User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking into buying an AK - 47 or 74

Someone posts A LOT thricecambria's Avatar
    Man, nothing seems to line up when I want to purchase my AK. Finally found the exact model - but they are on back order, then I find a similar replacement and now my FFL is unavailable for a while. I really want to purchase it on Friday but think it is going to be delayed a bit. Gotta see if I can find an alternate FFL for this purchase.
    Please Support the AK-47

iMacGyver

Done and Ordered!!

Ended up getting a Romanian AK Military Variation - With Black Polycom Stock (Ordered Tapco - T6 Collapsible Stock as well) - Comes with Preinstalled Tapco G2 No Slap Trigger - 2 30rd steel eastern bloc mags - bayonet (wow) - cleaning rod - oil tin - Manual - mag pouch

All for... $349 - also does not come with canted sights or mag wobble!
    Please Support the AK-47

iMacGyver

Everything I could have ever wanted and then some.

This is a WASR 10/63 with the triangle on the front trunion. All parts are nice and snug (cleaning rod, cleaning kit, oil can, bayonet, sheath, steel magazines, and green magazine bag). Sights are straight, but needed a really good cleaning! Gonna go out on Sunday and hopefully fire a few hundred rounds.

349.00 plus shipping from classicarms.us its the BPS (Fangs, you were looking at picking one up).
    Please Support the AK-47

iMacGyver

Nice!! That looks pretty sweet, and you got a great deal. I'm still gonna buy one, but it'll probably be a couple months.

I've got a romainian wasr-10 hi cap (got the 100 round drum for it too) ak-47 7.62x39, and it is a great gun. Decent accuracy from the iron sights at 100 yards, never had any trouble with it. Easy to maintain and clean, and has never jammed once. Great plinking weapon.

What kind of groups are you getting outside of 100 and is there a certain brand that works better or shoots better on your ak?
    Please Support the AK-47

iMacGyver

I have lots of Seniority mikerzt's Avatar
    i came close to picking up a wasr for $225. now that i think about it, i should've gotten it...maybe this summer or something.

Sunday can't get here soon enough, any ideas of what I should test it out on?
    Please Support the AK-47

iMacGyver

Range report: Rfile is amazing - I did find that Russian Hollow point would have a feed jam almost 95% of the time. Any FMJ would work perfectly. Only one round was a dud out of 300, rifle worked everytime. You could see the tip of HP snag at the lower receiver from the mag well.

Since it had never been fired, I would clean the barrel after 10 rounds for a total of 50 rounds. After that, She was good to go. quite a bit of soot on the pistion, that I had to clean with a brush.

Rifle was dead accurate

New furniture - More to come

Last edited by thricecambria; 6/02/2010 at 8:17 pm. Reason: adding more pictures
    Please Support the AK-47

iMacGyver

Quote Originally Posted by Fangs404 View Post
    Nice!! That looks pretty sweet, and you got a great deal. I'm still gonna buy one, but it'll probably be a couple months.
    Dude, the possibilities are endless! Found 7.62x39 ammo at cabelas for 4 bucks a 20rd box. Tons of upgrades as well.

Now I just need a new muzzle break and sight (not sure if I should put a red dot at the front or on the rear picatiny.
    Please Support the AK-47

iMacGyver

I'm a post-aholic ragingbullfrog's Avatar
    man that foregrip bipod is fucking awesome

Found it online at botachtactical.com, I used "stimulus" as the coupon code to get it down to around 70 bucks. very slick find, since it was much more than that online. It does add some weight to the front but I like being able to have the flexibility of the grip/bipod - now, the 30rd mags can be removed easily with the bipod deployed, but not with the intrafuse/grip pod in grip form.
    Please Support the AK-47

iMacGyver

I'm a post-aholic ragingbullfrog's Avatar
    that is a little gay

i really like how cheaply you did this all though man

If there is a deal on the interwebs, I shall find it. I am a bargain hunter, even though most of the aftermarket parts for the AKs are pretty inexpensive to begin with.
    Please Support the AK-47

iMacGyver

Elite Whore
    A fluff and buff of the chambering throat of your rifle would probably allow for hollow points to feed well. Honestly, a condition like that would frustrate the hell out of me. also, as far as the grip thing goes, if you want a VFG that allows you operate your magazine rolling lock functions, consider PDW style VFG's. They might be short enough to allow clearance for the base plate on those 30 rounders.

looks like a pretty sweet rifle for the price

She is pretty sexy now! Was hoping we had more peeps that had an interest in AKs, but the norm is to go with the AR-15.
    Please Support the AK-47

iMacGyver

Range report - Norinco chinese 123gr 7.62x39 with bipod 1.5in groupings dead center of my m16a2 target at about 25 feet. Same Ammo at 100 feet about 3-5in groupings all with iron sights. This rifle is by far one of the best I have used. If you are familiar with my new furniture, the longer length of pull is so much more comfortable and the bipod is steady for me. standing position with bipod in grip form, allowed for so much more control and accuracy was increased as well. My buddy had his ar-15 and spent a few hundred rounds sighting in his red dot (unknown manu). I think that I might just stick to the iron sights since it is money. Also, I took some white fingernail polish and painted the front post to help sight in easier.
    Please Support the AK-47

iMacGyver

Bumpin' dis shit because I'll actually be buying my AK within the next couple weeks! I can't wait! I also just stocked up on ammo for my glock (1000 FMJ and 500 HP), so it's gonna be a zombie killfest soon. I can't wait to hit the range next.

C0WB0Y likes this.