User Tag List

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Android Thread

How to get hulu on your 2.2 Device:
    http://www.absolutelyandroid.com/gui...oid-2-2-froyo/

The UAString is User Agent. Basically your browser tells hulu (or any site you visit) you're using Google Chrome from a Desktop instead of a Mobile phone.

Quote Originally Posted by BAM720 View Post
    How to get hulu on your 2.2 Device:
    http://www.absolutelyandroid.com/gui...oid-2-2-froyo/

The UAString is User Agent. Basically your browser tells hulu (or any site you visit) you're using Google Chrome from a Desktop instead of a Mobile phone.
    Thank you! I didn't know about this site! And I was waiting for a good Hulu app, Now not needed

Entense Supporter
    So what does everyone's home screen look like? I just run 3 screens, and try to keep it as simple and clean as possible.

I just have power control on the left screen, beautiful widgets on the center screen, and twitter on the right screen.
    I use LauncherPro Beta for my home replacement/launcher. And I'm running CyanogenMod 5.0.7.1 overclocked to 1.0GHz.
    Last edited by vernSL; 5/28/2010 at 12:10 pm.

what phone are you using. What program are you using to take screen shots?

Entense Supporter
    I have a Motorola Droid. And just download drocap2 from the market, need to be rooted to use it though.

Entense Supporter
    Sirius/XM radio app has hit Android.

http://www.siriusxm.com/android/indexd.html

Go there to sign up and you get 7 days free. It's pretty awesome so far, the UI is great and the streams sound good. Not sure it's worth the money though unless you already have Sirius/XM or if you have it in your car or something. There are free internet radio apps out there that are very good too that don't have monthly fees. But the content on Sirius is very good.
    Last edited by vernSL; 5/28/2010 at 12:50 pm.

I've been a big fan of slacker (android app) http://www.slacker.com. Its Internet radio very similar to Pandora but has way more song choices.

I do have XM in my car but they charge more for online access which I think is BS, but their music choices are good.

My phone's rooted I'll check out that screen cap app.
    Last edited by BAM720; 5/28/2010 at 2:15 pm.

The Sirius/XM app is really good. Listen while you surf as well. Nothing like surfing Entensity and listening to Octane at the same time.
    “Don’t ever be the first…don’t ever be the last…and don’t ever volunteer to do anything….” - Unofficial Navy Creed

Entense Supporter
    i have the new gameloft soccer game if anyone wants it. it's pretty incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by AftermatH View Post
    she wants you to jerk the dog off to completion... you know, cause as the burden of proof is on you
    we are the industry

Bad-ass Member
    Considering switching from the iphone... I'm on T-mobile, which android phone is the best?

Quote Originally Posted by TitoRodriguez View Post
    Considering switching from the iphone... I'm on T-mobile, which android phone is the best?
    The new MyTouch Slide is probably the best hardware wise. BUT it comes with HTC's Sense UI (a custom display layer on top). You may or may not like it. It's currently running 2.1 and is promised to be updated to 2.2 along with all the other MyTouches (Fender, 3.5mm, and Original). The slide offers a hard keyboard. Unsubsidezed it's 499$ (I think) w/ contract it's like 199 (after 50 MIR). Don't quote me on that.

I'd avoid the Motorola Click (which runs Moto Blur (their version of Sense UI)) becuase it's slow and has lacks any info about catching up to 2.1/2.2. For similar reasons avoid the G1. Too slow and no future updates coming.

I forgot about the Nexus 1 option. You can't buy the N1 in a Tmobile store but it has the best hardware, and will most likely be getting official 2.2 first. If you're not on contract and don't mind re-upping than you can get a pretty good deal on the phone. If you don't mind unsubsidized then you're looking at 538$

Entense Supporter
    Get the Nexus One. Can't go wrong with it, it's fast and runs stock Android. 2.2 prerelease is already available for it too. And you'll be one of the first to get upgrades on newer Android versions as well.

And they should start selling Nexus Ones in stores soon.

Entense Supporter
    http://techcrunch.com/2010/06/08/an-...s-iphone-news/

It's an interesting break down of all the iPhone 4 news based on an Android user. I pretty much agree completely with all of his points. And I am in the same boat as him, I was an iPhone user for 2 years, with the original 2G and the 3G. I also own an iPad. And I switched over to the Droid, and I don't see anything on the iPhone 4 that has me interested in going back other than the screen and the sexy hardware. But I can definitely see Android catching up very soon to Apple and hopefully we'll see Android hardware makers step up and start making some serious effort on design.

Entense Supporter
    http://galaxys.samsungmobile.com/

The Samsung Galaxy S is coming to T-Mobile July 21.

It looks like a pretty amazing device. Too bad about the custom UI though. But hopefully it will be rooted and we can get some custom ROMs on it.

Specs: 1GHz CPU, 5MP camera, HD video 720p @ 30fps, front facing VGA camera, 4.0" Super AMOLED screen (480x800), 16GB mem

It's thinner than the 3GS, but just a tad thicker than the iPhone 4 (9.9mm vs 9.3mm).

You might want to wait for this phone if you're looking for an Android phone on T-Mobile.

Look at the pictures on the official website, it's pretty fucking sexy.

btw on your rooted N1's you can now get 720p video recording. The hack was released yesterday at xda and there will be tweaking to improve audio and fps.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=698287

And appearently N1 does wireless N too. I didn't know that!
    http://androidandme.com/2010/04/news...ck-wireless-n/
    Last edited by BAM720; 6/09/2010 at 3:45 pm.

Entense Supporter
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/09/s...medium=twitter

Samsung seems to have taken exception to a little sidenote made by Steve Jobs during his iPhone 4 announcement at WWDC10 this Monday. While waxing poetic on the virtues of IPS, Jobs let us know that he considers it an entirely superior display technology to OLED, and now the world's biggest display maker has a few words to say about it. According to a Samsung spokesperson, the high-res retina display on the iPhone 4 offers only a 3 to 5 percent advantage in sharpness over its own Galaxy S Super AMOLED screen, but sucks down a wasteful 30 percent more power. Moreover, Samsung believes its screens offer better viewing angles and contrast, and concludes by saying that "structurally, IPS LCD technology cannot catch up with AM-OLED display technology." And here we thought Samsung and Apple were getting along so well.

Android sucks, Iphone is better, it has a built in Ipod you can't beat that, it does suck how its not open source though

Probated
    Last edited by the truth; 6/10/2010 at 8:30 am. Reason: troll

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
    Android sucks, Iphone is better, it has a built in Ipod you can't beat that, it does suck how its not open source though
    You're a fucking idiot. Care to elaborate more? You think it's only better because it has a built in iPod? Android has it's own music client as well. As well as plenty of third party music apps in the market as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
    I hate ipod's and the proprietary iTunes that it forces me to sync with.

Not only does Android come with a music player, you can download others (already state I know), but that would never be allowed in the App Store (competes with existing functionality). Furthermore I couldn't find one that did what I wanted so I WROTE my own, deployed it and have an active user base of over 30,000 users (and I make money off it, daily) that I market as free.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    http://galaxys.samsungmobile.com/

The Samsung Galaxy S is coming to T-Mobile July 21.

It looks like a pretty amazing device. Too bad about the custom UI though. But hopefully it will be rooted and we can get some custom ROMs on it.

Specs: 1GHz CPU, 5MP camera, HD video 720p @ 30fps, front facing VGA camera, 4.0" Super AMOLED screen (480x800), 16GB mem

It's thinner than the 3GS, but just a tad thicker than the iPhone 4 (9.9mm vs 9.3mm).

You might want to wait for this phone if you're looking for an Android phone on T-Mobile.

Look at the pictures on the official website, it's pretty fucking sexy.

Thank you SO much for posting this. It has a 3.5mm jack. Only wondering if it will eventually update to Android 2.2, and if there's a mini USB port.