User Tag List

Thread: FNH Five-Seven 5.7X28mm Pistol

FNH Five-Seven 5.7X28mm Pistol

Anyone own one of these? I was at work today fitting a lady for a holster pack when she pulled this out. Besides the expense i was looking for details on how they shoot and if its worth the $$.

You can't buy the armor piercing rounds that make it cool as a civilian, thus making civilian ownership of the gun pretty pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Speede View Post
    You can't buy the armor piercing rounds that make it cool as a civilian, thus making civilian ownership of the gun pretty pointless.
    um..... not pointless at all.... 20 round in a mag for a ccw is pretty badass along with the high muzzle velocity with the hollow point ammo makes it a pretty sweet little carry piece.

I shot a competition in mid Missouri at the CMMG shop and range and it was by far one of the most fun pistols to shoot. Nearly every target I put two rounds in, I double tapped as its very accurate. You really can't go wrong with any of FN's products. The only reason holding me back from pickin one of those bad boys up is the ammo expense. Not cheap to buy and not a whole lot cheaper to reload.

there has already been a thread regarding this weapon, and it's already been picked apart as to why it's a poor choice for a carry weapon

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
    Member of the Three Horns never play with Long Necks crew
    Entensity 'Roo Krew
    monkey sex pest (10:45:23 AM): ill fuck you til you love me faggot

and here i'll repost what points i made in the other thread, it's on the first page if you wanna read up more comments from others

i honestly wouldnt get one for self defense.

-it's a little bulky for comfortable CC
    -the original purpose of the round is to defeat soft armor, the rounds available to civilians penetrate gel 8-10 in with a narrow cavity. it will definitely stop someone, but depending on where you hit them they may be able to keep going.
    -ammo isnt the cheapest option, and not the easiest to find
    -for civilian application what you're basically getting is a .22 caliber round on steroids, like i said before the whole purpose of that weapon in the first place was to have a sidearm capable of defeating soft armor

on the plus side you have
    -high capacity
    -fun to shoot
    -low recoil

all in all, my opinion is if you're gonna drop that much cash on a weapon for self defense, start looking into calibers such as 9mm, .40, and .45

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
    Member of the Three Horns never play with Long Necks crew
    Entensity 'Roo Krew
    monkey sex pest (10:45:23 AM): ill fuck you til you love me faggot

Ahhhh, yes... shoots like a dream and is worth every cent. It is expensive, but then again what isnt. You dont buy one of these without intentions of getting AP rounds, and if you know where to look and what you're doing theyre easy to acquire. Most of the rounds are AP, they just don't label it AP. They have better than AP for it. BTW, you can get a 30 round clip or convert your 20 to a 30. you can get subsonic rounds to incendiary to special restricted, 900fps- 2800fps. The people commenting on why not to own one, obviously dont Everyone is right about one thing, it's expensive, but you can buy cheap rounds for practice and save the good stuff for self defense.

Somewhat Poster
    thread necromancy

Somewhat Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by puma244 View Post
    BTW, you can get a 30 round clip
    Glad you revived this thread for that little gem.