User Tag List

Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft (Legion Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Antrax View Post
    Gonna be working on a moonkin set for my Druid I think, since ranged is lacking in my guild and I'm usually offspec kitty DPS for most encounters anyway. I've only tried it once before but it seemed fun enough, and it's pretty damn easy if I remember right.

Main thing I need to do is read up on it though, after that I should be good.
    Boomkins will be able to plant bombs and blow them at will. Sounds so badass especially with everyone lvling, just go to a lowbie pvp zone and hid them in the bushes.

I may even go Boomkin for that!

I'm starting to post Dreamers Nova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Boomkins will be able to plant bombs and blow them at will. Sounds so badass especially with everyone lvling, just go to a lowbie pvp zone and hid them in the bushes.

I may even go Boomkin for that!
    Rofl.

Should be nice for PvP too. The ability is actually a total rip from the character Teemo from League of Legends. His "ultimate" ability is he can drop a shroom every17 or so seconds that stealths and will blow up on contact that does a DoT and slows.

Albiet moonkins will get to blow it up as the please.. and spam it [I think? don't remember], which is infinitely more cool. Lol.

I wonder what the dmg will be like, if it'll be at all useful in an AoE rotation, or if it should be kept for solo play and PvP.

On a side note I'm main speccing cat again, Moonkin is nice and all, but I enjoy the higher DPS of cat, and more to do. I get bored easily if I'm sitting here raiding without much to do.

I'm excited for the new changes to the ui when in Moonkin, though. Can't wait to give it a whirl, might make moonkin a bit more interesting . Or the new treeform style.. Ah man, I need to dust off all my gear .

Entense Supporter
    Im really enjoying leveling my druid. Taking it nice and slow so its super fun

Quote Originally Posted by ChiPP View Post
    really? i cant stand leveling, so whenever i do it i try and get it over as quick as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers Nova View Post
    Rofl.

Should be nice for PvP too. The ability is actually a total rip from the character Teemo from League of Legends. His "ultimate" ability is he can drop a shroom every17 or so seconds that stealths and will blow up on contact that does a DoT and slows.

Albiet moonkins will get to blow it up as the please.. and spam it [I think? don't remember], which is infinitely more cool. Lol.

I wonder what the dmg will be like, if it'll be at all useful in an AoE rotation, or if it should be kept for solo play and PvP.

On a side note I'm main speccing cat again, Moonkin is nice and all, but I enjoy the higher DPS of cat, and more to do. I get bored easily if I'm sitting here raiding without much to do.

I'm excited for the new changes to the ui when in Moonkin, though. Can't wait to give it a whirl, might make moonkin a bit more interesting . Or the new treeform style.. Ah man, I need to dust off all my gear .
    Cat is fun, but for some reason when I play my Druid I lag so much in 25 mans, it's ridiculous. I mean I have a rogue alt that does the same exact encounters on 25 man and gets next to no lag and my DPS is insane (11k on an alt isn't that awful, especially considering the fights are longer due to it being an alt/PUG run).

I've been doing everything as boomkin the last few days to try and get used to it (heroics/shitty raids) and I think I have it down now. Can't wait until this weeks raids, but I don't get to DPS until Saurfang which might take a while since we're going to be working on HM Deathwhisper.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiPP View Post
    I can never take leveling slow on a character I enjoy, it sucks. If I like playing it I just keep thinking about being 80 and getting it geared or PVPing on it and I plow all the way through. What spec are you leveling as?

Entense Supporter
    Feral. You have to understand, im leveling ONLY to get to 80 in time for Cata, I have NO interest in 80 raiding or PvPing, if I did id use my pally, lock, priest, or warrior. Plus if I level slowly ill enjoy it and not burn out. I leveled the priest to 80 got him into raiding and after 4 weeks i was burned out, hes still logged out in Icecrown Citadel...

I just cant take this game seriously again, the amount of asstime I put in it makes me sick when I remember it. Its nice to play and hour MAYBE two a day.

Doing Uld25 hardmodes tonight with my guild. I quit my last guild before getting my drake and this current guild is just a casual one so we never really did hardmodes here, but this is so damn easy now. One shot everything up to Freya, three shot her, and we're about to do our first Firefighter pull..all in about an hour and a half. Have maybe like 10 PUGs here as well, hope we can finish these last three up without much trouble.

firefighter and yogg 1 sucked diiiiiiiiiiiicks when they were current content. I'm sure they'll be easier now because the dps should be ridiculous so you have more room for error and you just have to focus on not fucking up.

Vezax is a joke though, we killed him a few times then they did a huge nerf to him and we walked all over him. Just make sure you don't accidentally kill him before the animus comes out because we were capable of doing it after his nerf.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Yeah we got firefighter in under an hour of attempts. We had him on the third attempt, but he bugged out and kept doing fucking lazer barrage in p4 and killed like 20 people...i've never seen that before. Mother fucker just kept on spinning and dropping people, all the while doing his other abilities as well.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Antrax View Post
    I've been doing everything as boomkin the last few days to try and get used to it (heroics/shitty raids) and I think I have it down now. Can't wait until this weeks raids, but I don't get to DPS until Saurfang which might take a while since we're going to be working on HM Deathwhisper.
    Spam wrath until eclipse procs then spam starfire == boomkin in a nutshell.

Nah it's a bit more complicated than that now, regarding when you should apply Moonfire/Insect Swarm. Not that it's hard, but it requires actual thought beyond pressing 2-4 buttons like before.

Tonight is gonna be my first night in a guild 25 man as boomkin though, so I'm interested to see how I do compared to others. I think I have it pretty much down though.

Entense Supporter
    Any good pve combat rogues here? Few questions.

My Rogue was nothing more than a pvp alt until recently but even with just a little bit of gear he's able to outdps my warrior. Now he's pretty geared and I'm getting more into pve with him. Anways, I've only played mutilate...like ever, but last night I picked up the heroic 10man gunship axe and already have the 25 OH to go with it so now it's pretty much time to go combat.

Am I going to need to regem to all ArP?
    What kinda rotation do I do?
    Should I wait for more gear?
    Last edited by Glitch; 5/26/2010 at 12:53 pm.
    I will pound you
    and pound you
    until you quit.
    -Woody Hayes
    Former OSU Head Coach

I haven't been Combat yet on my rogue alt at 80 since I love Mutilate, but two buddies of mine raid Combat.

You'll want to gem ArP until cap. The cap for you should be 722, because you should have the Needle trinket from H. FoS. Hard cap is 1400, so with 722 ArP and the trinket proc you will be capped.

Rotation wise, you just wanna make sure to keep Slice & Dice up. Spam SS for combo points, eviscerate as your finisher. Instant poison MH, Deadly OH. Use Killing Spree and Blade Flurry together if you have multiple mobs, etc. Little things like that to increase DPS. Never use AR with KS of course.

As for waiting for gear, if you're completely geared for Mutilate right now (aka not much passive ArP) and thats the only item you've got, maybe you should pick a few more pieces up.

Here's my Mut rogue: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...geras&cn=Syrix

And my two friends combat rogues: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...geras&cn=Jorgo

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Complexity

Maybe get some gear/stat/gemming ideas from there.
    Last edited by Antrax; 5/26/2010 at 1:45 pm.

Entense Supporter
    You mean softcap Hardcap is before trinkets. But thanks, I really thought the rotation would be more in depth than that. Think I'll go ahead and hold off until I get better bracers and gloves with ArP and either DBW or NES.

Oh and question about your spec. Lightning Reflexes really worth the loss of Relentless Strikes and Opportunity?
    Last edited by Glitch; 5/26/2010 at 2:07 pm.
    I will pound you
    and pound you
    until you quit.
    -Woody Hayes
    Former OSU Head Coach

I didn't say 722 was hard cap, I just said it would be your cap with that trinket ArP after that point, while not wasted, is better spent elsewhere.

As for my spec, honestly I just copied it from what I saw other rogues using so I didn't really know why I was spec'ing it at first, just went with it. But now that I have a better understanding of the class and shit it is definitely better, haste is insanely good for Mut. Rogues poison procs, huge DPS boost.

Entense Supporter
    yeah that totally makes sense, thanks man. Definitely copying your spec when I get home to give it a go
    I will pound you
    and pound you
    until you quit.
    -Woody Hayes
    Former OSU Head Coach

Mutilate rotation in PVE is fucking ridiculous, lol. Open with Garrote, use HFB, 1 point S&D, spam Mutilate and Envenom. Don't Mutilate if you have 4 combo points since it's a waste, just use Envenom.

Literally that easy for insane DPS.

I'm a complete idiot and was going expertise/ArP and wondering why my DPS wasn't as great as other combat rogues. Thanks for the heads up haha. Need to regem and might turn him into my main play if it works well for me.

I need a offhand bad!! After reading all this boomkin stuff I went ahead and speced boomkin not realizing I have some crappy one from Naxx 10!!

Is there any offhands that drop in the new instances (I cannot raid so it has to be through a heroic).

H. HoR, last boss drops a very good offhand.

I ended up going back cat after my first boomkin 25 man raid. I didn't do terribly bad and I know I'd do better when I get used to shit, but I still don't know how much I'd like it all the time. Plus I got a Deathringers Will for cat too, so not bad.