User Tag List

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: [MLB] Official 2010 Season Thread

I have lots of Seniority aedeos b.a.'s Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    AAAANNNNNDDDD the umpires just took away a hit from the Mariners with a bad call.

Entense Supporter
    I'm hoping LAA hangs onto this lead they have on Minnesota.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by smandy View Post
    I'm hoping LAA hangs onto this lead they have on Minnesota.
    Me to, its been a pretty good game so far. Jepsen almost gave up the lead but worked his way out of trouble. Shields will hopefully put them down 1,2,3 and then either fuentes or rodney will close it...im hoping rodney but it will be Fuentes

Entense Supporter
    Mariners just had a CLUTCH two-out hit to take the lead in the 9th. Pretty nice because the umps took away a probable run in the 8th on a trap that was ruled a catch (followed by a double). Now to see how good Aardsma is as a closer this year.

Quote Originally Posted by AED View Post
    Mariners just had a CLUTCH two-out hit to take the lead in the 9th. Pretty nice because the umps took away a probable run in the 8th on a trap that was ruled a catch (followed by a double). Now to see how good Aardsma is as a closer this year.
    two strikeouts. not too shabby.

Pretty big choke by the third baseman in that Oakland game.

Rangers get no-hit through 6 1/3 then end up with a walkoff win.

Last edited by nickbahhh; 4/06/2010 at 3:42 am.
    http://i.minus.com/irCo4CcM7v4Xh.jpg

Entense Supporter
    What kind of food is that?? Looks GREAT.

Quote Originally Posted by AED View Post
    Now to see how good Aardsma is as a closer this year.
    aardsma is your closer? i take back everything i said on the previous page.

Quote Originally Posted by smandy View Post
    What kind of food is that?? Looks GREAT.
    Jalapeno stuffed with chese and sausage wrapped in bacon.

nickbahhh: how do you feel about Jon Daniels as gm?
    I kinda like his sheer audacity and balls but the guy traded away Soriano, Texeira, Edison Volquez among others. On the other hand he greatly improved the Rangers farm system which should pay off in years to come. Just wanted to get the opinion of a true Rangers fan...
    ex-CU CREW

I think when he started off he was very young and his inexperience led him to make some bad trades. We basically gave Adrian Gonzales and Chris Young up for Adam Eaton. Soriano netted us Brad Wilkerson. The Mark Teixera trade was an absolute fleecing of the Braves. Its scary to think of the team they would have right now if they kept all those prospects and added in Jason Heyward. We got Elvis Andrus, Jarrod Saltalamaccia, Neftali Feliz, Matt Harrison. All on our opening day roster. That trade right there was huge for the chemistry and building of this team.

Currently I can't think of any other GM I'd like to have more. He has Nolan Ryan to help him out and get some respect from some of the older GMs around the league. He has also done a great job of working on a tight budget. We will see how he does once the purse strings are loosened a bit later this month when Chuck Greenbverg takes over.
    The depth in the farm system is no secret, but I don't think most people realize the kind of talent that's coming up. The rule 5 is going to end up kicking our butt one of these days because we have all this talent and only so many spots to put it.

CARDINALS

There is so much for Cardinal fans to look forward too. Colby Rasmus is already playing excellent D, Freese is looking good as well. As a Cardinals fan, I'm not used to seeing prospects do anything but make good trade bait. This year there is a lot to be excited about, and I think the NL Central belongs to the Cardinals this year.

also, Pujols is on pace to hit 324 home runs this year
    Last edited by Ike; 4/06/2010 at 2:22 pm. Reason: I love emoticons

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    CARDINALS

There is so much for Cardinal fans to look forward too. Colby Rasmus is already playing excellent D, Freese is looking good as well. As a Cardinals fan, I'm not used to seeing prospects do anything but make good trade bait. This year there is a lot to be excited about, and I think the NL Central belongs to the Cardinals this year.

also, Pujols is on pace to hit 324 home runs this year
    Central looks pretty weak. Like every year though, they need to stay healthy .

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by totallytubularj View Post
    They had one of the best bullpens in the majors last year...

Kept all of their good pitchers and added a few and are promoting a few from the farm system.

I really don't see how you have any sort of legit argument here. If anything, they will be better since the young guys have another year of experience under their belt.

They will definitely finish over .500

I don't see repeat performances from guys like Affeldt, wilson or Medders who all are not good. so forget the pen being so good. Then the rotation will miss having Randy around even if he only pitched half a year last season. Cain and Timmy are great but the back end of that rotation is iffy. Plus they need to find ways to score runs when Pablo isn't up to bat. Now I think they should finish over .500 but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. The Giants are not that good

Not a New Bitch
    This year, I think the tigers will compete in a crap division Magglio is looking good, and Austin Jackson made me feel like we won't be losing as much defense in CF as I originally thought, anyone thing the AL central will have anyone win 90 games?

Not a New Bitch
    Also after looking at the division, I think the cards can win 100 games, just based on the fact that everyone sucks, the only team I could see even coming close is the Reds and that's a long shot.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by phen843 View Post
    This year, I think the tigers will compete in a crap division Magglio is looking good, and Austin Jackson made me feel like we won't be losing as much defense in CF as I originally thought, anyone thing the AL central will have anyone win 90 games?
    I disagree. I think the Central will be a close race between Chicago, Minnesota and Detroit.

Not a New Bitch
    I think it will be tight, but i don't know how many games each team will win. I want the tigers to win cause I'm a huge fan, but we need to try to make a trade or find someone to protect Cabrera because he already seemed to be intentionally walked twice yesterday

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rmpotsy View Post
    aardsma is your closer? i take back everything i said on the previous page.
    What do you have against Aardsma?

Show the Tigers a little love. I know people are counting em out already....And I gotta give a lil props to Damon w/ the 2 rbi double!V didn't pitch so hot, but for once the Offense bailed him out and the Relief was solid! Good opening day victory! If there are any Royals fans out there you should be excited about your new 2nd baseman Getz! Hes solid! I'm a little biais I graduated High school with him...but the man has some serious speed! Also led the big ten in Batting Avg. at Michigan...I think he set the record at UofM too. Also has a cannon for an arm...hes more of a shortstop, used to close our baseball games and was clocked around 95.