User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

10 years from now i see the only thing in life thats similar is the people in it. I should be in a different part of the country doing something different with my life. What exactly is waht i have yet to determine. I know i want to be in a different profession then i am in now. I see myself being married at that point and maybe having a toddler or baby on the way. Hopefully living somewhere a bit further north than here or out west. Im very indecisive about what my life will be like but im only 22 so it should be that way.
    Lets welcome the DUKE to the Baltimore Orioles

ten years is sure a long time to be guessing what i'll be doing.

some of the more probables/hopefulls:
    -still married/have two kids by then (one right now)
    -better paying job (either at same company but at higher position or different company all together)
    -settle down in suburb of sacramento/south bay area (california)
    -awesome drum set

some of the wants:
    -start a career in law enforcement
    -student loans close to being paid off
    -if not buying a house, then having some plans to
    -a's/giants to win a world series (won't happen)

in the ground

Entense Supporter
    I had a plan and then I got my job, the job I was planing on getting. I love it but now I can say I do not know. As I learn more my goals change. I just knew how I wanted to get started and luckily it worked out.

Entensity Vet
    Im worried where ill be 3 months from now. Fuck 10 years. Jesus you guys really have it figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hausen View Post
    Im worried where ill be 3 months from now. Fuck 10 years. Jesus you guys really have it figured out.
    Some of ours are fairly easy, lol....

Entense Supporter
    Considering I just started uni and a lot can change, I guess this would be me in 10 years if everything works out like I want it to currently.
    - Married and have children
    - Finished my Master's in CS
    - Working for one of the big companies like Microsoft, Apple, Google, etc. I'd love a job where I could travel and live in a different country for a few years. That, or I'll have started my own company.
    - Living in the UK or the US

This is a really tough question. I'm going to turn this into a series of "I wants" since I think that's more reasonable. I think these are definitely achievable.

- I'd like to be happily married to a wife that appreciates my gay jokes and dick jokes. Seriously, though, I can't date a girl that doesn't, so this will inevitably be true.
    - I don't give a fuck about kids. I'm leaning towards no, but I know that's something that may change as I get older.
    - I want to have a wall full of diplomas.
    - I want to have a steady well-paying job that I actually enjoy going to everyday.
    - I want to have a group of friends that I can go out for drinks with occasionally. I want to still enjoy playing video games. I hope my Steam account has 900 games. Basically, I want to always keep an element of immaturity in my life. Life is more fun when you're immature.
    - I want to still be in shape. I'd like to still play recreational sports with friends and hit the gym regularly.
    - I want to have no debt whatsoever (except for perhaps a mortgage and a car payment or 2). The only debt I have right now is college loans, and those won't take more than a few years to pay off once I'm working.
    - I want to have my passport full of stamps.

-Same position but for a bigger company or win the powerball.

i intend to have a bunch of kids, and hopefully still have a wife...
    if not, a young girlfriend... but preferably still the wife...
    i dont know. depends if i go back to school... nuclear engineering? maybe become a boring and rich actuary... maybe "high finance"? maybe even run for something sometime? ive pretty much decided against law school, so i guess not that. still, i think i will be getting paid somewhere.
    anyways, i intend to get a house, and by then hopefully a sailboat. i hope to have crossed the atlantic in it by then... 10 years is a long time, but i still have a lot to do.
    i doubt i will be playing in any of my bands much by then, as even folkpunk can get old and sad... but maybe i can learn the fiddle properly. i keep meaning to. maybe i can play in an old man bluegrass band. that would be ok.
    i think itll be going pretty good. im optimistic.
    Pints Of Guinness Make You Strong.

I'm 23 and in my master year economics now. So in ten years I hope to have a good paying, stable and overal interesting finance job somewhere in Belgium. I hope to live nearby the city I grew up in, with a nice house but not too much debt. I also want to live abroad for a while so I'll probably do that in the near future.

I want to keep in touch with my university friends and have a good relationship/marriage. I'm not really sure if I want kids in 10 years but I hope to have them one day. Staying in shape is very important for me as I want to go skiing atleast once a year or more.. and I hope to continue playing recreational football with my friends.

Get hired by the VA Hospital after finishing school and doing my residency there for 2 years. I'm planning on working at wal-mart for spare cash and quit after the 10 year mark. Still work for the VA full-time and passing my pharmacotherapy specialty boards (for pharmacists). Become a clinical pharmacy manager or something by that time.

Socially, I hope to start a family with a hot-smart wife. Probably someone who works in the healthcare field as well like an optometrist, dentist or something. Other than that, still plan continuing my current hobbies like: golfing, surfing, snowboarding, skating, and motorcycle racing.

Posting Slut
    -I see myself with a master's degree in foreign business management.
    -I see myself with a nice home atop the avenues in the new city I moved to (salt lake)
    -I see myself owning at least one businesss either here or a classy pub next to lambeau back in green bay.
    -I see myself being happy and able to do things I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Fangs404 View Post
    Basically, I want to always keep an element of immaturity in my life.
    It sounds like you have that covered with your sense of humor.

In ten years I could be as many as three years out of residency if I don't go into some kind of specialty that requires more than three years of training. Hopefully I will have started to make a dent in my med school loans. I have been good with money so far, so if I stick to the pattern I shouldn't have too much else to worry about.

As far as my personal life goes - I have no idea. Relationships are complex and don't work well with deadlines. Of course I would like to be well on my way to building a life with someone, but if I'm not I understand that things take time and life is unpredictable. At the very least I hope to have a good group of friends who aren't immature, drunk idiots.
    Last edited by the truth; 8/20/2010 at 1:15 pm.

PS3: ResidentTruth

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by J i2 i3 View Post
    Probably dead.

Dont know why, just kinda figure 10 years is a long time from now.

Givin myself the benefit of the doubt...
    If you're dead you can't be disappointed, if you're not dead then you've achieved more than you wanted. It's win-win!

Entense Supporter
    Stuck doing the exact same shit.

I'll be 31 in 10 years. I'm getting a house that my grandma left me in her will, which'll be sick. By that time I'll have a 65/66 Mustang Fastback, Datsun 240z, my 98.5 Cummins, and a shop of epic proportions for all my projects. Probably also be managing a crew for part of the construction company (triple partnership). I like where I'm at right now, as for family, I donno, not very high on the list. I already have enough holes to throw my money into!

1st done with school, traveling then settled down married and with a family

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
    1st done with school, traveling then settled down married and with a family
    Why goto school if all you plan to do after is travel and then have kids?

-owning and operating any type of business venture that would allow me to maintain as flexible of a schedule as possible while still bringing in $80k+
    -still in good shape
    -well-traveled
    -married or recently divorced