User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Wine Drinkers?

I have lots of Seniority aedeos b.a.'s Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    dude, you're the one crying because people expect better of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Tillman View Post
    dude, you're the one crying because people expect better of you.
    your right, i apologize. I'll wipe my tears now. Let's celebrate with a glass of Opus One! on me.

Entense Supporter
    cut it the fuck out in here, jesus christ

Hello wine crew! I had the pleasure to enjoy two magnificent Pinot Noirs over the past week:

Belle Glos Las Alturas 2008 and Archery Summit Premier Cuvee 2007

Both were excellent and I enjoyed them equally. The price range for a bottle of either is around $40ish which is pretty high, but it would be an excellent bottle to serve on a special occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Kyle View Post
    Hello wine crew! I had the pleasure to enjoy two magnificent Pinot Noirs over the past week:

Belle Glos Las Alturas 2008 and Archery Summit Premier Cuvee 2007

Both were excellent and I enjoyed them equally. The price range for a bottle of either is around $40ish which is pretty high, but it would be an excellent bottle to serve on a special occasion.
    nice! I'm a big fan of great pinots!

What region are these wines from?

The Belle Glos is made in the Santa Lucian Highlands which is located in Monterey County, California. The winemaker is grandson to co-founders of Caymus Vineyards.

The Archery Summit is from Oregon which has the conditions to create amazing Pinot Noirs.

Tried some Horse Haven Hill Cab and it was excellent. It's a 90 point cab that comes from washington state. Very fruit forward with medium high tannins and a dark chocolate/cocoa finish. Cost around $10-14.

aedoes, have you tried H^3 products before?

The Belle Glos is made in the Santa Lucian Highlands which is located in Monterey County, California. The winemaker is grandson to co-founders of Caymus Vineyards.

The Archery Summit is from Oregon which has the conditions to create amazing Pinot Noirs.
    Ive heard very good things of pinots coming from the Santa Lucia Highlands. Ive had my share of pintos from there. Would you recommend any others from that area?

You can get some rather inexpensive Chilean wine, that's actually really great... under 20$... I can't remember the name of anything specific... but I enjoy any Cab Sauv...
    Nothing serious.. nothing snooty. Just a nice table wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightless View Post
    You can get some rather inexpensive Chilean wine, that's actually really great... under 20$... I can't remember the name of anything specific... but I enjoy any Cab Sauv...
    Nothing serious.. nothing snooty. Just a nice table wine.
    if you enjoy a nice cab, not sure how much it is a bottle, but the trader joes label cab is really delicious i believe its bulk wine out of napa

don't think we can get trader joes in canada.

don't think we can get trader joes in canada.
    oh ha, my bad.

Could you maybe buy it online and get it shipped, i guess if you were really doing that you could just drive your ass to TJs ha...

Is there good wine shops in canada? hows the wine buying market out there?

You usually get wine at the LCBO (where you buy liquor in canada). You can get wine at some grocery stores, like Zehrs... has a little wine store in the same building but it's separate from the actual grocery store.

You can get wine at some restaurants, which will sell you a bottle of wine, but it's kind of expensive that way (corking fees etc). And way less selection. Not the way you buy wine unless you already had a glass and don't want to drink the rest of the bottle @ restaurant.

OR you can get wine at a winery... which, there are a few of in my area, but you do have to drive about 30 minutes to get to them.

Ontario wines are good. Peele Island Wine is good too... I like Jackson Triggs too... which.. is.. from Ontario.
    When you go to the LCBO (liquor store), they have aisles of wine sorted by region. So you can get something from France, Italy, Chile, Australia, US, Canada, and Ontario... There's a ton of selection. Obviously there's more selection for the Ontario wine.

Also, wow, what's with all the Thanks'???
    Last edited by Flightless; 3/31/2011 at 1:15 pm. Reason: You're welcome :)

Quote Originally Posted by evg005 View Post
    Ive heard very good things of pinots coming from the Santa Lucia Highlands. Ive had my share of pintos from there. Would you recommend any others from that area?
    there are a ton of great noirs from santa lucian highlands. 2007 was an excellent vintage for pinot noirs in that area so if you find a cheap bottle snag it up. some other great ones are: 2007 Lucienne Lone Oak ($45), Hahn SLH Estate 2009 ($35), “Tondre Grapefield” 2008 ($40).

mark west is a pretty popular noir that comes from santa lucian; it normally costs $12 a bottle.

Entense Supporter
    Also, wow, what's with all the Thanks'???
    Someone created a thread in spam not too while back because they were so surprised to see your post.

And this was basically the same day the "thanks" option was enabled in this section.

And yeah, Mark West is always good for the price. Common choice by the woman for the last 3 years or so, and usually allow my self to indugle in a glass or two

there are a ton of great noirs from santa lucian highlands. 2007 was an excellent vintage for pinot noirs in that area so if you find a cheap bottle snag it up. some other great ones are: 2007 Lucienne Lone Oak ($45), Hahn SLH Estate 2009 ($35), “Tondre Grapefield” 2008 ($40).

mark west is a pretty popular noir that comes from santa lucian; it normally costs $12 a bottle.
    Nice, Thanks I will have to check some of these out. Where do you buy your wine from?

I had a 2007 pinot from Santa L from a small family winery I forget the name. It was a real wierd last name hard to say, but your not the first I hear that 2007 was a good year for pinot in that area.

Entense Supporter
    A great pinot for a good price is Greg Norman Pinot Noir sourced from Santa Barbara. Nice dark fruits, and oh so smooth. It's about ~$15 or less

Quote Originally Posted by MechAnt View Post
    A great pinot for a good price is Greg Norman Pinot Noir sourced from Santa Barbara. Nice dark fruits, and oh so smooth. It's about ~$15 or less
    Is santa barbara its on AVA or is that just the county and they have individual AVAs?

Entense Supporter
    I believe it's its own AVA but it may be broken down, I'm not totally familiar with all the names just the main ones.

Entense Supporter
    I had the Greg Norman Pinot at Pinehurst, wasn't really impressed
    crew
    My FlickrCanon Crew: Canon 5D MkII, Canon 7D, Canon 5Dc, Canon 70-200 2.8L IS, Canon 35L 1.4, Sigma 10-20, Canon 580EXII, (2) Vivitar 285HV