User Tag List

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2010 College Football Thread

I dont normally cheer for VT, but I want them to stomp out Boise State. A playoff in football would be awesome, but until that happens I dont want teams that have cupcake schedules to be mentioned in the national title picture.

UNC's problems now are more serious than benefits from agents. The NCAA kept digging and found that there were academic infractions from last season involving a tutor. It kinda sucks because I am sure this goes on at most D-1 school, but we got caught and now my expectations for the season have been tempered. Press conference tonight around 7.

EDIT: From what I have understand this was self reported.
    Last edited by Moo Strength; 8/26/2010 at 6:32 pm. Reason: don't double post

Quote Originally Posted by bigmak View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this season.

Virginia Tech's offense is setting itself up pretty nicely. Questions on the o-line, but the rest of the offense is well established.

Our defense is obviously a big question mark--but we consistently field a top notch defense even when there are big personnel changes. 2004-2008, #4, 1, 1, 4, 6. I forget what we ended up for 2009.

Anyways, I'm going to the Boise State-VT game in two weeks and am hoping we do well. I was at the Alabama-VT game last year and we were winning pretty far into that game... hopefully we get this one done.
    VT is continually overrated year after year. I feel like they always start in the top ten and end up losing 3 games.

I think the SEC is gonna continue to dominate and win the BCS again. Im hopin Arkansas is the
    one that wins it, i mean its possible with ryan mallet and our receiving corp..its a stretch but i
    think we can do it.

Arkansas has a good offense and Petrino at the helm, but the SEC West is going to be brutal.

Someone posts A LOT
    Quote Originally Posted by poseybm View Post
    Arkansas has a good offense and Petrino at the helm, but the SEC West is going to be brutal.
    West looks a lot more solid this year than the East. Auburn, Bama, Ark, LSU are all going to be good.
    Will be interesting to see who plays in the SEC championship (aka the "who will win the bcs championship")

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by brjo555 View Post
    Boise is just going to be a question mark if they have to a team in a legit conference. I'm sure they can beat up on the teams in their shitty schedule but that doesn't mean much.
    no question marks about Boise St. They are great. They play a few tough teams this season but all of them @ home. If they beat VT and Oregon State they should run the table. The only game late in the season I could see them losing is @ Nevada. I think they are going to man handle VT but the Oregon State game will be a shoot out. Not sure if they can beat the Beavers even at home.

How good is Boise's defensive line? They will have their hands full trying to stop Williams and Evans on Monday. Other than Bama I cant think of a team that has a better backfield than VT which I think will be the deciding factor on Monday night.

Entense Supporter
    The Boise State D is "okay" they are in the right place all the time but tackling has been an issue for years. They will win b/c of their offense. I know they will shred the young VT defense apart. VT only has 4 returning players from last season. It will be a high scoring game but Boise will come out on top. I will be routing for VT!

West looks a lot more solid this year than the East. Auburn, Bama, Ark, LSU are all going to be good.
    Will be interesting to see who plays in the SEC championship (aka the "who will win the bcs championship")
    Thats the thing, with Arkansas and Auburn returning staters and filling up needs with
    recruiting..it makes a really touch conference even tougher..the only team that i
    really dont think is gonna be a contender is Ole Miss..

Miss st. has a good defense and solid offense

Auburn has a very explosive offense but iffy defense

Arkansas pretty much the same story but with a defense that is gonna be better
    with key defenders back from injury.

LSU has a very good defense and should be better on offense

Alabama is now better on offense but a little weak in the secondary..but its freakin
    Nick Saban so u know they are gonna be good

So ya we have a tough road, but if Arkansas can get through and get to the
    SECCG, then i think they can go all the way..but the same thing could be said
    about any other team in the SEC WEST

UNC traveled without 15 players to Atlanta for the game against LSU. 3 of them are still in question and could still get to the game by kickoff, but it isnt look good. If we were full strength this would have been an awesome game, but now I just hope we keep it within 3 TDs.

I know people are going to disagree with this, but I don't care.

The SEC is down this year. There are years when the SEC is great and this is just not one of them. How many SEC teams are better this year than last and how many are worse? People get so hung up on the SEC that they just seem to ignore that there are some really crap and mediocre teams in that conference. They genuinely have a couple good teams, then they have average at best teams that lose 4 games and all of the sudden it's excuse time and you get "oh well they all just beat each other." Well maybe because none of them are really that great.

I'm not trying to say the SEC is a bad conference, but I am saying there isn't really as big a gap as some people seem to believe. I think there are usually 2-3 legitimately good teams and the rest are ok at best.

Well just the fact that they win the NC game four times in a row, and consistently do awesome in their bowl games is y

Someone posts A LOT
    And dominate their out of conference schedule every season.
    People who don't realize the SEC is far ahead of every other conference are kidding themselves.

And dominate their out of conference schedule every season.
    People who don't realize the SEC is far ahead of every other conference are kidding themselves.
    Their non conference schedule is a joke.

Someone posts A LOT
    Quote Originally Posted by ten View Post
    Their non conference schedule is a joke.
    Get some of the other conference teams to grow some balls and play out of conference against the SEC.

I have lots of Seniority aedeos b.a.'s Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    UW, baby. UW.

Today starts the season of the Hurt Locker.

Get some of the other conference teams to grow some balls and play out of conference against the SEC.
    Don't even tell me other teams wouldn't play them. No SEC teams are willing to split a game with any power school and have to play them on the road.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Tillman View Post
    UW, baby. UW.

Today starts the season of the Hurt Locker.
    Locker is good, but the Rodgers brothers are going to be the big names in the PAC-10 this season. OSU should win the conference.

I have lots of Seniority aedeos b.a.'s Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    They should. But tOSU should lose to UW, as they come up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Tillman View Post
    They should. But tOSU should lose to UW, as they come up here.
    Honestly that is the only game I'm worried about at all this year. On the road at night has given us trouble in the past. Ideally we will be rolling by that point in the season though. It will be a fun game for sure.