User Tag List

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk Empire [SPOILERS INSIDE]

Entense Supporter
    Just finished watching the first episode. I thought it was great and I love where it's heading. My favorite part was when Capone introduced himself. I totally forgot about it so it caught me off guard and I was like, "hell yeah!"

First episode was pretty sick, I just hate that I'm so used to watching old series on netflix 3-4 episodes at a time. Now what do I do until sunday...

When the wife-beater got picked up on the street and then dominated on the boat, I was pumped. As soon as nookie found out about him, I was like fuck em up, fuck him up. Also, was it Jimmy that called the feds on the funeral home because of the formaldehyde prank / does that mean he accepted working for the FBI?

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by smandy View Post
    Just finished watching the first episode. I thought it was great and I love where it's heading. My favorite part was when Capone introduced himself. I totally forgot about it so it caught me off guard and I was like, "hell yeah!"
    Same, he played it off so well. "Oh... you mean dowgs"

Quote Originally Posted by Gustin611 View Post
    First episode was pretty sick, I just hate that I'm so used to watching old series on netflix 3-4 episodes at a time. Now what do I do until sunday...

When the wife-beater got picked up on the street and then dominated on the boat, I was pumped. As soon as nookie found out about him, I was like fuck em up, fuck him up. Also, was it Jimmy that called the feds on the funeral home because of the formaldehyde prank / does that mean he accepted working for the FBI?
    Yeah, he gave the feds the funeral home location, but kept the real supply to himself... then sold it at a higher rate to the peeps in chicago. So he got it for free, made a ton of money and made it seem like the feds caught him, then gave his old boss some of the share. I think he's going to work for the FBI, but only as a way to give them small busts while he makes $$$ on large deals with Capone.
    Last edited by cooper; 9/20/2010 at 5:33 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustin611 View Post

I dont know whats going on with Jimmy. Looked initially like he just threw them the scent of the funeral home to get them off his back, but then why'd he turn around and steal back the booze with Capone? Was it just a move to show he's still on Nucky's side and not a rat? It will surely be a topic to follow in future episodes.

I'll tell ya though, with all his drive to be someone important, and I was watching when the FBI was placing a job on the table, I was like "Hell yeah, he's gonna take it!" Nucky pissed him off with giving the job to the "Mick," and he doesnt want to be a driver the rest of his life. I'm going to go ahead and say now, I think he's with the FBI.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebroni View Post
    I dont know whats going on with Jimmy. Looked initially like he just threw them the scent of the funeral home to get them off his back, but then why'd he turn around and steal back the booze with Capone? Was it just a move to show he's still on Nucky's side and not a rat? It will surely be a topic to follow in future episodes.

I'll tell ya though, with all his drive to be someone important, and I was watching when the FBI was placing a job on the table, I was like "Hell yeah, he's gonna take it!" Nucky pissed him off with giving the job to the "Mick," and he doesnt want to be a driver the rest of his life. I'm going to go ahead and say now, I think he's with the FBI.

Like I said, I also think he works for the FBI now... but I bet he's going to work with Capone and use the FBI to find out when the big deals are going down so they can take the "loot" for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post

Like I said, I also think he works for the FBI now... but I bet he's going to work with Capone and use the FBI to find out when the big deals are going down so they can take the "loot" for themselves.
    This was exactly what I thought was happening, playing both sides, but I figured worth asking.

Someone posts A LOT
    Quote Originally Posted by smandy View Post
    Nice spoiler tags.
    Last edited by ems; 9/22/2010 at 2:30 pm.

Entense Supporter
    Same, he played it off so well. "Oh... you mean dowgs"
    lol love it

this is exactly what i got from the ep.. he's workin both sides now

Quote Originally Posted by brjo555 View Post
    Nice spoiler tags.
    if you haven't seen the episode and don't want anything to be ruined, don't come in the fucking thread

once the season starts and an episode has aired, that episode is okay to talk about without spoiler tags

hasn't this been established in countless threads before?

Mod / EMTV King
    Entense Supporter
    I was blown away by the production, acting, and of course Scorsese's amazing directing for the pilot.

As far as direction is concerned, Scorsese set a pretty damn high bar; it was such a "smart" episode so the art direction and directing had to be equally clever, and it was. Classic Scorsese for the most part. Fortunately the show seems to be oozing in talent in all aspects of production so I've got hopes for its continued success.

All in all, and to put it mildly, this pilot episode was a real treat.
    TECC [The Elite California Club] x818xCREWx
    rest in peace matt /// hatbros. // opium den dwellerz [ODDz]

Sure as fuck you guys don't continue on with spoiler tags like that forever, shit is annoying. This is a discussion thread, if you don't want the show to be spoiled don't come in here without watching it. I thought that was how things were?

Wow... that first episode far exceeded my expectations.

Hopefully they keep it up to par.

Someone posts A LOT
    Please put SPOILERS in the thread title then.
    A few days after the episode first airs on a channel a lot of people don't get seems like a reason we wouldn't have all seen it yet.

Assholes.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by aviator2 View Post
    Wow... that first episode far exceeded my expectations.

Hopefully they keep it up to par.
    agreed.

and as was said earlier, I believe jimmy is playing both sides. I could see them trying to make a twist into that, or to have it as a backup plan for jimmy.

should be a fucking awesome show.
    I miss Mike and Jose

Quote Originally Posted by brjo555 View Post
    Please put SPOILERS in the thread title then.
    A few days after the episode first airs on a channel a lot of people don't get seems like a reason we wouldn't have all seen it yet.

Assholes.
    Then don't come into a fucking discussion thread on the show? The majority of posts in here are going to be talking about what happens in the episode. I'm not going to be putting spoiler tags on any of my posts. That is not how it has been done in the past, I don't see why we should do it now.

I haven't seen the first episode yet, so I felt like coming into this thread and yall better have your spoiler tags up....

Mod / EMTV King
    Entense Supporter
    i don't moderate this specific forum, but let it be known:

This is a discussion thread. Of course it will contain spoilers. If you don't want to read spoilers for Boardwalk Empire, don't enter a discussion thread about Boardwalk Empire in a forum dedicated to film and television.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but it just makes perfect sense.
    TECC [The Elite California Club] x818xCREWx
    rest in peace matt /// hatbros. // opium den dwellerz [ODDz]

Holy shit I rule!
    Jimmy is going to provide the FBI with a little bit of information, but I think he is going to turn into muscle for Nucky. He said you can't still be half gangster anymore to him when they were talking. Also Nucky set it up that the wife beater got beaten and killed. Nucky has the power to protect Jimmy while he does his dirty work. I think Jimmy is going to keep up with doing work with Capone which can be very interesting. I wonder what the New Yorkers are going to now that there shipment was taken. Also the end that old timer getting killed is going to set up for the young cats to come in and take over.

Quote Originally Posted by lazy View Post
    I wonder what the New Yorkers are going to now that there shipment was taken.
    You mean the Chicago cats? They were the ones that got it stolen. And what did Jimmy/Capone end up doing with the liquor (unless he was just giving it back to Nucky)? Jimmy didnt seem to offer it back when he met Nucky privately (I recall).

Entense Supporter
    That's because Capone took the liquor to Chicago
    crew
    My FlickrCanon Crew: Canon 5D MkII, Canon 7D, Canon 5Dc, Canon 70-200 2.8L IS, Canon 35L 1.4, Sigma 10-20, Canon 580EXII, (2) Vivitar 285HV

Entense Supporter
    Nah, I'm pretty the New Yarkars were the ones who 'got their shipment stolen'.