User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coyote hunting anyone?

I'm starting to post oopseyesharted's Avatar
    I love browning. I have a bow, my trap shotgun is a citori sporting clays O/U...I would not have it any other way!

22-250 is probably one of the best varmint calibers out there I feel. Fast, long range, accurate, cheap rounds.

BANNED
    I got one today, it's a remington 700, .243. With a bushnell sportview 4-12x40 with a built in range finder.

Everything including the case for $550.
    Last edited by MotMan; 4/18/2010 at 4:09 pm.

BANNED
    just got the harris bipod today..

Someone posts A LOT drurietzweems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MotMan View Post
    just got the harris bipod today..

should do the trick have fun killin shit

I killed one last deer season in Arkansas with my .300 wsm. I prefer my cousins Ruger mini-14 for shooting them though. And its not that we (some of us) kill them for fun, its that if you had a farm and they tore shit up, killed dogs and anything else they can get after you would have a different understanding. If you had a large population of gar where you fished you would be pissed because they would kill all the other fish. Same concept

BANNED
    I got to shoot it last weekend. It was fun as hell. I shot off 20 rounds like it was nothing. Next month I will be taking my time and doing it right. My shoulder was sore for a couple days, people say it's a smallish sized hunting rifle but I love it. It is just what I wanted.
    Last edited by MotMan; 5/07/2010 at 4:00 am.

I have a ruger m77 in .243 with a 4x12x40 bushnell scope. I've taken groundhogs out past 300 yards, and it works fine for deer around here. You'll be happy with it...
    "...a true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by anom View Post
    I don't understand why people hunt and kill animals just for the fun of it. Why would you want to kill coyotes?
    they fuck with fields and nearby game, destroy polypipe etc

Someone posts A LOT thecameraman's Avatar
    A month or two ago I saw a couple coyote hunting videos on youtube and gradually got more and more interested in it. It just looks fun as hell.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by thecameraman View Post
    A month or two ago I saw a couple coyote hunting videos on youtube and gradually got more and more interested in it. It just looks fun as hell.
    Yeah I've never been coyote hunting either. I got everything ready though, got a predator call, gun, camo, cover scent.. I'm good to go!

I'm mostly a bird hunter but I can't wait to go for coyotes/deer this year. It's breeding season right now though, so you generally want to wait till at least june to hunt coyotes(from what I've read anyways).
    Last edited by MotMan; 5/15/2010 at 3:57 pm.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MotMan View Post
    Yeah I've never been coyote hunting either. I got everything ready though, got a predator call, gun, camo, cover scent.. I'm good to go!

I'm mostly a bird hunter but I can't wait to go for coyotes/deer this year. It's breeding season right now though, so you generally want to wait till at least june to hunt coyotes(from what I've read anyways).
    right now is actually an okay time but if you have fields nearby especially corn and soybeans right after harvesting is done you will see so many fucking coyotes you won't be able to kill em all.

Hey Morph, where do you hunt in Arkansas?

Entense Supporter
    we flood some of our fields every year and I go to black river sometimes. I really only duck hunt I just generally kill coyotes when i'm out and see one. if it is a bad year I will go to missouri which usually has a ton of ducks but between my two main spots there generally isn't a shortage aside from last year

I ask because I hunt on my families farm in Brinkley, we have like 3 holes we use and we used to go back on the bayou before that stupid fucking woodpecker (that does not exist) was heard. Farms actually in Fargo though

BANNED
    Either of you guys been bird hunting out of the country? Like Argentina or something? I never have but dream of it.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Egauer415 View Post
    I ask because I hunt on my families farm in Brinkley, we have like 3 holes we use and we used to go back on the bayou before that stupid fucking woodpecker (that does not exist) was heard. Farms actually in Fargo though
    rofl that ivory billed one?

Yea that alleged one that doesn't exist. They sold all that woodpecker crap and hats and what not in Brinkley, I think one of the bbq places had a sandwich named after it.

And no I have never hunted out of the country Motman

BANNED
    Cleaned and took new pics.

I'm getting progressively anxious as the season comes closer! My local shooting range was closed due to a stray bullet. The guy lives a mile and a half from the shooting range and he's requesting the range be closed until they find out who it was..

The problem is they are only open to the public the first weekend of each month, so I only have one more chance to sight in before it's time to hunt.. It better be open by the weekend! I doubt it though...
    Last edited by MotMan; 6/01/2010 at 8:31 pm.

The .243 made your shoulder sore? You should try something fun like a 30-30. Too expensive for coyotes though.

I need to pick up a gun that is cheaper to shoot. Smallest caliber rifle I have is 30-30... pain in the pocketbook. My .308 isn't any cheaper...