User Tag List

Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Android Thread

I have lots of Seniority aedeos b.a.'s Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
    Android sucks, Iphone is better, it has a built in Ipod you can't beat that, it does suck how its not open source though
    "It doesn't do one of the most basic functions possible. You can't beat that (unless you have a phone that's less than 2 years old)"

Come on, man. Think.

Android is the future.

Entense Supporter
    Motorola’s Android ambitions aren’t exactly unknown, but CEO Sanjay Jha has squeezed out a new tidbit that has left us even more keen to see what’s in the pipeline. *Speaking at the Executives Club of Chicago this week, Jha revealed that Motorola plans to have a 2GHz Android smartphone on the market by the end of 2010. **Other sources at the company are quoted as saying the device will “incorporate everything that is technologically possible in a smartphone today.”

Can not fucking wait. Motorola makes some of the best hardware, so I'm excited that they're really pushing hard.

I also heard that some manufacturer, can't remember the name Qualcomm??, has began shipping dual core snap-dragons. This 2010-2011 should be very exciting especially the way Android is starting to take off.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by StatiK View Post
    I also heard that some manufacturer, can't remember the name Qualcomm??, has began shipping dual core snap-dragons. This 2010-2011 should be very exciting especially the way Android is starting to take off.
    Yeah it's amazing how fast Android has matured. And I think Google will be working on the biggest issue soon, the UI. They've also said that they will soon stop coming out with updates so quickly, and will be on a yearly cycle like Apple which will cut down on the fragmentation a lot.

Entensity Vet
    This is truly the turning point in the curve in my opinion. Android hardware is finally superior and the designs are reasonable. Apple's marketshare is still going to hold better than others as people hold onto what they know and love best, but for the rest, android is going to quickly gobble up a good portion of their market.

A guy I stood in line with said he was switching his wife and himself from iPhones to the EVO, i'm sure that's the case slowly but surely.

Apple's product lifecycle for the iPhone is no longer sufficent, and they will find that their perfectionalism will come to bite them in the ass over the next 2 years if they keep pace with what they have been doing.
    drivingmaniac: Do i make you happy?
    Krissy L<3ve {{Jailbait}}: u make my kitten purr

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    You're a fucking idiot. Care to elaborate more? You think it's only better because it has a built in iPod? Android has it's own music client as well. As well as plenty of third party music apps in the market as well.

apple sucks....

brywonder and bwill93

Entense Supporter
    Motorola Droid 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr-qScFtDIA

This should be launching around the same time as the Motorola Xtreme.

Specs: 750MHz OMAP, 3.7" screen, 16GB memory, 5mp camera.

That new keyboard looks awesome though. Glad they got rid of the d-pad.

Quote Originally Posted by DrivingManiac View Post
    This is truly the turning point in the curve in my opinion. Android hardware is finally superior and the designs are reasonable. Apple's marketshare is still going to hold better than others as people hold onto what they know and love best, but for the rest, android is going to quickly gobble up a good portion of their market.

A guy I stood in line with said he was switching his wife and himself from iPhones to the EVO, i'm sure that's the case slowly but surely.

Apple's product lifecycle for the iPhone is no longer sufficent, and they will find that their perfectionalism will come to bite them in the ass over the next 2 years if they keep pace with what they have been doing.
    What's hurting Apple is AT&T, if they go multi-carrier it'll be a whole different ballgame. That is a part of what has helped Android surge.

Quote Originally Posted by ericd84 View Post

apple sucks....
    Way to contribute like Sauce. Such a thought provoking comment. Without Apple, do you think Android would be where it's at? When the first prototypes emerged, it looked like a RIM/Windows Mobile/Treo competitor.

Love or hate Apple, they re-ignited the smart phone game to the benefit of every consumer. Now we have hardware manufacturers producing some amazing products.
    Last edited by sacr3dc0w; 6/10/2010 at 8:36 pm.

Motorola Droid 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr-qScFtDIA

This should be launching around the same time as the Motorola Xtreme.

Specs: 750MHz OMAP, 3.7" screen, 16GB memory, 5mp camera.

That new keyboard looks awesome though. Glad they got rid of the d-pad.
    Man that seems terrible. Anything new should at least use a 1Ghz Snapdragon. It's sleek and all don't get me wrong but with the Evo and iphone 4 setting the bar. The droid 2 just doesn't seem to measure up. I also saw somewhere that it's going to use motoblur which is just retarded.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ph34rbunbun View Post
    Man that seems terrible. Anything new should at least use a 1Ghz Snapdragon. It's sleek and all don't get me wrong but with the Evo and iphone 4 setting the bar. The droid 2 just doesn't seem to measure up. I also saw somewhere that it's going to use motoblur which is just retarded.
    The OMAP 750MHz is actually faster than the 1GHz snapdragon. And the Droid also includes a 200MHz GPU. 3D videogames actually run better on the Droid 1 than they do on a Nexus One or EVO.

Droid 2 looks Ok but I guess its more for those who rather have a physical keyboard. I wish they could bump up the specs a bit more specially when you hear rumors about the scorpion and and others that are raising the bar.
    Firma

The OMAP 750MHz is actually faster than the 1GHz snapdragon. And the Droid also includes a 200MHz GPU. 3D videogames actually run better on the Droid 1 than they do on a Nexus One or EVO.
    links to show this?

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ph34rbunbun View Post
    links to show this?
    http://www.droid-life.com/2010/06/10...aphics-battle/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEAWmSB1P8w

And as far as the OMAP3630 being faster than the Snapdragon, search google there are plenty of threads and info about it. CPU performace wise, they're probably about even, but add in the MUCH better GPU of the OMAP and it easily is better than the Snapdragon. PLUS the OMAP is a 45nm process while the Snapdragon is a 65nm. Therefore, the OMAP would also be more efficient as far as heat and battery life go.

Here's a benchmark of the Motorola Shadow (Xtreme) which is also using the OMAP36030.

And you can see that the Shadow running Android 2.1 easily beats the Nexus One running 2.1. Once the OMAP3630 gets Android 2.2, it will beat the Nexus One.

Entense Supporter
    Loving all this android news. Just joined the club recently, only have had my Moto Droid for a few days now and i'm fucking obsessed.

Question: Does anyone have tapatalk? Does it really make the forum that much betteR?

NYKMMA

Entense Supporter
    I use tapatalk. It's just a lot quicker when browsing. And it makes it easier to browse. I think it's worth it if you browse on your phone a lot.

Hm. Interesting. It doesn't completely change my decision for an Evo, however it does make me think things over a bit harder.

Has any one ever tried hooking up there droid to a 360??
    I wanna stream mp3 but this peice of junk isnt picking it up as a portable device!!?!?!?

brywonder and bwill93

I have lots of Seniority aedeos b.a.'s Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    do you have it set as an external?

Entense Supporter
    I just tried and mounted my SD card and couldn't get the 360 to read it as well. I also searched and found that nobody has been able to get it to work. I guess you're just out of luck.

My biggest thing holding me to the iphone is native exchange integration. Any word if future releases of Android will natively support this ?

Wii: 3689-8900-6880-2544 PSN: DrTeeth
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/EthernetGuru/
    Blog: http://ministryofchaos.net