User Tag List

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2010 College Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ten View Post
    Penn State is the only tough non-conference game any SEC team has this season.

The only one. Don't you dare tell me Oregon and Tennessee either. Oregon is overrated in a bad conference and everyone has gotten sucked into the espn hype.

Let's look at the teams in the SEC this year. As a whole they have gotten worse. Many don't deserve their rankings.

Florida is obviously not the 4th best team in the country probably a 2-3 loss team.
    Arkansas is MAYBE a 20-25 team because of their offense.
    Auburn is somehow considered good every year until they lose 4 games and somehow magically people think they are still good, 3-4 loss team.
    LSU same boat as Auburn but they are just genuinely not that good at all this year and winning against a UNC team without half of their players by 2 dropped passes shows you all you need to know about this team.
    Georgia could outperform their ranking, but is not a top 10 team no matter how much of a homer you want to be, 2 loss team.

I'm not saying they are a horrible conference, but the whole "well the just all play and beat each other" is bullshit. There admittedly have been years in the past where that was the case, but not this year.

Ok so what conference is better than the SEC?

And penn st. isnt the only team..Georgia Tech, UNC, West Virginia, FSU, Clemson..And Oregon is a very good team.

Someone posts A LOT
    Quote Originally Posted by gsnyper View Post

And penn st. isnt the only team..Georgia Tech, UNC, West Virginia, FSU, Clemson..And Oregon is a very good team.
    Exactly, it's hard to get a good out of conference schedule when the other conferences are far behind yours.

I've answered this question and you have accepted the answer...

I think the idea that the SEC teams play this unbelievable schedule and the ESPN hype of the SEC being just so far above every conference is retarded. I think that right now they are probably the strongest conference, but the gap is really small and by the end of the season they could very easily not be the best. Can you honestly say that the SEC isn't worse this year than last?

I'm an Ohio State fan, and I think at times we are overrated too. I'm not such a homer that my team is exempt from hype. I don't think TP is or will be nearly as good as what people are giving him credit for. I'm not going to say we play some unbelievable schedule, but I will say that we go out year after year and split games with USC, Texas, and Miami (games were scheduled when in 2001 when they were national champions).
    Quote Originally Posted by brjo555 View Post
    That's a fair statement.

Maybe we just have a different scale for rating very good teams. 3 losses for me isn't considered good. Top 10 teams are good. 11-25 teams are ok, and unranked teams are unranked for a reason.

Oregon is going to roll Tennessee this week and people are going to keep thinking that they are better than they are. Tennessee played something like 12 true freshman last week. No way that holds up against an average team.

North Carolina might have been good before they lost all of their players.

Georgia Tech... Not a bad team, but not exactly a powerhouse either. Regionality makes traveling for that not an issue.

West Virginia. You are seriously giving me West Virginia?

Florida State... I don't know, I guess maybe. If they get through Miami and Oklahoma then I'm with you. Otherwise no.

Clemson? Get the fuck outta here. Although I will say they play a lot of mid level teams this year.

I think the SEC is stronger this year, i felt like last year was a weak year for the SEC (only decent teams being Bama and Florida) and unfortunately the PAC-10 was the stronger conference, but this year i feel many of the teams have key players that got the experience they needed from last year and are building on it making it stronger and some gaining players in spots where it is needed.

also Ten, when you went through the SEC teams and said how many losses they will have you do realize that majority of the teams you named play each other and Bama. and also by the end of each year the second half of the top 25 is full of 3 and 4 loss teams...

that being said i hope everybody watches the Auburn vs MSST game tonight i think its going to be a good game, hoping for an Auburn blow out though

PSN: Skorgilaz

I've answered this question and you have accepted the answer...

Maybe we just have a different scale for rating very good teams. 3 losses for me isn't considered good. Top 10 teams are good. 11-25 teams are ok, and unranked teams are unranked for a reason.

Oregon is going to roll Tennessee this week and people are going to keep thinking that they are better than they are. Tennessee played something like 12 true freshman last week. No way that holds up against an average team.

North Carolina might have been good before they lost all of their players.

Georgia Tech... Not a bad team, but not exactly a powerhouse either. Regionality makes traveling for that not an issue.

West Virginia. You are seriously giving me West Virginia?

Florida State... I don't know, I guess maybe. If they get through Miami and Oklahoma then I'm with you. Otherwise no.

Clemson? Get the fuck outta here. Although I will say they play a lot of mid level teams this year.
    Ok but name another powerhouse school that plays more than two top 25 nonconference team.

Entense Supporter
    Ok but name another powerhouse school that plays more than two top 25 nonconference team.
    no school does that, that would be suicide!

No one does that. What I am saying is that no one in the SEC is willing to go out and split games with a powerhouse school from another conference. In addition it is very rare that an SEC school will even play a good (and don't give me some crap unranked 4 loss team in the ACC that played someone close 2 years ago) team on the road.

I've never said the SEC isn't the best conference right now, because they are. I'm not saying that in recent years they haven't been the best conference. What I'm saying is that there isn't this huge massive gap that ESPN shoves down everyone's throat. It is possible that at the end of this season the SEC isn't the best conference.

Wow, two bad losses for the ACC so far today. VT going down to James Madison and GT going down to Kansas.

Entense Supporter
    what a fantastic 4th quarter in the Notre Dame v Michigan game. This Robinson is a BEAST. Everyone will know his name by December

Someone posts A LOT
    ACC went down in flames today.

Holy hell.

Quote Originally Posted by poseybm View Post
    Wow, two bad losses for the ACC so far today. VT going down to James Madison and GT going down to Kansas.
    and Ohio State rolling Miami like everyone knew would happen.

As did Bama to Penn St.

Yeah, but we were talking about the ACC that blew up.

lol at the ACC, i am so glad that VT lost, it makes that win that Boise had a lot worse, which will always made me chuckle

i hope oregon st. beats boise st.

Yes I think we've had this conversation before. Your Grandpa wrote their alma matter or something to that effect.

Remember when Michigan fans were like shitting their pants with joy over Rich Rod and The Force? Yeah, Michigan is garbage.
    And Michigan is doing pretty good so far this year.

Woot, just found out GameDay is coming to Auburn this weekend. I might have to go check it out,

AUBURN - Auburn will host ESPN College GameDay Built By The Home Depot, Saturday, Sept. 18 prior to the Auburn-Clemson game. The traveling pre-game show which features ESPN commentators Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit, Lee Corso and Desmond Howard, will make its first appearance at Auburn since 2008 and fourth appearance on campus since 2004.

It will be GameDay's sixth visit to Auburn during its 24-year existence and will mark the 11th time that Auburn has played in the on-site game. The last time GameDay visited Auburn was on Sept. 20, 2008 when the Tigers hosted LSU.

GameDay's previous visits to the Auburn campus have been in 2006 (vs. Florida), 2004 (vs. Georgia), 1997 (vs. Florida) and 1995. Its debut on the Plains was on Nov. 18, 1995, when Auburn hosted Alabama.

The show airs live on Saturdays from 8-9 a.m. CT on ESPNU and from 9-11 a.m. on ESPN. The GameDay set location will be announced in the near future.

The Auburn-Clemson game will be televised by ESPN and ESPN 3D. Kickoff time is slated for 6 p.m. CT at Pat Dye Field at Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Someone posts A LOT
    Auburn Clemson??

Fucking weak.

yeah not that exciting of a game, but i think they are doing it because its the first college football game in 3D.

I have lots of Seniority aedeos b.a.'s Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    And Michigan is doing pretty good so far this year.
    Nothing huge on their win list, though. Don't get too excited yet. It's a nice start, but doesn't mean too much just yet.