User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks

great game tonight...it's pretty tough to beat the cavs on their home court...

I'm being sarcastic, just in case anyone doesn't get it...just goes to show that you can't just throw a bunch of scorers on a team and expect greatness...it's going to take a while, I'm guessing a few years before they are actual title contenders.

On the other hand, I absolutely love the thunder to start contending against the western powerhouses.

I'm starting to post
    Lakers lost to the Cavs in a much worse fashion a few nights ago, it happens. I'm not saying the Knicks are as good as the Lakers but just giving an example of a good team losing to the Cavs.

Tonight was pretty awful, zero defense, zero rebounding and no chemistry. This was entirely expected as the team has hardly played together but I think the real problem lies with the coach. I don't think D'Antoni's SSOL system is at a championship level and will probably have to change HCs if we want a shot at a title.

We don't really have a mobile, defensive presence right now so in my opinion the team is still incomplete. Honestly, I am not too sure who I would want to pick up right now. The market for skilled big men is looking pretty barren.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic View Post
    We don't really have a mobile, defensive presence right now so in my opinion the team is still incomplete. Honestly, I am not too sure who I would want to pick up right now. The market for skilled big men is looking pretty barren.
    Its not even the lack of a big man to play defense. Our players just straight up don't play defense. I think your right about D'Antoni, I don't think he is what the Knicks need to chase a title. They need to address that, and hopefully maybe someone can inspire them to get back and actually play some D.

Entensity Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwinks View Post
    Its not even the lack of a big man to play defense. Our players just straight up don't play defense. I think your right about D'Antoni, I don't think he is what the Knicks need to chase a title. They need to address that, and hopefully maybe someone can inspire them to get back and actually play some D.
    you could have the best defenders ever to play the game and D'antoni would still ignore that aspect of the game. That said though, his system didn't work in the west, but I think they could come out of the east under him, probably not this year though.

Wow Knicks holding Lebron and co. to 52 in final 3 quarters...knicks for real?

I'm starting to post
    What a great game, definitely had a playoff feel to it. Its surprising what defensive effort can do for a team....

Oh and I'm already in the process of buying my Chauncey jersey. Straight up beast.

agreed...one of the most underrated players in the league..They are pretty strong at every position now except center, but if they can play d like that they will make it deep into the playoffs

I'm starting to post
    Our biggest weakness is definitely at the 5. Other than that we have to worry about Fields being a rookie while starting on a legitimate team. I was afraid he was going to really defer to the superstars on the team and just camp out outside the 3point line but he really tried to get his own shot tonight. Albeit, he shot horribly and was probably why he was benched at the end of the game but shows he isn't afraid. Going to be an interesting season from now on, that's for certain.

Someone posts A LOT
    Turiaf is serviceable on defense and is a good role player, with Melo and Amare on the court as well, you guys have crazy size.

Last night's game is why this trend of superstars coming together is good for the NBA. Sorry, small-market, but it's more fun to watch the top 4 scorers in the league in the same game.

Entense Supporter
    I agree on that point. I haven't been such a big fan of everyone joining up, but it's certainly made me care about watching a lot more regular season games.
    Quote Originally Posted by k33g0rz
    the song 9 times 2 represents the confusion a teenager feels growing up not knowing basic scientific or logical thinking

I'm starting to post
    Turiaf, as much as I love his energy and passion for the game, is simply not good enough to be our starting center if we want to go deep in the playoffs. Hes made of glass and has stretches where he is not contributing anything but a hard foul here and there.

A superstar league is definitely a plus for the sport as regular season games begin to garner playoff-like attention. Unfortunately, it will probably lead to a contraction of sorts and small-market teams find it even more difficult to make a run at the title.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic View Post
    Turiaf, as much as I love his energy and passion for the game, is simply not good enough to be our starting center if we want to go deep in the playoffs. Hes made of glass and has stretches where he is not contributing anything but a hard foul here and there.

A superstar league is definitely a plus for the sport as regular season games begin to garner playoff-like attention. Unfortunately, it will probably lead to a contraction of sorts and small-market teams find it even more difficult to make a run at the title.
    Not to mention the fact he is more of a 4 than a 5. To your point, I don't think anyone really expects the 5 seed or lower to make any real noise in the playoffs. With these "supestar teams", I think it gives the lower seeds, including the Knicks a shot to go all the way. (I know, a true longshot, but still possible)

I'm starting to post
    Praying we don't lose to the Cavs three times in a row this season...

I'm starting to post killa bees's Avatar
    I got the sixers overtaking the Knicks for that 6th spot before the end of the season. We play great team d and our bench is as deep as there is in the league. No star playa ala the knicks but we get it done on the court.

Entensity Vet
    Sixers are really flying under the radar, but I don't see them moving up past the 6, when chauncey gets back to 100%, and the Knicks continues to gel with their new look, they're going to be threatening the hawks for the 5 seed.

I'm starting to post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Atlanta fall to the 6th or 7th seed. They don't play well when it matters, regular season All Stars. To be fair, I don't know how good the Knicks are yet. We are certainly better than we were before the Melo trade but not by a large amount and our depth is a concern. The largest positive I can take from the past few games is that D'Antoni is adjusting his system and is no longer running a true SSOL. We are actually playing team defense and taking time with our shots, I guess we can afford to do so with the talent that our team currently has.

On a side note, I'm pretty torn about the Jared Jeffries signing. Hes the most lopsided player I've ever seen, probably more offensively handicapped than Ben Wallace. But he certainly knows how to take a charge and crash the boards, something we had very little of before.
    Last edited by graphic; 3/07/2011 at 5:57 pm.

I think the best chance of the Knicks making some noise in the playoffs is if they match up against the heat. If the heat falls to the 3rd seed I think the Knicks could stand a chance at beating them in a best of 7. The Bulls are looking way good right now and I think they are the team to beat in the east. I'm hoping we don't get matched with them in the playoffs.

I think they have a shot against any team, but it would be good to avoid chicago and orlando....Boston is dangerous, but I think they match up well.

I'm starting to post
    Just bumping this topic to update the Knicks clinching a playoff spot. While we aren't playing the best basketball right now I'm still pretty pumped to at least have a shot at the postseason. Hopefully we can play spoilers against the Heat in the first round, would be just like old times.

Someone posts A LOT
    The Bulls are looking unstoppable. They actually have a team that plays defense and are filled with effective role players.

The Celtics do know how to turn it on in the playoffs though, so anything could happen there.