User Tag List

Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118
Results 2,341 to 2,358 of 2358

Thread: World of Warcraft (Legion Edition)

Entense Supporter
    I'm in the legion beta, didn't even know until I selected alpha from the drop down menu on my bnet launcher (where you select region). Never got an email. Playing around on my laptop at work. Game isn't optimized well, of course tons of LUA errors, and my framerate is about half of what it is in live

legionDH.jpg

Entense Supporter
    Yeah I've been on there for a few weeks now, messing with the new version of Shadow Priest. Not sure how I feel about it right now but all of it could change dramatically between now and Live so I'm just trying to get a feel for it

Entense Supporter
    I just want my weakauras

so wierd playing a vanilla game

Entense Supporter
    Yeah base UI is dogshit and the new nameplates are especially shitty

Entense Supporter
    lvl cap of 108?

BANNED
    Skullcrusher
    Antrax: Relyt 80/Tauren/Warrior ; Adenia 80/Undead/Priest ; Antrex 71/Blood Elf/Paladin ; Entensity 70/Undead/Rogue ; Secular 70/Undead/Warlock ; Scythic 67/Tauren/Shaman ; Redempt 63/Orc/Hunter

Entense Supporter
    ^ what? Spambot

Buying a CM carry tomorrow, 350k. Get that sweet account wide weapon xmog.

Entense Supporter
    Damn the prices doubled during that last-chance Rush demand haha

I'm starting to post
    mesdk-blackrock horde if you want cmode carries fam

I have lots of Seniority jcLarke's Avatar
    My buddy wants me to play WoW with him. I haven't played since 2008 or so. Is farming enough gold for sub time actually viable and does legion look decent? I really don't want to pay $15 a month to be honest, I'm that cheap and really just want to play with some buddies so they aren't bored. I wish they gave a free month so I could try to farm for a month to get started :X
    swag

Most beta reviews and impressions are pretty positive about legion.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jcLarke View Post
    My buddy wants me to play WoW with him. I haven't played since 2008 or so. Is farming enough gold for sub time actually viable and does legion look decent? I really don't want to pay $15 a month to be honest, I'm that cheap and really just want to play with some buddies so they aren't bored. I wish they gave a free month so I could try to farm for a month to get started :X
    It was way easier last expansion, they were handing out gold through the garrison missions. Legion looks good and they cribbed a bunch of design ideas from D3 this time around too so there's kinda adventure mode, dungeon "keys" that level up and make the dungeon harder, etc.

There's less free gold being handed out than before so you'll have to actually work for your gold but there will for sure be things you can do to make the gold necessary, they will just take time or being smart on the auction house. And that's the real question: are you willing to spend enough time playing to earn the gold to pay for the sub? Because it may be more than you actually want to play.

Also right now token prices are about double what they started at because the playerbase reduced quite a bit over WOD's lifetime, about half. As Legion fires up we should see a surge of people coming back, which increases the token supply and the price should lower a bit, but you're still looking at trying to make between 25-40k gold every 30 days. This is doable in general, easy for someone with a lot of gold capital to throw around in the first place, a bit harder for someone starting from scratch. Your best bet would be watching out on YouTube/other sites for farming hotspots and gold-making ideas before they get nerfed, probably.

I've been paying more attention to the "getting raid ready" aspects of Legion during the beta since I have a nest egg I can sit on during the first few months before I have to start worrying about making gold again, so I'm not personally in the know on any hotspots that have been found in the beta, but I'm sure there are some. Smart players would be keeping their mouth shut about what they've found until the game goes live though, don't wanna get your gold fountain nerfed before you can actually use it after all.

I have lots of Seniority jcLarke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenkaris View Post
    It was way easier last expansion, they were handing out gold through the garrison missions. Legion looks good and they cribbed a bunch of design ideas from D3 this time around too so there's kinda adventure mode, dungeon "keys" that level up and make the dungeon harder, etc.

There's less free gold being handed out than before so you'll have to actually work for your gold but there will for sure be things you can do to make the gold necessary, they will just take time or being smart on the auction house. And that's the real question: are you willing to spend enough time playing to earn the gold to pay for the sub? Because it may be more than you actually want to play.

Also right now token prices are about double what they started at because the playerbase reduced quite a bit over WOD's lifetime, about half. As Legion fires up we should see a surge of people coming back, which increases the token supply and the price should lower a bit, but you're still looking at trying to make between 25-40k gold every 30 days. This is doable in general, easy for someone with a lot of gold capital to throw around in the first place, a bit harder for someone starting from scratch. Your best bet would be watching out on YouTube/other sites for farming hotspots and gold-making ideas before they get nerfed, probably.

I've been paying more attention to the "getting raid ready" aspects of Legion during the beta since I have a nest egg I can sit on during the first few months before I have to start worrying about making gold again, so I'm not personally in the know on any hotspots that have been found in the beta, but I'm sure there are some. Smart players would be keeping their mouth shut about what they've found until the game goes live though, don't wanna get your gold fountain nerfed before you can actually use it after all.
    I appreciate the response. I'm on the fence about it. Once September hits my free time drastically goes down, and all the sports games I enjoy start to get released but it might be worth getting back into even if I got a token every other month or something.
    swag

so I never thought I'd play one of those vanilla private servers. always thought I had to play retail because anything else doesn't really count and it can be shut down or whatever. Anyways, bunch of friends started playing on Elysium so I decided to check it out. Holy fuck, I can't honestly see myself playing retail again. This has been so fun and amazingly nostalgic. I always enjoyed leveling, and now it feels like an actual part of the game again rather than just a short setback before hitting max level.

Playing on Elysium: https://elysium-project.org/, Alliance Rogue named Syrix.

Entense Supporter
    i hate leveling

can i just skip to 60 and do arathi basin?

Entense Supporter
    been grinding away on kronos