User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking into buying an AK - 47 or 74

Someone posts A LOT thricecambria's Avatar
    Found this for 370 bucks, not sure if anyone has ever checked these out.

AKM74 M74 ERTD semi auto rifle chambered for 5.45x39 round. Features 16.25in barrel with a removable AK74 Style Muzzle Break, black synthetic buttstock with a 13.75in LOP, black synthetic pistol grip and handguards. Includes one 30 round magazine
    Please Support the AK-47

iMacGyver

Entense Supporter
    370? Omfg i need to move to oklahoma

Found it and am ordering it at the end of the month.

Romanian AK-47 WASR10CG 7.62x39 caliber semi auto rifle. Gonna be bad ass! $400
    Please Support the AK-47

iMacGyver

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by thricecambria View Post
    Found it and am ordering it at the end of the month.

Romanian AK-47 WASR10CG 7.62x39 caliber semi auto rifle. Gonna be bad ass! $400
    I'm jealous lol. Post pictures when you get it!!

Yeah man, you knows it! Can't Wait, I am totally freaking out! Will post pics day one!
    Please Support the AK-47

iMacGyver

BANNED
    yo that video is sick.. where can you get your hands on an AK??

Entense Supporter
    make sure to chekc out Saiga rifles, avalible in shotguns and 7.62x39 caliber also. it is a new generation replica of the ak and i have one. i love it, glad i got it over the AK. if you want the gun for the fame get the ak but if you want a better rifle get the saiga.

Quote Originally Posted by Notoriety View Post
    make sure to chekc out Saiga rifles, avalible in shotguns and 7.62x39 caliber also. it is a new generation replica of the ak and i have one. i love it, glad i got it over the AK. if you want the gun for the fame get the ak but if you want a better rifle get the saiga.
    I have not heard about saiga, What is the price range and what improvements do they have over the AK's? I'd love more info and some pics if you have them..

ps. they sold out of the model AK I was going to get, so I may have to wait till they get in stock or just grab a cheaper wasr 10. Also saw a hungarian in my range and can't remember if they were better or not.
    Please Support the AK-47

iMacGyver

So now Im pissed, the WASR I was going to buy is on back order, and the AKM74 is looking awesome. This is such a hard decision. Ammo for the AK-47 is easy and cheap to come by, the ammo for the AK-74 might take some work (order it online, wait for it to ship, etc..) Accuracy is better on the 5.45 vs the 7.62 but stopping power is unquestionable on the 47. Plan on doing two things with the rifle. Target shooting and Boar hunting.

Super Stressed and Torn Now!
    Please Support the AK-47

iMacGyver

BANNED
    when you get that AK, take the magazine out and make sure theres no bullet in the chamber. then look down the barrel (with the gun pointing at you), odds are the sights are off a bit. also put the magazine in and try jiggling it. if that shit jiggles, just imagine how much noise youll make walking around with it.

depending on your state, an AR15 here costs anywhere from $799-$1100, only difference is the model. I just bought a smith and wesson MP15, Ar-15 for $999. one made by DTS which was the exact same thing, LITERALLY, was available for $799. they had loads of AK47's/wasr10's for $400 or so.

Keep in mind for the transfer fee that gun dealerships charge. around $100 I think

Quote Originally Posted by hegemony View Post
    when you get that AK, take the magazine out and make sure theres no bullet in the chamber. then look down the barrel (with the gun pointing at you), odds are the sights are off a bit. also put the magazine in and try jiggling it. if that shit jiggles, just imagine how much noise youll make walking around with it.

depending on your state, an AR15 here costs anywhere from $799-$1100, only difference is the model. I just bought a smith and wesson MP15, Ar-15 for $999. one made by DTS which was the exact same thing, LITERALLY, was available for $799. they had loads of AK47's/wasr10's for $400 or so.

Keep in mind for the transfer fee that gun dealerships charge. around $100 I think
    yeah, cuz im gonna take advice from a guy who is a first time gun buyer who has no respect for firearms and continues to call cartridges bullets.
    Please Support the AK-47

iMacGyver

BANNED
    yeah, cuz im gonna take advice from a guy who is a first time gun buyer who has no respect for firearms and continues to call cartridges bullets.
    whatever dude have fun with your stamped metal 1947 POS, dont come crying on this thread when your aim sights are all fucked up. have you even held the AK47? what about the AR-15? if you did, youd know theres a huge difference in build quality, as well as accuracy and customization. Ive never owned a gun prior to this month, but I have been to shooting ranges where I fired both of these weapons. I now own an AR-15 ($999) which I chose over the AK47 ($474 for all black, and $550 for wood). and plan on shooting it this week
    Last edited by hegemony; 4/25/2010 at 3:13 pm.

Wow, Hege - only one month of owning firearms, you are such an expert now!.

I know about both AK and ARs - and take a bit more into consideration than what you probably did when the salesman pressured you into spending a grand at the store. But as you may have already read, this thread was about purchasing an AK not on trying to decide between an AR vs AK.
    Last edited by thricecambria; 4/25/2010 at 4:14 pm.
    Please Support the AK-47

iMacGyver

If I had the cash Id drop my money on an M1A from SA, or possibly an FN SCAR. What can I say, I love .308.

.308 is awesome, but not an inexpensive round. I saw the scar for sell, a bit over 2000. I like the FN FAL a nice .308 as well.
    Please Support the AK-47

iMacGyver

BANNED
    Wow, Hege - only one month of owning firearms, you are such an expert now!.

I know about both AK and ARs - and take a bit more into consideration than what you probably did when the salesman pressured you into spending a grand at the store. But as you may have already read, this thread was about purchasing an AK not on trying to decide between an AR vs AK.
    a grand was a great deal, considering its model and what came with it. the smith and wesson mp15 sells for $1200 retail. I got a case, lock, and 6 free magazines.

btw not to sway off topic, if you didnt know already the 47 and 74 stand for the year they were introduced. go with the revised AK74, which also has a longer barrel and better build quality. lets not forget the crazy things you have to do to put a scope on either one

Quote Originally Posted by hegemony View Post
    a grand was a great deal, considering its model and what came with it. the smith and wesson mp15 sells for $1200 retail. I got a case, lock, and 6 free magazines.

btw not to sway off topic, if you didnt know already the 47 and 74 stand for the year they were introduced. go with the revised AK74, which also has a longer barrel and better build quality. lets not forget the crazy things you have to do to put a scope on either one
    just to double check the specs online, looks like both have a barrel length of 415mm - about 16.3 inches. Care to continue to show a lack of knowledge on this subject. Did you know that the ak-47 normally uses the 7.62x39 cartridge vs the ak-74 which uses the 5.45x39.
    You haven't got a clue, have you?
    Please Support the AK-47

iMacGyver

BANNED
    just to double check the specs online, looks like both have a barrel length of 415mm - about 16.3 inches. Care to continue to show a lack of knowledge on this subject. Did you know that the ak-47 normally uses the 7.62x39 cartridge vs the ak-74 which uses the 5.45x39.
    You haven't got a clue, have you?
    hmmm scratch that I was thinking of a different gun and varient for the barrel size. but everything else I said was true you lousy fuck, and I never said anything about the bullet size, which I already knew

I'm a post-aholic ragingbullfrog's Avatar
    i'm annoyed at hegemony for turning this into an ar15 vs ak debate

i get to read that shit too much already

Everytime I mention purchasing an AK - most people try to convince me on purchasing an AR. Hopefully the AR vs AK debate won't spread from him. I think he should be banned soon so he can stop polluting this forum.
    Please Support the AK-47

iMacGyver