposed to do legs and biceps and triceps today but i have so much schoolwork to do, not to mention i have to be up at 6 tomorrow, im gonna have to push it back a day

i cant fucking wait until this quarter is over
    - 1025 lb

New Bitch
    you need to put in some back workouts to even out your core muscles bro.... best way to get good gains from muscles is focusing on both sides of them (i.e bicep-tricep, quads-hams, abs-obliq-lats, pec-traps) etc...

like just workin on curls for your biceps cause your biceps to get strong obviously but you will reach a plateau so to speak where they wont get any stronger cause its so compact together theres no more room to expand... when you work on your triceps it streatches out the bicep to keep it from doin so...

same goes for all the other muscles in the body

so puttin in a back workout such as seated rows, latpul down and whatnot will help you gain where your lookin to..

also will even out your posture as well

just food for thought

good luck with the gains

Entense Supporter
    you know what i mean, i'm around 185 and i can bench 325 and all i do is shoulder circuit, and a bench burnout, with like 205
    I call total bullshit

My friend is 298lbs, 6' 1", and benches 280. There is no way that you can bench 325 unless your arms are a foot long.

I'll believe you if you post a video - until then, total bs
    This is not for you.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Strength View Post
    If you do the dynamic reflexive routine I posted above, you won't hit that proverbial brick wall...
    thanks, I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Angels View Post
    I call total bullshit

My friend is 298lbs, 6' 1", and benches 280. There is no way that you can bench 325 unless your arms are a foot long.

And your freind is hella fucking fat.

298 @ 6'1... That is disgusting.

I am at 240 and 6'1 and I am a pretty big boy...fucking pushing 300 at that height is no bueno.

And while we are in the my friend can beat up your friend mood... Buddy was sitting at 195 and maxed out 325 that year... so its possible.

Entense Supporter
    I call total bullshit

You know absolutely nothing about muscles and how to improve muscle strength. Please stay out of this thread or just read.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by z0nar View Post
    And your freind is hella fucking fat.

298 @ 6'1... That is disgusting.

I am at 240 and 6'1 and I am a pretty big boy...fucking pushing 300 at that height is no bueno.

And while we are in the my friend can beat up your friend mood... Buddy was sitting at 195 and maxed out 325 that year... so its possible.
    Yes he is fat, but he is also the strongest guy in my school. I just found it hard to believe that someone that weighed that little could bench twice their weight.

@Moo - relax dude, holy shit
    This is not for you.

Entense Supporter
    Yes he is fat, but he is also the strongest guy in my school. I just found it hard to believe that someone that weighed that little could bench twice their weight.

@Moo - relax dude, holy shit
    Wait, school? This is why people need to have their age showing in their profile.... I'm guessing your still in high school, yes?

If you'd have said that in the first place, I'd have understood. It's fairly uncommon even in a Division 1 High School to find more than 3-5% of the athletes to be able to really bench press over 325-350, especially because realistically they've probably only been lifting for 2 years (and probably aren't being taught proper form, using more advanced styles of methodical muscle building routines, etc...

FYI, the average age of this forum is probably 21 or so...hence why your statement was a bit of a shock.

I know guys that have over a 400 coefficient in bench pressing, but most of them are over 26, most are in the 30's...

yeah...man im 22, not 17 lifting that weight, and it took me a while to even up to it