User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scrambled Eggs (Megathread?)

Scrambled Eggs (Megathread?)

Kind of similar to the Post Pictures of What You're Eating thread, lets see everyone's take on scrambled eggs. Basically just write down a general recipe and add a picture if possible.

I always mess around and try out different things so I was hoping a lot of people chip in with pictures and what not. Basically I just made some and that inspired this thread so I can get some new ideas haha.

I dont really measure anything out but for tonight I had

4 large eggs.
    2 heaping spoonfulls of cottage cheese
    around 10 or so jalepeno slices
    3 or 4 ish spoonfulls of mild salsa
    Handfull of cheddar cheese on top.

I made the eggs first, and once they started getting solid, I took them off heat and added the cottage cheese

Then basically for the rest of it (and usually everytime i make eggs) I take it on and off heat as I stir in ingredients.

Then I cleared half the pan for the jalepenos, mixed them in, then the salsa, and finally the cheddar on top. Also threw on some chopped parsley for color.

I put half of it in a tortilla shell for breakfast tomorrow, and I just finished the rest as I made this thread. It was the first time I've used cottage cheese, and
    I'm definately going to try it again. Maybe without the salsa to see how it is by itself.

Also, sorry about the pics. What is the easiest site to use? Photobucket?

I like my eggs...well, eggy. No cottage cheese or salsa or anything like that.

Just egg & butter properly scrambled and a bit of fresh chive or basil.
    Last edited by Zoxygen; 7/21/2010 at 10:47 am.

Quote Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
    hes a god damn legend, you shut your gypsy mouth

Chives are great on eggs. If you like Indian food you might want to try indian style scrambled eggs. Just saute some onion and chiles till soft. Beat eggs with a bit of chili powder, cumin seeds, and garam masala and scramble as usual.

.....MN.....ŏ̾ͮ͊͛ͫͪ̓̈́̇͏̛̻̦̙̝̩̀ͅ ŏ̾ͮ͊͛ͫͪ̓̈́̇͏̛̻̦̙̝̩̀
    kinda looks like puke but im sure it was tasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    yes. it's always when i'm really drunk and i always wake up wondering how i went from nate the 6 year old who covered his glass when someone farted so no fart germs got into his milk to nate the alcoholic butt licker
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    he's fucking with the wrong bull. ever since i found out he was coming over here i've just been sitting and getting madder and drunker

Page 420 - Fuck Im Blazed Crew

Quote Originally Posted by dankydank View Post
    kinda looks like puke but im sure it was tasty.
    No.. It definately looked like puke, haha. But I'm gonna make it again soon. I dont know if I'm going to add the salsa in this time or keep it cold, and add it in right as I eat it. Maybe it wont make it look like shit.

I don't put much in mine. Some season-all, pepper, cayenne, chili powder, and sometimes a little cheddar or colby jack cheese.

Entense Supporter
    I usually scramble 6 eggs, with some bacon salt stirred in before putting them in the pan. When they're almost done, I top them with salt, pepper, and cheddar cheese. If I'm feeling it, I put some ketchup on them.

Also, sometimes I do this same process, but instead of stirring the eggs before putting them in the pan, I just crack them in there like I'm cooking them over-easy, and then just stir them up after they start cooking.
    This is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Angels View Post
    Also, sometimes I do this same process, but instead of stirring the eggs before putting them in the pan, I just crack them in there like I'm cooking them over-easy, and then just stir them up after they start cooking.
    Thats the way ive always done it. Ive tried the other way before and it makes no difference in taste for me.

thanks xgs for the sig/av

I usually scramble 6 eggs, with some bacon salt stirred in before putting them in the pan. When they're almost done, I top them with salt, pepper, and cheddar cheese. If I'm feeling it, I put some ketchup on them.

I wouldnt put in salt before you scramble them. Salt breaks down proteins and can make a tougher scrambled egg than without.

Quote Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
    hes a god damn legend, you shut your gypsy mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Zoxygen View Post

I like my eggs...well, eggy. No cottage cheese or salsa or anything like that.

Just egg & butter properly scrambled and a bit of fresh chive or basil.
    Dont know how I missed this one. Yeah normally I like my eggs fluffy, but every now and then I like adding random shit seeing how it is.

I used to always add chives and basil into my eggs too, but I got tired of the same thing. Especially since my diet right now is heavily diary based, I'm getting bored of the same things, and have been addin shit just to make it different.

Shit, when I have to open at work and it gets busy I usually end up doing that when people order scrambled. I kind of want to start cooking them on the flat gril, but I usually dont want to take up any room that could be used for other shit. :/

Quote Originally Posted by J i2 i3 View Post
    No.. It definately looked like puke, haha. But I'm gonna make it again soon. I dont know if I'm going to add the salsa in this time or keep it cold, and add it in right as I eat it. Maybe it wont make it look like shit.
    Do you precook your veggie fillings? If you don't they probably release some moisture as theyre cooking in the egg mixture leading to scrambled eggs with puke like consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Heesh View Post
    Do you precook your veggie fillings? If you don't they probably release some moisture as theyre cooking in the egg mixture leading to scrambled eggs with puke like consistency.
    Yeah normally I do. But I definately didn't when I added in the salsa, and the jalepenos. I'm fairly certain thats why it turned out like it did.

My eggs I usually use 4 egg whites 2 whole eggs and scramble them and put spinach or tomato or both w/ a lil ham or turkey with some FF cheese top with a lil tabasco and pepper and its delicious.

I use 4 eggs for this ( two servings ). First off i heat the pan, than add oil, wait till the oil gets hot, throw on FINELY chopped onions and a little bit of garlic, cook that until its transparent, than throw on dice sliced ham and cook that as well, but only for a 1 minute or to more. I have the eggs already scrambled in a cup before I do anything, so i throw the eggs on trying to cover the entire frying pan to get all the ingredients mixed, constantly mixing the eggs and everything else, than throw on 3 slices of cheese depending on what type of cheese im in the mood for ( american cheese and montery jack cheese are so good in eggs i think). Mix all the ingredients even more for a healthy scramble, and wait a few more minutes till the cheese has melted. The process should take about 8-10 minutes. Onions and garlic grill for about 4 minutes, 1 minute for the ham and than 2-4 minutes for the eggs and cheese. Quite delicious, even deliciouser in a tortilla wrap with some ketchup. Dont forget salt and ketchup!
    Last edited by DrugZombie; 7/24/2010 at 3:09 am.

The Fucking King!
    What I have been doing here in London.

2-4 Eggs depending on how hungry I am
    1-2 OZ of shredded cheese (ive been using cheddar)
    100g of chicken mexican fajita chunky pieces ready to do
    Add a little milk and mix this all together

Grand-High Poster
    sometimes a little blob of cream cheese stirred in when its coming together adds a nice richness.

Quote Originally Posted by h4ppydaze View Post
    sometimes a little blob of cream cheese stirred in when its coming together adds a nice richness.
    Nice. Yeah this was what I was hoping for, new shit to try out. I never thought cottage cheese would be good at all, but I was surprised. I think I'm going to make some french toast tomorrow but if I feel like eating somewhat healthier I'll try out the eggs.

haha, i thought that as if cream cheese was a healthier alternative

When I'm not in a hurry I would saute some onions(with butter lol) until around golden brown or a bit lighter then throw in bacon bits for a little bit since they don't need to be sauted like the onions. I then put in the eggs and scramble it all together. It actually has a great flavor. I like it. I actually never tried it with cheese though..hmm
    Last edited by ToTaLwArRiOr; 7/25/2010 at 2:44 am.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DrugZombie View Post
    I use 4 eggs for this ( two servings ). First off i heat the pan, than add oil, wait till the oil gets hot, throw on FINELY chopped onions and a little bit of garlic, cook that until its transparent, than throw on dice sliced ham and cook that as well, but only for a 1 minute or to more. I have the eggs already scrambled in a cup before I do anything, so i throw the eggs on trying to cover the entire frying pan to get all the ingredients mixed, constantly mixing the eggs and everything else, than throw on 3 slices of cheese depending on what type of cheese im in the mood for ( american cheese and montery jack cheese are so good in eggs i think). Mix all the ingredients even more for a healthy scramble, and wait a few more minutes till the cheese has melted. The process should take about 8-10 minutes. Onions and garlic grill for about 4 minutes, 1 minute for the ham and than 2-4 minutes for the eggs and cheese. Quite delicious, even deliciouser in a tortilla wrap with some ketchup. Dont forget salt and ketchup!

I've just started doing this with the new found tortillas, and it's delicious. Crepes are even more delicious. Reminds me of Coras.

Not a New Bitch
    I really like sautéed onions and jalapenos with my scrambled eggs. With the actual eggs i like to add 1-2 tbs of whole milk before I add them to the pan. I think it gives it a more fluffy texture. I cook the veggies first, remove from pan, add in eggs, and after i let them sit for a minute and they start to coagulate, add the veggies + grated/shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Wrap the scramble in a tortilla and tin foil, save for stoner snacks in the late afternoon :-D
    Last edited by humplick; 7/31/2010 at 2:51 am.