User Tag List

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Android Thread

Quote Originally Posted by teething View Post
    My biggest thing holding me to the iphone is native exchange integration. Any word if future releases of Android will natively support this ?
    Android 2.2!

Entense Supporter
    Droid X (Xtreme, Shadow)

4.3 inch screen, HDMI out, HD video, front VGA camera, 8mp camera on back. It's beautiful. Comes out in July for Verizon.

I have lots of Seniority aedeos b.a.'s Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Not a fan of the body design, but I can't argue with those specs

Entense Supporter
    hard keys?
    Quote Originally Posted by AftermatH View Post
    she wants you to jerk the dog off to completion... you know, cause as the burden of proof is on you
    we are the industry

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    Droid X (Xtreme, Shadow)

4.3 inch screen, HDMI out, HD video, front VGA camera, 8mp camera on back. It's beautiful. Comes out in July for Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidAndMe.com
    This phone looks amazingly polished and even without the front facing camera I think it might give Sprint and the HTC Evo 4G a run for their money
    Hardware Function keys but no keyboard. Also runs a new version of Moto Blur.

Entense Supporter
    I actually love the design, and Motorola has been doing great stuff hardware wise. I love how fucking tough their phones feel. All metal and heavy. And I would take hardware buttons over the touch buttons. I'm not a fan of them.

The phone is fucking huge though. Droid X vs EVO vs iPhone.

And yeah it's supposed to be running a very less intrusive version of motoblur called shadowblur. The pictures actually look decent, but I don't know why they are even bothering messing with stock Android. Just leave it and release updates faster.

Last edited by vernSL; 6/12/2010 at 4:53 pm.

Master of Posting
    any word on the resolution the droid x uses?

damn! how the hell did the forget xbox support?
    and tmobile needs to hurry their ass up with my 2.2.. that slide thing release yet?

brywonder and bwill93

For more old-school Android users: HTC is finally coming out with an official 2.1 update to the Hero (They released it in Taiwan and that's been rooted, no WWE version yet). I was really looking forward to it so I could connect to my work's VPN and use their WiFi, but I tried it and it didn't work. After some browsing, it looks like Cisco-based VPN clients don't like Android's VPN. Disappointing.

Has anyone here tried several generations of Android (ie 1.5/1.6, 2.1, 2.2)? I've tried 1.5 and 2.1 (both with and without Sense) and I gotta say that when Sense is enabled, 2.1 doesn't have much more over 1.5. (I have to admit that I can't use Navigation in Norway and have to download Brut maps for either version)

Quote Originally Posted by ericd84 View Post
    damn! how the hell did the forget xbox support?
    and tmobile needs to hurry their ass up with my 2.2.. that slide thing release yet?
    The slides official launch is June 19th (I think), but most stores (my local one) have them in stock and can sell them as a soft launch.

2.2 Hasn't officially been released for any phone. The Nexus 1 has an early beta that people have been using.

Anyone have the Incredible? I'm getting one in 2 weeks.

i havent even had my fender that long and already want that galaxy thats coming out

brywonder and bwill93

I have lots of Seniority
    droid x

Entense Supporter
    Leaked Droid 2 and Droid X commerial info. These are used to give an idea of what the TV commercial will look like:

Droid 2:
    http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content...ial-slide1.jpg

Droid X:
    http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content...ial-slide2.jpg
    http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content...ial-slide3.jpg

So looks like the Droid 2 will have a 1GHz processor, not sure what kind though.

These commercials sound cool as hell.

Entense Supporter
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/15/e...oid-x-preview/

So here are our main takeaways:
    Hardware: From afar, the Droid X looks like the EVO 4G, but up close the differences are obvious. Its slightly longer and wider, and it has four physical buttons along the bottom of the screen rather than touch-sensitive ones like those on the EVO. In hand, the phone feels really solid and we were surprised at how light it felt, though we could really do without the hump on the back. And yes, the large thing fits in a jean pocket, but not without slightly bulging.
    Screen: Apparently the Droid X has a 4.4-inch, FWVGA 854 x 480-resolution screen, though we couldn't confirm that on the device itself. Regardless, it was super crisp and the capacitive screen was mighty responsive to taps and multitouch gestures. Our one concern is the mirrored trim around the screen -- it makes the whole face of the phone extra glossy.
    Motorola Blur / Android: We confirmed that the Droid X was running Android 2.1 with some new sort of Motoblur (perhaps Ninjablur) skin. We didn't get to configure Blur with our social networks and contacts, but it didn't seem as "in your face" as the original. There's also a new navigation bar along the bottom that lets you easily jump to different Android panes. We can't really make a call on how we feel about this new Moto skin, but it does feel like a major improvement and it absolutely didn't slow down performance. We should also mention that preloaded on the phone was a Blockbuster application and a DLNA type app. Those two pieces combined with the fact that there will be a separate HDMI dock available has us thinking multimedia is the focus here.
    Camera / Camcorder: The Droid X has a 8-megapixel camera, and records 720p video. But here's the thing about the camera: you have to tap to focus and it doesn't refocus until you actually snap the picture. In addition, the camera button on the phone was super stiff, so when we went to shoot a pic the entire thing shook and blurred the image. You can see what we are talking about in the gallery below. As for video recording, it was a bit laggy while we were shooting at 720p, but the video plays back smoothly, and in our opinion, crisper than the EVO 4G. Nevertheless, as you can see in the clip below, the white balance keeps on changing and the exposure fluctuates.

Entensity Vet
    That droid x sure looks to be a beast. It's larger than the EVO which is even hard for me to imagine as I'm 6'3". It's going to be a great droid phone on Verizon and I'm sure it'll win over some hearts.

I'm still impressed with my EVO having the front facing camera and the 4G to really stand out and shine.
    drivingmaniac: Do i make you happy?
    Krissy L<3ve {{Jailbait}}: u make my kitten purr

Now I am thinking that not switching to spring for the EVO from Verizon was probably a good idea. I am up for upgrade on august and hope the X and droid 2 are available to make a good choice.
    Firma

Entense Supporter

I have lots of Seniority aedeos b.a.'s Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    so I got a rom pack, and downloaded one of the free emulators. How do I go about loading them onto the phone so that I can play them?

Entense Supporter
    i believe you just place them in a folder on the root of your sd card. so just mount the phone to your computer and transfer them over. i would name the folder ROMS or something.