User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks

I'm starting to post
    Quote Originally Posted by mas View Post
    All your players are bad. If you consider gallo and randolph as centerpieces, lol.

Amare is not top 5. There is more to basketball than scoring.
    I said Amare is a top 5 PF. You would be lying to yourself if you think there are five others in the league that are more dominant at that position.

And have you ever seen Gallo or Randolph play other then when they are up against your precious Lakers? Most likely not cause they show so much potential. This isn't just my opinion, Randolph has been hyped by several sports writers around the league. I am not trying to imply that we are going to win it all next year but to say that all of our players are bad is just asinine. Raymond Felton is also going to breakout next year being able to play in the SSOL scheme that D'Antoni uses.

The Knicks roster is young, talented, and playing with a chip on their shoulders; its going to be a good year, the first in awhile.

New York thinks everyone wants and needs to play in New York

im pretty sure sam is not a Lakers fan.

anywho, Amare is a top 5 pf, i would agree with that statement. the guy can score at will. he lacks D. but its ok, in dantoni's offense you don't need to play any.

knicks can make an attempt at locking up a lower seed and a 1st round exit w/ boston, orlando, chicago, or.... miami

I'm starting to post
    Thought I might bump this thread since Melo has been traded to the Knicks. I am cautiously skeptical of this trade just because we had to give up way more than I thought we would. In case anyone hasn't already read the details of the trade:

New York gets:
    Carmelo Anthony
    Chauncey Billups
    Shelden Williams
    Anthony Carter
    Renaldo Balkman
    along with Corey Brewer from Minnesota

New York loses:
    Danilo Gallinari (I shed a single tear, this dude was all New York and loved to play here. I'm sure he will flourish wherever he ends up playing.)
    Raymond Felton
    Wilson Chandler
    Timofey Mozgov
    Eddy Curry
    Anthony Randolph
    2014 First Round pick
    Two Second Round picks

We basically swapped PGs, lost two other starters, and alot of depth on our bench to get Carmelo, Sheldon and Brewer. Like I said before, I think we traded a few too many pieces but in the end we got our 2nd superstar. Here's to not having a first-round exit in the playoffs!

I still dont see the Knicks getting past the first round this year. Like you said Graphic, they gave up a ton to get him. In the long run, I think the trade will help them, but as of now, they are very thin. I don't really see them upsetting anyone this year in the playoffs, whether its Boston, Miami, Chicago, or Orlando, but once they get their draft in and FA occurs after this year, I think they will be a top seed team for years to come.

Entensity Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by graphic View Post
    Thought I might bump this thread since Melo has been traded to the Knicks. I am cautiously skeptical of this trade just because we had to give up way more than I thought we would. In case anyone hasn't already read the details of the trade:

New York gets:
    Carmelo Anthony
    Chauncey Billups
    Shelden Williams
    Anthony Carter
    Renaldo Balkman
    along with Corey Brewer from Minnesota

New York loses:
    Danilo Gallinari (I shed a single tear, this dude was all New York and loved to play here. I'm sure he will flourish wherever he ends up playing.)
    Raymond Felton
    Wilson Chandler
    Timofey Mozgov
    Eddy Curry
    Anthony Randolph
    2014 First Round pick
    Two Second Round picks

We basically swapped PGs, lost two other starters, and alot of depth on our bench to get Carmelo, Sheldon and Brewer. Like I said before, I think we traded a few too many pieces but in the end we got our 2nd superstar. Here's to not having a first-round exit in the playoffs!
    Knicks didn't really give up much at all, the move wasn't made for this season, so they basically just gave up Gallinari and picks, they were going to h ave to get rid of Chandler to make cap room for melo, and curry and randolph weren't in their future plans, and they got Chauncey, and Mozgov's only highlight this year has been getting dunked on by Blake Griffin. They really just gave up a bunch of garbage, and got adequate replacements for them in return and plus one of the best scorers in the league in. New York fans are way overstating the talent of just a bunch of role players.

And next year when Williams or Chris Paul sign with the Knicks, they'll be as good a big three as there is in the league, and I would take them over the Heat any day.

I'm starting to post
    I won't lie, this is basically a brand new team and I don't know how we will match up against the other teams in the East. I wouldn't bet the house on it, but if we can start to gel by playoffs I don't see why we couldn't at least contend with the Bulls/Magic/Heat.

Carnie, my biggest beef is that we lost Mozgov, a legitimate bigman (still in development I know). Now we have zero depth at the 5 and basically still fucked at the 1 when Billups gets his downtime. And I only think we didn't have to lose him because the Knicks were supposed to have had all the leverage but when you have an assclown owner like Dolan I guess I can't say Im surprised he overpaid.

But most importantly, I agree with your last point. A trio of Paul or Williams/Amare/Melo is better than Wade/James/Bosh. The problem with that is both teams have no bench and will definitely struggle come playoffs against deep teams like the Celts and Bulls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf8qDkgXQdg

HES WEARING A KNICKS HAT. AHA THAT SHIT IS SURREAL.
    Last edited by graphic; 2/22/2011 at 9:40 pm.

I have lots of Seniority jcLarke's Avatar
    The Knicks are not a contender to win it all yet but it was definitely necessary for them to make this move. Melo was totally worth anything they gave up and to be honest I dont think they gave up "way too much" for him. I am a Laker fan but have been very neutral with the Knicks for a long time. It will definitely be exciting to see these guys play and bring the Knicks back up to a high level of basketball.
    swag

Entensity Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by graphic View Post

Carnie, my biggest beef is that we lost Mozgov, a legitimate bigman (still in development I know). Now we have zero depth at the 5 and basically still fucked at the 1 when Billups gets his downtime. And I only think we didn't have to lose him because the Knicks were supposed to have had all the leverage but when you have an assclown owner like Dolan I guess I can't say Im surprised he overpaid.

But most importantly, I agree with your last point. A trio of Paul or Williams/Amare/Melo is better than Wade/James/Bosh. The problem with that is both teams have no bench and will definitely struggle come playoffs against deep teams like the Celts and Bulls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf8qDkgXQdg

HES WEARING A KNICKS HAT. AHA THAT SHIT IS SURREAL.
    I dunno, I doubt Mozgov will pan out to be a top 5 bigman in the league, and it's not like the league is deep with elite centers that can exploit the lack of depth there. So I pull the trigger on the deal every day, you can get a big man like Mozgov anywhere, you know what you have in 'Melo, no matter who you give up, because none of them equal a top 5 superstar in the league, you can find a serviceable big man that can run the court in the high pace offense, and they'll do just fine.

And don't worry about Billups, what he lacks in flash, he makes up for in playoff experience, and leadership, he's one of the most clutch point guards the league has seen, he just does work, and gets his job done, he didn't win a Finals MVP for nothing. He'll do just fine for this year and next to get them through to Williams/Paul.

I think they can contend with any team in the east, but an addition of a true 5 spot would really give them a chance at making a deep run. Everyone knows what Chauncey and Melo can do together, and Amare is an upgrade to KMart...but I dont' see anything else that would make me believe that this team is better than the Nuggets were....

I'm starting to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnie View Post
    I dunno, I doubt Mozgov will pan out to be a top 5 bigman in the league, and it's not like the league is deep with elite centers that can exploit the lack of depth there. So I pull the trigger on the deal every day, you can get a big man like Mozgov anywhere, you know what you have in 'Melo, no matter who you give up, because none of them equal a top 5 superstar in the league, you can find a serviceable big man that can run the court in the high pace offense, and they'll do just fine.

And don't worry about Billups, what he lacks in flash, he makes up for in playoff experience, and leadership, he's one of the most clutch point guards the league has seen, he just does work, and gets his job done, he didn't win a Finals MVP for nothing. He'll do just fine for this year and next to get them through to Williams/Paul.
    I would love it if we could get a big man that could run in a fast paced offense but as of right now the options are extremely limited. That's why I thought keeping Mozgov was so key to the Knicks eventually winning a chip. I don't think bigs like Timofey are around everywhere or else the Knicks would already have one to replace him. I will say it again, I am glad that we got Melo; just not at the price that we paid.

As for Chauncey, I think hes actually an upgrade over Felton. Felton took way too many shots and rarely looked to pass other than to set up a pick and roll with Amare. I too think he will suffice as a transitional PG until we get CP3 or Deron.

dude I think Chauncey is a huge upgrade.....And don't bank on getting CP3...Deron with the nets.

Entensity Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by mcb5062 View Post
    dude I think Chauncey is a huge upgrade.....And don't bank on getting CP3...Deron with the nets.
    CP3 wants to be in New York, the Hornets are a mess right now as far as ownership goes, the only thing that could potentially stop him from going there is a hard salary cap.

I'm starting to post
    Yeah the only reason we had a shot at Carmelo and will have a chance with CP3 is that they both want to play in New York. Not sure how exactly we will afford to get CP3 but Donnie Walsh (GM) has stated firmly that the Knicks will have cap space for a third (close to max) free agent.

On another note, the Knicks won last night against an injury-riddled Bucks team. We allowed them over 100 points which is pretty disgusting, but in the end a win is a win and our team literally just met each other. What I've seen so far, Amare and Melo can coexist pretty well, having both on one team forces the opposition to double one and let the other roam freely. Hopefully the team realizes that Amare doesn't need to force shots into triple coverage anymore.

Tonight against the Cavs should be another W, the real test comes Sunday when they face the Heat.

I can't wait to see how many points per game they give up...melo and amare are 2 of the top defensive players in the league. I'm thinking you will rarely see a game below 100 points by either side.

Entensity Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by mcb5062 View Post
    I can't wait to see how many points per game they give up...melo and amare are 2 of the top defensive players in the league. I'm thinking you will rarely see a game below 100 points by either side.
    Is this sarcasm? Melo and Amare top 2 defensive players?

queensbridge rawb deep :l r a w b's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnie View Post
    Is this sarcasm? Melo and Amare top 2 defensive players?
    lol yeah, what the fuck?

i like melo to NY (obviously), but management fucked up with the trade - they gave too much. walsh probably got nervous about new jersey talks, and buckled. if they were smart they would have just been firm with melo: "listen, we want you. you want to come to new york. we're gonna do our best to get you, but we don't want to compromise the team you could join next year. finish out in denver. if we can't get you, and come next season." i don't care about the cba, melo would have waited. i think he wanted new york that much.

losing the picks isn't a huge deal, this next draft isn't something special. i'm a billups fan (despite hating denver), but he's not the run and gun PG that made felton perfect for d'antonis scheme. chandler was playing good and gallinari's a dynamic role player who's now also gone. mozgov was a project, hard to really evaluate his value. but their bench is shallow. you're not a top threat until you have a deep, able bench.

chauncey will prob head home after this season, and ny might pick up a good pg, but i still think they gave too much. i think denver did a spectacular fucking job with their situation. and i normally HATE denver (seeing the lakers lose here multiple times in the last few years and being at the games..add that with all your friends at boulder being denver fans talking shit). but denver front office won.
    Last edited by r a w b; 2/25/2011 at 12:38 pm.

obviously sarcasm...that's why I said every team will score over 100 on them. Good defensive teams play defense in the low to mid 90's

queensbridge rawb deep :l r a w b's Avatar
    Entense Supporter