User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: New Knives?

Like I said though, the degree/certificate is no substitute for working your way up.

I suppose we are all on the same page

I'm starting to post adidias2500's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Sort of a new knife for me. Picked up a 10 inch F. Dick from a friend at work. Standard mechanical pencil in the shot for size comparison.

10 inch is a big knife. ...Enjoy your dick!
    (...someone had to say it)

my 8inch is bigger then I prefer, a 7 inch chef/santoku is about right for my normal duty.

Also, I just bought a cleaver. I fucking love it! Some cheap brand(hamilton beach), but good enough for breaking down a chicken or whatever. I have a massive cleaver that came with my butcher block. Its litterally 1/2 inch plate steel with a tree for a handle. It probably weighs 10 pounds. Ill take pictures soon.
    Heres my clever
    Last edited by pachood; 9/17/2011 at 3:33 pm.
    i like boobs.

Entense Supporter
    cleavers are so much fun

I've got a 10 inch vintage sabatier (carbon) chef and an 8.5 inch MAC chef. Among other knives but those are my heavy duty ones. I like the sabatier because its such a tool, I can bone meat and really get after things where my MAC is a bit too thin and I've actully dinged it up trying to cut the top rinds off parmesan. So something to think about when thinking about getting Japanese knives.

Quote Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
    hes a god damn legend, you shut your gypsy mouth

Grand-High Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Purps View Post
    I would love to be on the food network and have my own show. Give me like 10 more years and once I do I'll be sure to give a shout out to the EF Cooking Crew..

btw just ordered this as one of things I'm giving my gf for valentines day. I know I'm probably paying more for the name, but she has this weird crush on Tyler Florence.

I had one of these that I got for christmas. Not a bad stamped knife, and the magnetic knife block is slick as fuck. Someone stole mine though... wtf who goes into someone elses' house and steals a knife?

Grand-High Poster
    I use a Henckels Pro S 8 inch chef and a 4 inch Global utility/paring for 95% of any cutting I do

Quote Originally Posted by h4ppydaze View Post
    I use a Henckels Pro S 8 inch chef and a 4 inch Global utility/paring for 95% of any cutting I do
    I use my Pro S 8-inch chef for nearly everything as well. Second would probably be the smaller Pro S santoku (6 or 7 inch I think?).

I'm starting to post adidias2500's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pachood View Post
    10 inch is a big knife. ...Enjoy your dick!
    (...someone had to say it)

my 8inch is bigger then I prefer, a 7 inch chef/santoku is about right for my normal duty.

Also, I just bought a cleaver. I fucking love it! Some cheap brand(hamilton beach), but good enough for breaking down a chicken or whatever. I have a massive cleaver that came with my butcher block. Its litterally 1/2 inch plate steel with a tree for a handle. It probably weighs 10 pounds. Ill take pictures soon.
    Heres my clever
    Oh, belive me owning a 10 inch dick is the butt of quite a few jokes. I like the length because it allows me to do just about anything. there isn't much that a 10 inch knife wont cut in one fell swoop. I also love the simplicity of dicks. no bolster, no super fancy handle, just a razor sharp knife that holds its edge pretty damn well. Not to mention it's super easy to sharpen on the triple oil stone as well.

You have a couple of good looking knives there yourself. I work with a lot of people who love wustoff. They seem like solid knives, but I just cant stand the bolster.

When I go to Japan, I hope to pick up some Japanese blades. I prefer a japanese profile, but I have gotten pretty comfortable with my wusty's.. My chefs was very awkward for me to re-learn on...Like the blade would flop around in my hand. Its big and heavy compared to what I was used to.

As Im pretty sure I'v already said in this thread, a good chef will tell you to find one blade and stick with it. Become one with that knife..as cheesy as it is, its true.
    i like boobs.

Henckels ftw