User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You can call me Doctor

Pimpin Member
    I officially start (post orientation) on Monday, so I'm having my last hurrah of drinking and debauchery this weekend... If only I knew how to properly debaucherize, I'd be set. Been in school so long and in relationships so long I've forgotten how to have "game." Why can't they just sex me now cause I'm a Dr? That would be easier...

Start ICU on Monday...

Bad-ass Member
    congrats on graduating, good luck in residency.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chekmate View Post
    I officially start (post orientation) on Monday, so I'm having my last hurrah of drinking and debauchery this weekend... If only I knew how to properly debaucherize, I'd be set. Been in school so long and in relationships so long I've forgotten how to have "game." Why can't they just sex me now cause I'm a Dr? That would be easier...

Start ICU on Monday...
    lol, there are plenty of sluts who'll fuck you for being a doctor. They're also the ones who'd get pregnant by you or get pregnant and claim it's yours

P.S. congrats

Pimpin Member
    Quote Originally Posted by uskrewed View Post
    lol, there are plenty of sluts who'll fuck you for being a doctor. They're also the ones who'd get pregnant by you or get pregnant and claim it's yours

P.S. congrats
    That would be fine... I'll pull out.

Pimpin Member
    Finished my first week... didn't kill anyone. Success!

Entense Supporter
    Grats mate. Still got a while to go for my Doctorate.

To those, in memory still bright, Entil'Zha Veni, in Valen's Name.

Pimpin Member
    Finished my first week... didn't kill anyone. Success!
    So, about 6 hours after I wrote this, my first patient coded and died. I wasn't there, and it wasn't my fault, but still...

Congrats Good luck!!! Now I can get some free care?? Just kidding!

chekmate, how many procedures/what type of hands on experience did you have in ms3 and ms4 that prepared you to just start residency? Did the first day after orientation they expect you to suture ppl up and do w.e. is asked like do you know what to do when someone codes, or when to put in a chest tube or is that all stuff you learn during residency (as opposed to perfect). the same thing goes witha pgy1 surgery resident, do they just start cracking chests lol i just am trying to understand the learning curve/knowledge obtained when they confer that MD or DO degree where now all the sudden your a doctor and you can do real things. sorry that doesn't make a lot of sense but do the best with what i wrote lol
    EF CREW

Pimpin Member
    Quote Originally Posted by russell View Post
    chekmate, how many procedures/what type of hands on experience did you have in ms3 and ms4 that prepared you to just start residency? Did the first day after orientation they expect you to suture ppl up and do w.e. is asked like do you know what to do when someone codes, or when to put in a chest tube or is that all stuff you learn during residency (as opposed to perfect). the same thing goes witha pgy1 surgery resident, do they just start cracking chests lol i just am trying to understand the learning curve/knowledge obtained when they confer that MD or DO degree where now all the sudden your a doctor and you can do real things. sorry that doesn't make a lot of sense but do the best with what i wrote lol
    I've only done a couple of thoracentesises since I've started since I'm on Pulmonary/ICU this month, but from what I've gathered so far by talking to others, is that they essentially assume you are retarded and judge you on how well you pick things up. For instance, I watched my first thoracentesis, then the second one he was like "go for it" and I gloved up and he stared at me while I did it. I suspect it's similar on other rotations. They start you off slow...

Are you doing a transitional year, or what did you match into? Did you take USMLE to match into an allopathic residency?

PS3: ResidentTruth

Pimpin Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the truth View Post
    Are you doing a transitional year, or what did you match into? Did you take USMLE to match into an allopathic residency?
    I matched into an Emergency Medicine program, no transitional year. I took the USMLE and did well enough (Step 1 225, didn't take Step 2) on it, but there were several DO programs in the area that I was interested in as well, so I made a short list of DO programs and MD programs, but the DO match comes first, and I matched into one, so no MD for me. In hindsight I should have probably just done the MD match, but the anxiety that came with the possibility of not matching made me play it overly safe.

Posting Slut
    Chekmate, first off congrats bro, second off I have this nagging question that keeps bothering me. You know when you eat something that you don't like or swallow a big ass pill and your eyes shut and your head shakes a little bit? It seems involuntary but I was wondering if there is a medical term for this. If you need more info I'll try to expand but for now... deal with it
    My Sig is WAY too big. Now I've read the rules.

lol what the fuck

damn, good shit, now try to not kill anyone (jk). if you get a job in a hospital you have to do me a favor and compare it to scrubs. now for a question, whats the best way to add 4 inches to my weener?
    Last edited by tweekyn; 10/07/2010 at 4:02 pm.

Pimpin Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dongo View Post
    Chekmate, first off congrats bro, second off I have this nagging question that keeps bothering me. You know when you eat something that you don't like or swallow a big ass pill and your eyes shut and your head shakes a little bit? It seems involuntary but I was wondering if there is a medical term for this. If you need more info I'll try to expand but for now... deal with it
    I don't think it has a specific name, but I think it's a consequence of suppressing the gag reflex.
    Quote Originally Posted by tweekyn View Post
    damn, good shit, now try to not kill anyone (jk). if you get a job in a hospital you have to do me a favor and compare it to scrubs. now for a question, whats the best way to add 4 inches to my weener?
    Scrubs is actually one of the more medically accurate shows, as far as residency goes, though everything is a bit less formal and a bit more harsh than real life. Not as much sex in real life either (dammit!!!) As far as growing your shlong, trying shaving and getting an erection... at the same time!

GRATS! DING!

I don't think it has a specific name, but I think it's a consequence of suppressing the gag reflex.

Scrubs is actually one of the more medically accurate shows, as far as residency goes, though everything is a bit less formal and a bit more harsh than real life. Not as much sex in real life either (dammit!!!) As far as growing your shlong, trying shaving and getting an erection... at the same time!
    now youre just yankin my balls with the shaving and erection thing. cmon now

This is really awesome! Congrats man! I might've missed it in the thread, but where did you go?

Pimpin Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tweekyn View Post
    now youre just yankin my balls with the shaving and erection thing. cmon now
    Yanking on balls might work. Some people stretch their wangs daily with weights. I hear it can give you erectile dysfunction though, so I wouldn't try it. Try Puberty, that's what's did it for me...