User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks

I'm starting to post

New York Knicks

Any Knicks fans in here that are as excited for the next few years as I am? With all of the remnants of Isiah finally gone (minus Eddy Curry) and a solid, high-potential young core, I am so pumped for the future for the first time in a decade.
    Currently signed players that I am big on:

Wilson Chandler (well balanced player, might not be on the team for much longer if we are looking to acquire Melo/CP3)
    Danilo Gallinari (huge potential from this kid, going to be the future centerpiece of the team)
    Amar'e Stoudemire (goes without saying, our big signing of the offseason. Top 5 PF in the league)
    Anthony Randolph (this kid has got game, and still only like 21-22. going to be another centerpiece for us unless we deal him for Melo)
    Ronny Turiaf (big man with tons of energy)
    Kelenna Azubuike (have heard some good things about him, not too familiar with his play though)
    Timofey Mosgov (just recently signed project from the Russian basketball league. 7' 1" with lots of hustle, could go either way since hes so unproven)
    Raymond Felton (huge pickup for us, desperately needed to get a pure PG that looks to feed the ball)

Rookies:
    Landry Fields (our 2nd second round pick. Has shown potential in the summer league games so far)

Hopefully we will make the playoffs this year in the 6-8th seed. I don't see it being too difficult as we will be battling with the Bobcats (who have only gotten worse) and the Bucks (top 5 seeds in the East are locked with Orlando, Miami, Boston, Atlanta and Chicago).

On a side note, I am almost glad that we didn't sign LeBron as his character has shown that he is unable/unwilling to lead a team to a championship.
    Here's a fun clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7xlzLOZH5c

GO KNICKS.

until you guys hire isiah back as gm

Entensity Vet
    I also like the Knick's playoff chances this year, the bottom four spots are there for the taking. And it sounds like CP3 is interested in going to the Knicks, I can't see a situation where they get both CP3 and Melo though.

But I can't see good things lasting very long, James Dolan is just the worst owner ever, like a Jerry Jones with no real knowledge of the game, and to even joke about bringing Isiah back is just not funny, and using him to make a last pitch to Lebron is laughable, and just shows that no one in that front office really gets it, Donnie Walsh should know better.

I don't see the Knicks scratching the playoffs this year. At best you got rid of David Lee for an equally skilled (yet more paid) Amare Stoudemire. Without the court vision and ability to spread the floor of the Suns you'll see Stoudemire's lack of defense and physical rebounding outweigh his ability to score in the paint.

But I am pretty stoked on Gallinari and the Felton pick up though. Hopefully CP3 and Melo go to NYC next season and make the Eastern Conference something formidable again.

melo is a free agent. cp3 is still under contract. he wants to go to the heat. he was part of the olympic pack. bosh, wade, lebitch, paul

Entense Supporter
    Checking in.

NYKMMA

Im not a Knicks fan, but being a UNC grad I am a fan of basketball and always cheer for our alumni. Ray thrived at UNC in a fast paced offense, similar to what D'antoni runs, so I am anxious to see him next year in NY.

cp3 said at melo's wedding he was gonna form his own big 3 with himself, melo, and amare.

so im gonna go ahead and say this... the hornets are gonna tell cp3 to stfu and keep his ass. melo will most likely leave, since he hasnt taken that 3yr 60+m extension from denver.

2011-2012 roster for the knicks could look like:

felton
    chandler
    melo
    gallinari
    amare

bench:
    azubuike, turiaf, randolph, rautins, and whoever else those guys have. [thats all i can remember off the top of my head]

even without a cp3, the knicks are a very formidable team. well, if they can add carmelo.

and its not like they need to get a deep bench either. dantoni only runs 8-9 man rotations.

Entense Supporter
    only way we're getting cp3 this year is if we take okafors contract as well and shell out either gallo or randolph plus a couple of other guys.

I like this trade idea that i saw over at P&T
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=26x96qy

NYKMMA

bobcat fan here... felton is ok on the break, but he has no clue how to run a halfcourt offense. kinda big deal if you want to win playoff games, but i guess you can burn that bridge when you get there.
    i like... ellipses...

I'm starting to post
    Quote Originally Posted by st3vo View Post
    cp3 said at melo's wedding he was gonna form his own big 3 with himself, melo, and amare.

so im gonna go ahead and say this... the hornets are gonna tell cp3 to stfu and keep his ass. melo will most likely leave, since he hasnt taken that 3yr 60+m extension from denver.

2011-2012 roster for the knicks could look like:

felton
    chandler
    melo
    gallinari
    amare

bench:
    azubuike, turiaf, randolph, rautins, and whoever else those guys have. [thats all i can remember off the top of my head]

even without a cp3, the knicks are a very formidable team. well, if they can add carmelo.

and its not like they need to get a deep bench either. dantoni only runs 8-9 man rotations.
    Before signing Amar'e, the Knicks promised that he would be able to play in his natural 4 position and that his minutes, if any, would be limited at the 5.

I am really unexcited about the recent CP3 news. Most likely scenario will be that the Hornets do nothing and CP3 will be forced to play for the rest of his contract. In a slim, slim offchance the Hornets are willing to trade their franchise player to the Knicks, I feel like we will have to lose more of our current assets that I would like and be left with just Paul and Amar'e. That is a great combo but we need role players as well to win anything.

GO KNICKS!

Entensity Vet
    as much as CP3 seemed like he was interested in the Knicks, I doubt the Hornets will send him there, they just don't have enough to make all sides happy, Knicks would have to give up pretty much all of their young talent, just don't see that happening. It's a shame too, I'd like to see CP3, and Amare, and Melo renew the Heat/Knicks rivalry of the late 90's

Entense Supporter
    I love the Knicks, they are my 2nd fav team behind the Dubbs, I am excited to see if they can pull off getting Melo and CP3 next season. Amare is going to be great but won't be able to become anything more than a 40 win team if it's just him. The Felton pick up will be great for the fast break style they like to run, a serious upgrade over Duhon.

felton was a good sign, kinda. too much money and years. but then again who else you have at ur point

I'm starting to post
    Felton's signing was pure genius by Walsh since it was a three-year contract with the 3rd year not guaranteed (team option). Meaning we can release him the same year that CP3's contract expires. I would honestly prefer it if we just waited until that happened so we can keep some of the young players we currently have. This would allow us to sign Melo in 2011 as well with Curry's expiring.

heard knicks offered shannon brown a contract. no details.

Quote Originally Posted by st3vo View Post
    heard knicks offered shannon brown a contract. no details.
    The Knicks have reportedly extended an offer to Shannon Brown, who is still considering a return to the Lakers.
    Brown can go ahead and take the offer, or wait and see if the Lakers can arrange to trade Sasha Vujacic and then re-sign Brown. The Lakers are well over the luxury tax, so moving Vujacic's $5.4 million salary would ease the tax hit associated with keeping Brown. Brown would likely see a serious jump in fantasy value if he ends up in New York, as he could even possibly start over Wilson Chandler at shooting guard.

Entensity Vet
    http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...aun&id=5443412

Ouch, even though he's just consulting, I don't think this bodes well for the Knicks at all.

I'm a FUCKING FAGGOT AND WILL NEVER BE A MOD mas's Avatar
    currently in Monterey, CA but originally from a place where bears are free to engage in activities of a homosexual nature with other bears who also are free to engage in acts of a homosexual nature with other bears
    All your players are bad. If you consider gallo and randolph as centerpieces, lol.

Amare is not top 5. There is more to basketball than scoring.

I'm starting to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnie View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...aun&id=5443412

Ouch, even though he's just consulting, I don't think this bodes well for the Knicks at all.
    Hopefully the people in the NBA do their job and prevent this from actually happening. No way someone can be as close to college players as a head coach of a college basketball team while also being a "consultant" for a professional team. All we need is for him not to quit at FIU (crosses fingers).