User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breckenridge, CO

Super Moderator
    Entense Supporter

Breckenridge, CO

Tell me all you know! Will be organizing a trip to there mostly for skiing and partying at night for a group of 10 24-26 year old guys and girls. I noticed the area is broken up into peaks...which one is closest to the bars/downtown?

Entense Supporter
    Oh my god man, I love Breck. We have a condo at Copper Mountain. You really shouldn't worry about being closest to the bars because no matter where you are, there will be a crazy apres-ski place at which to party. Seeing as how you're setting this up pretty early, you can probably get a nice deal from someone who rents out their place as opposed to a hotel, I would definitely advise that route.

I was there a few weeks ago, seemed like a nice place. I wandered the streets on an overnight trip, seemed like fun could be had there.

here is a pic I took when I went for a hike in the morning.

Last edited by gregc9; 8/03/2010 at 5:18 pm.

BANNED
    Anywhere around frisco is generally pretty damn reasonably priced and close. I've got a friend who lives up there. It's really easy to find a house to rent for a weekend.

I have lots of Seniority spigel's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    peaks 7-10 are pretty much the heart of breckenridge, 1-6 is just pretty much from frisco, co to breckenridge, co. theres nothing in between there.

downtown breck with all the bars and shit is just one street about 15-20 blocks long but it gets pretty crowded in the winter time, its kind of dead during the summertime, well the nighttime is dead.

gregc9, that looks more like arapahoe basin with keystone in the background?

RIP Алексей Черепанов

Quote Originally Posted by spgl View Post
    gregc9, that looks more like arapahoe basin with keystone in the background?
    You're probably right, I remember it being a little way to the east of the actual town. I ate at a place called Eric's or something, that was like down below the street. It had ok food, I think that was in Breckenridge.
    Last edited by gregc9; 8/04/2010 at 1:21 am.

BANNED
    arapahoe basin is so close to breck though. I love splitting up half days at each place. Go in the morning to one place and afternoon at another place.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gregc9 View Post
    You're probably right, I remember it being a little way to the east of the actual town. I ate at a place called Eric's or something, that was like down below the street. It had ok food, I think that was in Breckenridge.
    ya that was Downstairs at Eric's. http://www.downstairsaterics.com/

decent place, has a hugggeee selection of bottled beer. Pretty good for a sports bar/not so fancy place.

if you want a some really good place for quick eats, go to Empire Burger. The fries and the sauce that coems with it (i get the sweet mango chutney always) = and I always order the bacon guacamole burger . http://empireburger.com/

RIP Алексей Черепанов

empire burger is delicious.

if youre going, i would advise staying in breckenridge. this early, you should be able to get a nice place for 10 people at a decent price. and its alot more convenient than having to drive to the mountain every day. there are free shuttles all over the city so you should have no problem getting to and from the mountain. bar hopping is easy, like spiegel said they are all basically on one street. just keep walking till you find a spot you like. be wary of trying to get a cab after the bars close. i think there are 3 cabs for the whole city.

breckenridge resort is peaks 7-10, you could spend a whole week there and probably not repeat a run. you do have alot of choices with a-basin, copper, and keystone right there if you want a little variety though. i head out there every winter, now im no local, but ive got a pretty good idea of things if you have any other questions.

Super Moderator
    Entense Supporter
    http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals...t/breckenridge

Using that as a reference point which areas would be best to stay in for skiing and still being not too far from the bars and night life?

Thanks for all the help so far!

the historic district is where all the bars are. as far as getting to the mountain, there are free shuttles like every 15-20 minutes so that would not be a problem. we usually stay up ski hill rd, but we only really go out one night and someone has to stay sober to drive us back up the hill. i wouldnt worry about ease of getting to the slopes because of the bus. i would however check how far whatever place you are looking at is from a bus stop. the walk back to your place after a day on the mountain can be brutal at 10000 feet, even if its just a block.

Entense Supporter
    like i said, anything between south breck and north breck on the map is very close to the historic district.

here, breckenridge is tinier than it looks. the town is as big as the resort itself.

RIP Алексей Черепанов

BANNED
    yeah if you wanna stay in the "historic disctric" it's going to cost a bit more than it's worth IMO. They have a lot of buses that run for free and so just get as close as you can within your price range. It's usually not hard to find a place even without a reservation. Like I said, if you have a car, just stay in frisco, it's close enough and a lot cheaper. It is nice to have a bus right outside your hotel though to jump on, it just depends if you think it's worth it or not.

fuck 23 year olds, they're so immature.

why such an strict age requirement? are you going to all rent cars and drive them down the mountain?

Entense Supporter
    what

RIP Алексей Черепанов

Super Moderator
    Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbsh View Post
    fuck 23 year olds, they're so immature.

why such an strict age requirement? are you going to all rent cars and drive them down the mountain?
    who said a thing about 23 year olds? We'll prob have 2 or 3 cars because we know people who live in Denver. Judging from the map we'll look at peaks 8 and 9 to rent a place or get a hotel.

Anyone have any suggestions on places to stay? Any good fun hotels??

if youre going with 10 people, get a house or a large condo. it will be a lot cheaper.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rmpotsy View Post
    if youre going with 10 people, get a house or a large condo. it will be a lot cheaper.
    definitely with such a large group, it'll be better too since you all will probably be partying.

the two times i've been to breckenridge i've stayed at peak 9, at some place called beaver run, which is right at the base.

peak 7 was probably our group's favorite for snowboarding because it was all blues and had some long runs

Super Moderator
    Entense Supporter
    Hows the night life? Can we cab it to Main Street and just walk around or are there some must go to places?

There are no cabs anywhere to be found