User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Mustang Boss

New Bitch

2012 Mustang Boss

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...d-is-back.html

Any thoughts? I love the '69 style look, not a big fan of the red tires though.

The Ford Mustang Boss 302 is back. And... it's... awesome. If a bit tacky.

Power from the 5.0-liter V8 is up to 440-- 28 more than the standard 5.0 -- horsepower and 380 lb-feet of torque thanks to revised cams, new intake and a tweaked ECU. Following the power flow, the engine's hooked to a six-speed manual with a short shifter, 3:73 gears and then your choice of the standard limited slip or an optional Torsen unit. After that? Pirelli Pzeros: 255/40ZR19s for the front, 285/25ZR19 out back.

All that wasted energy the engine can't turn into power, it turns into noise (well, some heat, too, but that's for another day) and that noise is now louder. Ford removed 11 pounds of sound dampening and put side pipes with "attenuation discs" that can be removed for additional noise. How cool is that from the factory?

On the aero side of the coin, the foglamps are blocked off, there's a new front splitter from the Boss 302R and a unique deck-lid spoiler.

The suspension and electronic power steering have also been revised to keep this power under control.

There will also be a racing edition Boss 302 bearing the Laguna Seca nameplate.

More photos and a video the jump.

Red wheels look gross and it will probably be stupid expensive. For the future also try posting the article and a couple pictures.

Entense Supporter
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05Ruuj8_Sxo
    The orange one didn't look too bad.

Entense Supporter
    They just CANNOT get the ass to look like a Mustang is SUPPOSED to look....

I have lots of Seniority spigel's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    top gear is saying that this mustang beat the 2010 M3 in laptimes at Laguna Seca

thats pretty damn impresive

RIP Алексей Черепанов

I still want to know the cost. It's probably going to be horrifically expensive.

I have lots of Seniority Jenova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ten View Post
    I still want to know the cost. It's probably going to be horrifically expensive.
    i'm curious about this too... looks DAMN sexy though... jesus.

Entense Supporter
    it'll probably be $40k+

look at the challenger str-8, the camaro z28 coming out and fuck the 500 is up there...this may hit $50k..lots of old cats wanting this shit, old cats with money

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndex View Post
    it'll probably be $40k+

look at the challenger str-8, the camaro z28 coming out and fuck the 500 is up there...this may hit $50k..lots of old cats wanting this shit, old cats with money
    I love the new horsepower wars going on with the Big 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndex View Post
    it'll probably be $40k+

The GT500 is about $50 by the time you get what you want. This is probably pushing $60k.

I know it serves a purpose but damn, get rid of that splitter. Its ugly as balls on that car.

Quote Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
    hes a god damn legend, you shut your gypsy mouth

There is no way the rear tires on that car are 285/25ZR19, I bet it's supposed to be a 285/45ZR19.

Edit: did some checking and the rear's on the boss 302 and the laguna spec cars are a 285/35ZR19.
    "...a true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

fuck this pos

the 2011 GT500 will do circles around this

RaP GaMe TaYLoR SWiFT
    This car is deff underrated from the factory. No way that cams, full exhaust, a tune, and a cold air are only giving this car 26hp to the crank. Evolution Performance did a tune, exhaust, and a K&N drop in filter and pulled 38RWHP out of it. These new GTs have major potential.

Being able to compete with the M3 on the skidpad while not having IRS is pretty impressive. And not having IRS is something drag racers dig. Car seems like it can do both and a lot of people might want it for that.

That said I feel like it would be better money spent to buy a stock GT and do the mods yourself, a lot cheaper as well. Either way you go, drag or track, your money's better spent customizing the car yourself. Guess you wouldn't have the prestige of having a "Boss". I personally think these are ugly as hell. The paintjob looks terrible and those red rims Just my opinion, as a fan of the regular GTs.

GT500 is almost 20k more expensive Tacoma, of course it runs circles around this. Two totally different cars. GT500 has IRS and a 5.4liter supercharged beast. This car has a smaller displacement high revving v8.
    Moo is a fucking geek

hell yea bitch dis go hard as hell flocka i will suck big dick team slut all day and week month year and century i love big naps D I C K S Q U A D

Somewhat Poster
    fwiw, this months MT says the '11 GT500 is the best mustang ever. EVER. that is a strong statement....
    you drive like shit...

I think a ford exec was quoted as saying it would be priced between the GT and the GT500 but wouldn't get more specific.
    [cursive]Joshua[/cursive]

RaP GaMe TaYLoR SWiFT
    Quote Originally Posted by cixelsydruos View Post
    I think a ford exec was quoted as saying it would be priced between the GT and the GT500 but wouldn't get more specific.
    It's gonna be minimum 40k and max 50.
    Moo is a fucking geek

hell yea bitch dis go hard as hell flocka i will suck big dick team slut all day and week month year and century i love big naps D I C K S Q U A D

God damn that red trim looks fucking terrible. Asside from the side decal, all of the red should have been black. Would make the car look much classier and not a fast and the furious wannabe.

My dad as a GT500 and I can tell you it's much better than this mustang, it isn't even close to the GT500 level. But like said before, everything they changed except for that horrible paint job could be done yourself to a stock GT with the same or better results.
    Last edited by Willy K.; 8/19/2010 at 2:55 pm.

RaP GaMe TaYLoR SWiFT
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbot View Post
    My dad as a GT500 and I can tell you it's much better than this mustang, it isn't even close to the GT500 level. But like said before, everything they changed except for that horrible paint job could be done yourself to a stock GT with the same or better results.
    And for less money. This Boss will come with a warranty so I guess there's that. Pretty meh to me.

Only reason I see this selling is people that actually like the way it looks. Which I can't understand because like you I was repulsed by that horrible paintjob.

But you guys have to stop comparing this to the GT500. The GT500 is on a whole different platform and 20k more expensive. It's like comparing a regular 3 series to an M3.

Edit: Ouch...gotta love dealer markup on the GT500s.

Moo is a fucking geek

Limited availability +$10,000. Wow.