User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Elite Whore

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Looking for what our best, honest guesses are about what the future has in store for us. Lot of us are around the same age, nearing or having graduated college and should be able to get a clearer idea of what the future might look like for ourselves. I wonder how divergent the paths already are. Add in the obvious status things, and also interesting milestones you think you'll have reached in that time.

in random order:

-Working either as a project engineer in a plant setting or hopefully in a further up engineering managerial position
    -Living in the southwest United states, maybe cali
    -Hopefully with a good group of friends, and probably a longterm girlfriend
    -Have done some real traveling through 20 plus countries (would like to travel abroad at least twice a year)
    -Maintain friendships with my closest friends now
    -If still single probably living in a 2 bedroom house with a beagle in the backyard and a 370z in the garage
    -Have figured out the rest of my career plans
    -Gone back to school and gotten the MBA
    -Really pursued 2-3 hobbies (not giving up on guitar)
    -Still playing soccer weekly in over the hill leagues
    -Have gotten enough tail to start seriously thinking about marriage in the near future.

Pimpin Member
    I'll be 36 by then, so:

I'll be a Full Fledged ER Doc, hopefully making >$200K/yr
    Have my Student Loans paid off or nearly paid off
    Married hopefully, probably a couple of kids
    Nice car, house, friends
    Probably living in Southern Michigan somewhere, maybe someplace rural-ish
    Yearly Vacations, ideally out of the country

I suppose that's it for now. It's hard to say for certain, but some things are more sure than others.

i'll be dead because of type 2 diabetes.
    “Don’t ever be the first…don’t ever be the last…and don’t ever volunteer to do anything….” - Unofficial Navy Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Chekmate View Post
    I'll be 36 by then, so:

I'll be a Full Fledged ER Doc, hopefully making >$200K/yr
    Have my Student Loans paid off or nearly paid off
    Married hopefully, probably a couple of kids
    Nice car, house, friends
    Probably living in Southern Michigan somewhere, maybe someplace rural-ish
    Yearly Vacations, ideally out of the country

I suppose that's it for now. It's hard to say for certain, but some things are more sure than others.
    Nearly paid off school loans? I can only imagine how much you owe... I feel ya man.

Me?
    - CFO at the company I am currently working at.
    - Married with a couple of toddlers.
    - Coaching the sport my kids are involved in.
    - Nice car and nice home.
    - Stay in shape =)
    - Still hanging out with friends I know from now.

i want to move to long beach/hb/newport before i turn 30 for at least 2 years, maybe as many as 5, and i want to move to san francisco when i'm 30
    edit i wanna move back to socal so i can put in a few good years surfing every day and i wanna move to frisco when im 30 to be a faggot.. no iono, ive always wanted to live there but i dont feel like im ready yet, and i feel like kids under 25 dont know what they're doing in sf
    Last edited by cbb; 8/16/2010 at 11:02 pm.

Pimpin Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ready2Go View Post
    Nearly paid off school loans? I can only imagine how much you owe... I feel ya man.
    Last week I forebeared $248,000, I figure by the time I'm done with residency (Age 30), I'll be around $350,000 in debt, then I can pay off $75,000/year for 5 years and be done. If I'm netting $150,000/yr after taxes, that still leaves me with a respectable $75K/yr until I get my loans paid off. Then I get to start being rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Chekmate View Post
    Last week I forebeared $248,000, I figure by the time I'm done with residency (Age 30), I'll be around $350,000 in debt, then I can pay off $75,000/year for 5 years and be done. If I'm netting $150,000/yr after taxes, that still leaves me with a respectable $75K/yr until I get my loans paid off. Then I get to start being rich.
    you better hope you have a passion or a bitch to spend that shit on

Entense Supporter
    Just putting the finishing touches on my second IPO. Hot fucking wife. Kid on the way. Scratch golfer.

i really have no idea. i change my ambitions by the minute. it's unsettling.

Senior first officer or captain of a 777-300ER or 747-400.
    Canon Crew: EOS Digital Rebel XT, EOS 7D, Canon 70-200mm f/4L IS USM, Sigma 24-60mm f/2.8 EX
    Originally posted by craY
    Your guy... however, is a drug user muslim terrorist nigger useless "present" piece of nigger shit. I hope you enjoy nov 15 you losing piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by makaw View Post
    I will penetrate your anus if you say another word

Bad-ass Member
    Hopefully finished with college and doing some type of investigative work. By then my grandparents will probably be dead so i will probably be living somewhere in Colorado. Legal weed, hot bitch and an awsome house, hopefully.

"Dont say doing your wife, dont say doing your wife.......Doing your.....son?"

In ten years...
    Career: I'll have my Ph.D. and have just finished up post doctoral work in Europe and starting a tenure track position at a major university.
    Hobbies: Fish will be afraid of me, as my fly casting technique will be impeccable and deadly. I will have upgraded to a new 10" Equatorial Mounted reflector, and have identified at least one new astronomical object as an amateur astronomer.
    Love: Hopefully I'll have met someone tolerable and start to settle down. Gotta get some kids before it's too late.

Elite Whore
    weird, idk when my peer group evolved to having marriage/kids be a part (by choice or desire) of their foreseeable future.

i guess i could say that about myself within 20 years based upon mostlly probability and b/c it seems normal. nothing i can see within myself that clearly makes me feel like i'll be at that stage soon though.

at the risk of sounding completely immature, i guess i'm also realizing i probably won't ever be filthy rich like i had once, and for so long, wanted. but i'm pretty sure i will find my job interesting, and hopefully fulfilling which i know is more important and something I can can count on. having a helicopter would've been nice though

Interesting question considering its something that can get asked in random interviews.

In ten years, I'll be 39 and hope to god I have a family of some sort by that point - currently, I'm single and not seeing anyone. I don't know if I'll be with the same company as I am now since the work life balance isn't exactly great but if I am I would hope to be on the leadership team at our facility making 6 figures (not unheard of being less than that).

I'll have most of my student loans paid off by that point and hopefully my career will afford me the opportunity to pay them off sooner. Honestly though the most important thing for me would be to have a family and simply be able to live a comfortable life without having to sacrifice absurd amounts of time with them to do so.

Outside of work, I hope to have picked up my golf game by then and also have experienced a lot of different interesting areas to scuba dive. Also, visiting Hawaii again by then...

I guess I'd be pretty happy with a normal life as long as it's a comfortable one and not struggling - I'm sure I'll be okay.

No fucking idea

Got no clue wtf Im really doing. Im going to school but still not sure what Im going for. At least Im working and saving money.

thanks xgs for the sig/av

Entense Supporter
    il be 32 years old and hopefully developing some intricate software.

In 10 years I will be 31 hopefully involved with a good hospital or practice as a PA in either Emergency Medicine, Cardiology or Orthopedics possibly involved with surgery. A salary above 100k will be likely and at that point and I will have been out of Grad School for bout 6 years so hopefully paid off about 60% or more of my school loans. Want to serious serious with a sexy female that shares the same interests as me. And if serious think about starting a family idk tho after I have money idk if I will wanna have kids but I am sure I will

The Fucking King! BobTheBuilder's Avatar
    In the Army still, maybe with a baby on the way, and just enjoying life to its fullest, and hopefully working on getting some sort of college degree.

Probably dead.

Dont know why, just kinda figure 10 years is a long time from now.

Givin myself the benefit of the doubt...

Entense Supporter
    i once made something like this 5 years ago and things have totally flipped.

life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.

so my answer: i have no fucking clue.

:: lounge | deep house | trance | psytrance addict