User Tag List

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2010 College Football Thread

Someone posts A LOT
    True, a couple years ago, Vandy started 6-0 and then faltered terribly.

Quote Originally Posted by brjo555 View Post
    True, a couple years ago, Vandy started 6-0 and then faltered terribly.
    yeah but lets take a look at what vandy is expected to do and what michigan is expected to do

also georgia folks, how are the new tailgating rules working out? are they enforced heavily? are yall able to tailgate in a new area with out any problem? etc.

PSN: Skorgilaz

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Tillman View Post
    Nothing huge on their win list, though. Don't get too excited yet. It's a nice start, but doesn't mean too much just yet.
    I think you are the only Michigan fan in the world to say this.

I've gotten so many emails and comments from some of my buddies that are Michigan fans and it's exactly like last year. All of the sudden they beat a bad ND and people are shitting their pants with joy.

I think Denard is a freak and the real deal, but that team still isn't great. I think the best thing that has happened to Michigan in a long time is Tate Forcier not going to classes.

Entense Supporter
    Reggie Bush is turning in his Heisman trophy.

via http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp

Reggie Bush says he is forfeiting his Heisman Trophy.

The New Orleans Saints' running back released a statement Tuesday saying he would give back the award that he won in 2005 while he was at Southern California.

It's the first time college football's top award was returned by a recipient.

"While this decision is heart-breaking, I find solace in knowing that the award was made possible by the support and love of so many," Bush said. "Those are gifts that can never be taken away."

USC was hit with heavy sanctions by the NCAA this summer after it determined Bush had received improper benefits. The NCAA ruled that Bush was ineligible for the 2005 season, which opened the possibility that the Heisman Trophy Trust would take back the award.

One of the few guidelines given to Heisman Trophy voters is that a player must be in compliance with NCAA rules to be eligible for the trophy.

The eight-member Heisman Trophy Trust, based in New York, had said it would have to consider what to do about Bush, who won in a landslide vote over Texas quarterback Vince Young.

There was no immediate word from the Heisman Trust if the award would be vacated or given to Young.

Entense Supporter
    i know there is all this talk about vince young accepting the award if given the chance, but i really wish he would just say, "fuck that sham of an award." the heisman is not what it used to be, and, as a texas fan, it was the greatest thing in the world for vince young to do the heisman pose after winning the MNC against 2 heisman winners..

hahah- point is, i hope VY doesn't accept or rather the trust just vacate the award (which it seems that they are planning on doing).

:: lounge | deep house | trance | psytrance addict

Quote Originally Posted by ricky View Post
    i know there is all this talk about vince young accepting the award if given the chance, but i really wish he would just say, "fuck that sham of an award." the heisman is not what it used to be, and, as a texas fan, it was the greatest thing in the world for vince young to do the heisman pose after winning the MNC against 2 heisman winners..

hahah- point is, i hope VY doesn't accept or rather the trust just vacate the award (which it seems that they are planning on doing).

He said that if they sent it to him he wouldn't say no, but he doesn't want it. Mack Brown on the other hand thinks he should get it. but it is probably going to stay vacated.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...-it/?related=1

VY on Reggie's Heisman: 'I definitely want it, I definitely want it'

Posted by John Taylor on September 13, 2010 6:22 PM ET
    Supposedly, Vince Young has told friends on more than one occasion that he wouldn't accept the Heisman if the 2005 trophy were to be stripped from Reggie Bush and given to the second-place finisher in the voting -- him.

Just last week, Young's mother, in defending Bush from the meanies in the media and the NCAA, said that the Young family is "not interested in having no honor and no glory out of somebody else they are trying to tear down."

On the flip side is Young's former college coach, Mack Brown, who said recently that, if Bush loses the award, "I think Vince should be awarded the trophy." Based on his comments Monday, Young is definitely in his former coach's camp.

Sorry mom.

Speaking on ESPN's SportsCenter this morning, Young left no doubt that he wouldn't kick Reggie's hardware out of bed for eating crackers.

"I definitely want it, I definitely want it,'' said Young. "But he won it fair and square definitely, and it's much respect to Reggie, man. He had a great career and he's already won a Super Bowl before me. I'm already mad about that.

"But at the same time I am definitely happy for him, man, and he is definitely the Heisman Trophy winner for that year. But if they send it over to me I am not going to say no to it."

If the reports of late are correct, Young won't get the opportunity to accept or decline the award as its expected to be vacated. Still, based on Young's own comments, he's leaving some space in his trophy case on the off-chance that the reports are ultimately inaccurate.

As for when a final decision will come, that's still to be determined. The Heisman Trophy Trust will hold their regularly-scheduled monthly meeting Tuesday and, while common sense would say that the Bush situation would come up at some point, an announcement on the fate of Bush's trophy is not imminent.
    i think it is smart for him to send it back, he is definitely trying to save some face and trying to get some good PR out of this situation

I hope they give it to him, but they give him the one with "Reggie Bush" already engraved on it.

I can't believe michigan state pulled the fake field goal off*. thought it was awesome, considering the fact that i can't stand notre dame.

I also can't believe the ending of the arizona vs iowa game, it was an awesome game but i thought iowa was going to win that game when they came back.

I was at that Auburn/clemson game and it was way to nerve racking and auburn should have lost, but i guess i would rather be lucky than good

*technically they didn't due to the play clock

All i gotta say is.. 1 Alabama vs. 10 Arkansas

gonna be a good game with alot of ppl alrdy counting the hogs out..watch out they might suprise u

Bama is more than likely going to stop the run, but if they dont it will open things up big time for the passing game. The game all depends on what kind of pressure Bama gets on Mallett. Bama has one of the best offenses in the country, so when two high powered offenses meet it has potential to be a great game. If anybody is counting out the Hogs, they are crazy.
    Last edited by poseybm; 9/20/2010 at 8:31 pm.

New Bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis View Post
    yeah but lets take a look at what vandy is expected to do and what michigan is expected to do

also georgia folks, how are the new tailgating rules working out? are they enforced heavily? are yall able to tailgate in a new area with out any problem? etc.
    I haven't noticed a difference at all actually.

Quote Originally Posted by poseybm View Post
    Bama is more than likely going to stop the run, but if they dont it will open things up big time for the passing game. The game all depends on what kind of pressure Bama gets on Mallett. Bama has one of the best offenses in the country, so when two high powered offenses meet it has potential to be a great game. If anybody is counting out the Hogs, they are crazy.
    I'm counting them out. It will be a double digit victory for Alabama. We will get to see the true divide among teams in the SEC.

I got Arkansas by a touchdown

Quote Originally Posted by ten View Post
    I think the best thing that has happened to Michigan in a long time is Tate Forcier not going to classes.
    You mean not showing up for summer practices?

I heard he was borderline ineligible because of grades and missing classes as well. Either way... you get the idea.

Elite Whore
    Hogs vs. Bama

I will be there go pig sooowie!! Should be a good game, dont think Bama can stop Mallet

Quote Originally Posted by cuthroat View Post
    Hogs vs. Bama

I will be there go pig sooowie!! Should be a good game, dont think Bama can stop Mallet
    alabama's secondary is the weak bone of their defense, that is the only reason arkansas might have a chance, but i dont think they will be able to stop alabamas offense though. the only way arkansas can win is to just straight up out score them

Ya, I don't see any team stopping Alabama's offenese... So balanced and so good all around.

PSN: Nifos

We dont have to stop Alabamas offense we just need to slow it down a bit..cause our offense is a
    scoring machine. We just gotta stay on our game and we have a really good chance.

Just remember last year how everyone expected us to get rocked in the swamp against florida..
    the only reason we lost that game was cause of some aweful refs that got fired after that game.

Arkansas needs to worry about how long they will have the ball. One thing I havent heard much talked about is the talent of Bama's offensive line. If Bama can dictate time of possession with their run game and limit Mallett's touches it could be tough for Arkansas to get any kind of rhythm.