User Tag List

Thread: Warwick, RI

Warwick, RI

Last year my fiance and I took a trip with her family to Warwick, RI. I proposed to her in Newport, RI and for our honeymoon, we're going back, but on our own.

So, I come to EF to ask if any locals or anyone else can suggest things to do in RI? We are staying in Warwick, we're going to Newport 1 day and Block Island for 1 day.

We'd like to find a nice bar or nightclub to enjoy ourselves at least one night as well.

We're going to visit the TAPS office in Warwick while we're there but that's about all we have planned. The rest is winging it. I'm taking both my DSLR's and hoping for some great video/photo moments as well.

Pointers, tips, ideas?
    http://chat.efnet.org | /join #entensity | #entensity on irc.EFnet.net

Super Moderator
    Entense Supporter
    I know RI holds sentimental feelings....but why not go 45 min north to Boston? There are much better restaurants, bars and night clubs and you would have a field day with your cams

Hrmm, we are going for 10 days. I'm sure we could make a day trip out of that! I didn't even think of it.
    http://chat.efnet.org | /join #entensity | #entensity on irc.EFnet.net

I've been to RI a few times. Definitely check out the mansions in Newport if you haven't. Depending on the time of year, the beaches around there are pretty nice too. I used to always go to Second Beach (actually in Middletown, RI I think) when I was a kid. Could try Providence - I don't know too much about what to do there besides the massive mall lol. Supposedly an increasingly popular city though, especially for young adults.

Any questions about Boston? Can help you out more with that (night clubs, restaurants, etc).

Elite Member
    Warwick is about 25-35 minutes away from Foxwoods/Mohegan Sun if you want to go gambling/see a show/etc. I was actually at Foxwoods on Friday night playing some poker.

Quote Originally Posted by JPD2411 View Post
    Warwick is about 25-35 minutes away from Foxwoods/Mohegan Sun if you want to go gambling/see a show/etc. I was actually at Foxwoods on Friday night playing some poker.
    Good point. Both good calls. You could also head out to Cape Cod if you wanna check that out.