User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 117: Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen

Quote Originally Posted by brjo555 View Post
    He may have lost 4 rounds, but for rounds 2-4 Silva did more damage from the bottom than Sonnen did from the top.
    Huh?
    http://www.compustrike.com/stats_fil...lva-Sonnen.HTM

man that was a great main event last night. i knew silva was going to pull this off, even if he was getting battered. my group of buddies i was watching it with (we were all rooting silva) all swung and started cheering for sonnen after he kept laying the beatdown during the first 2 rds. shit i was fucking surprised when sonnen caught silvas stepping with those 3 bombs in rd 1. from then on i was gripped. silva got challenged finally, just like dana white wanted, and he still came out on top, tho not as clean a his previous contentions.

INTENSE!

sorry....ENTENSE!

Entense Supporter
    he's probably referring to the the cuts and damage silva did

because we all know it's not about how many times you can playfully tap someone on the face, it's about how many times you can stick an elbow to their brow

Someone posts A LOT
    80% of Sonnen's strikes were just to make it look like he wasn't just laying on him for 5 rounds straight.
    He stopped with the real damage like halfway through the second round.

Silva was throwing elbows from the bottom and cut Sonnen with one shot.

Yeah, he did more damage.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by brjo555 View Post
    Hendo did that too, it almost isn't worth doing to a good BJJ guy imo.
    bjj makes you not need to be able to breathe?

also, no question silva did more damage, but how much you're bleeding isn't how a fight is scored.

Someone posts A LOT
    Quote Originally Posted by sissy ass school girl bitch View Post
    bjj makes you not need to be able to breathe?
    Leaving arms in against someone with submission skills seems like maybe not the best trade off for them breathing a little less.

Entense Supporter
    well when it takes 23 minutes for someone at the level of silva to finally do something about it, i'd say it's a worth while trade off.

Someone posts A LOT
    well when it takes 23 minutes for someone at the level of silva to finally do something about it, i'd say it's a worth while trade off.
    He was lucky to get out of the Kimora that Silva tried earlier.

So you're saying that potentially losing is worth it? Just because it was in a later round?

Entense Supporter
    why do people talk about luck in these situations? it was luck that silva got the triangle, it was luck that sonnen got out of the kimora, it definitely wasn't the years of training and hard work and elite skill by both of them.

trying anything on your opponent carries the potential of it being reversed or exploited, and causing you to lose. impeding the oxygen intake of your opponent is an effective strategy, but leaves your arms out there and could lead to you getting submitted. so does punching him. so does being inside his guard. so does fighting him at all.

Someone posts A LOT
    why do people talk about luck in these situations? it was luck that silva got the triangle, it was luck that sonnen got out of the kimora, it definitely wasn't the years of training and hard work and elite skill by both of them.

trying anything on your opponent carries the potential of it being reversed or exploited, and causing you to lose. impeding the oxygen intake of your opponent is an effective strategy, but leaves your arms out there and could lead to you getting submitted. so does punching him. so does being inside his guard. so does fighting him at all.
    I see your point.
    I just wouldn't have done it, but I'm also not a professional fighter.

It was a dominating performance by Sonnen for the most part, but holy fuck were those last few rounds boring.

Entense Supporter
    i'm no pro-fighter either, not even amateur (unless you count my regular beatings i used to take) but i'm obsessed with this shit and watch every fight i can see. i get the HD channels just so i get HDNET just so i can see dream, sengoku, k-1, king of the cage, etc. events.

trust me, i'm first to admit i HATE HATE HATE gsp/fitch style of lay and hump style fighting, but i was going insane during every round of this fight. it was so exciting to me and just insane to see silva so dominated, so unable to do anything at all.

i wonder just how busted up his ribs were.

I can imagine silva waiting til the last round to pull that triangle
    I'd like to think, at that moment, after seemingly dominating a champion for all 4 rounds, chael's head probably wasn't focused. Probably filled with thoughts like, 'wow this is so easy.... I'm embarrassing the champion... he couldn't do anything for last 4 rounds what could he possibly do this last round? nothing', that he may make mental mistakes

i'm no pro-fighter either, not even amateur (unless you count my regular beatings i used to take) but i'm obsessed with this shit and watch every fight i can see. i get the HD channels just so i get HDNET just so i can see dream, sengoku, k-1, king of the cage, etc. events.

trust me, i'm first to admit i HATE HATE HATE gsp/fitch style of lay and hump style fighting, but i was going insane during every round of this fight. it was so exciting to me and just insane to see silva so dominated, so unable to do anything at all.

i wonder just how busted up his ribs were.
    Yeah, when the ref went to raise Silva's arm at the end, it looked like he could barely stand for it to be held up. I bet those are nice a sore. I loved seeing Silva dominated, he has been such a dick lately.

What not many people noticed including me the first time watching is right before Anderson slapped on that triangle. He punched Chael from the bottom right in the face. And I don't wanna say it rocked Chael but it deffinitly hurt, cause he immeaditly put his hand up and dropped his head, which led to Anderson slapping that triangle on.

It was a great fight, and Anderson does what champions do and that is win, end of story. I cannot wait for Vitor to fight him, because its gonna be the two best techniqual strikers in the game going at it and its just going to be beautiful

Someone posts A LOT Shlong Connery's Avatar
    Chael dominated that entire fight until Silva pulled that triangle out of his ass in desperation in the 5 round.. if the fight would have went to decision, Chael would have been the victor for sure

damn so i just watched that whole fight and yes it looks like chael sonnen dominated the whole fight but idk, i feel like silva was still cool and calm throughout most of those hardships. he was doing what he could from the bottom and those elbows were hurting sonnen more then osnnens weak jabs were hurting silva imo. now i could be wrong and silva couldve actually been hurt and winded those first 4 rds, i just dont buy it.

Someone posts A LOT Shlong Connery's Avatar
    yea true but i dont understand why a skilled fighter like silva would purposely give up the mount and let chael pummel him

Posting Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Shlong Connery View Post
    Chael dominated that entire fight until Silva pulled that triangle out of his ass in desperation in the 5 round.. if the fight would have went to decision, Chael would have been the victor for sure
    Well no shit he would have won you genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Shlong Connery View Post
    yea true but i dont understand why a skilled fighter like silva would purposely give up the mount and let chael pummel him
    very good point im not saying it was this way the whole fight i just never lose faith in silva. he barely looks winded at the end of his rds, i dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafiaisco View Post
    What not many people noticed including me the first time watching is right before Anderson slapped on that triangle. He punched Chael from the bottom right in the face. And I don't wanna say it rocked Chael but it deffinitly hurt, cause he immeaditly put his hand up and dropped his head, which led to Anderson slapping that triangle on.

It was a great fight, and Anderson does what champions do and that is win, end of story. I cannot wait for Vitor to fight him, because its gonna be the two best techniqual strikers in the game going at it and its just going to be beautiful
    I fucking hope Vitor Knocks his ass out..

Silva is the biggest bitch in the UFC.. Sonnon won this fight. I'm still not conviced he even tapped..
    Last edited by MrKidFresh; 8/10/2010 at 4:55 pm.