User Tag List

Thread: Anchorage, Alaska.

Anchorage, Alaska.

Anyone been there? Anything to report as far as cool stuff to check out? Places to stay away from? Tours to go on, plane rides to take, ect....

Someone posts A LOT chigger2508's Avatar
    hey man i have been there and it was a blast. i see you posted this quite a while ago, so just PM me if you haven't left yet and i can tell you some stuff.

Holy shit I rule! PM ME FOR REDDIT LINKS's Avatar
    I've always wanted to go to Alaska in the summer, everyone I've talked to said it was a blast.
    SpearFishing Crew

just sent you a pm back jimmy. here is the link to Rust's again, http://www.flyrusts.com/alaska-fly-in-fishing.html
    like i said, we got the 495/person package and it was worth every penny. here are some pics of me and my bro

thats me on the right. those are all fishing, here's the hiking pics.

we drove up to the alaskan pipeline and checked it out, its pretty sweet. called the alyeska pipeline.
    (not my pics)

and this is where is travels

all in all- best vacation ever. i would have more pics but lost most of them on the move to windows 7. have fun man!

Awesome man, those hiking pics have me pumped, those are some huge ass fish too! I can't wait to go. Hopefully there are some cool areas with fall colors up there, not sure if the trees up that way really change or not.

Daily Dose of Vitamin Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Shitrus's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    In a sewer with my hamster pal, but the sanitation workers really didn't approve so i packed my accordian and had to move to a city in ohio where i lived in a tree and i worked in a nasal decongestant factory and i play on the company bowling team
    check out the mooses tooth pizza joint in the city, GREAT pizza with weird toppings and shit

are you planning on driving up to denali nat park? if so dude youll have a blast. driving to seward? id go see exit glacier, you can hike pretty much up to the top. if you do and you sign the logbook, look back to the summer of 03 and look for my name. Cyrus Neiheisel.

been to AK twice and would def go again
    Last edited by Shitrus; 8/11/2010 at 7:24 am.
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby View Post
    in after worthless attempt to refute shitrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    lolllll my man said condoms
    Quote Originally Posted by Nok View Post
    listen to citrus, nigga knows his shit

ohhhh ya. would def recommend the glacier cruise out of seward. the water in the coves is so crazy blue. and we took a bus tour thru denali... it was like 8 hrs long.... little too long for my taste but we did see bears and moose and stuff. we didnt get to see the peak, because its covered with clouds most of the year. i want to move to alaska during the summers haha. idk about 24 hr dark and all that snow in the winter

Daily Dose of Vitamin Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Shitrus's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    In a sewer with my hamster pal, but the sanitation workers really didn't approve so i packed my accordian and had to move to a city in ohio where i lived in a tree and i worked in a nasal decongestant factory and i play on the company bowling team
    yeah like 24 hr sunlight is any better you tard

plus, places like anchorage and fairbanks have a 200 degree temp swing, it can be -100 in the winter and 100 in the summer. shit can be brutal

when i went to denali np the second time, the whole day the peak was visible, we took the bus tour up to the top and saw a wolf eating a caribou leg on the side of the rode, and the bus scared it and it started running across the road with the leg in its mouth. it was so lol

i also went to katmai np and that was baller as fuck. brooks camp and walking around with bears was so cool
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby View Post
    in after worthless attempt to refute shitrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    lolllll my man said condoms
    Quote Originally Posted by Nok View Post
    listen to citrus, nigga knows his shit